Midwestern AZ alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

want2bPT

Reaction score
Just received my notification that I was put on the alternate list :/

Does anyone know how many students they move through on the alternate list? Does just every student that isn't accepted put on the alternate list rather than receive a rejection? I know they do a rolling admissions and might still be doing interviews so does that mean that they wont pull from the alternate list until all the interviews are completely finished?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t know the exact numbers but of the 27% that were accepted last year, only 9% actually ended up going to Midwestern. They do go through a large amount of people on the waitlist, so don't give up hope! It's likely that they'll pull people from the waitlist whenever accepted students decline their spots and not just after interviews are over.

I was put on the Midwestern AZ waitlist as well. I actually called them and they did tell me that once all the interviews were over, that's when they look at everyone on the waitlist and decide how many spots they have to offer to people on the waitlist and decide who they will offer them to. I would highly suggest calling though and ask for more details. The woman I spoke to informed me that I should write a letter of intent to show my interest to better my chances of getting accepted off the waitlist. She gave me really precise details on what to include in the letter!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was put on the Midwestern AZ waitlist as well. I actually called them and they did tell me that once all the interviews were over, that's when they look at everyone on the waitlist and decide how many spots they have to offer to people on the waitlist and decide who they will offer them to. I would highly suggest calling though and ask for more details. The woman I spoke to informed me that I should write a letter of intent to show my interest to better my chances of getting accepted off the waitlist. She gave me really precise details on what to include in the letter!

Do you mind sharing what they said to include in the letter? I talked to a male advisor and he just said they accept letters and will add it to your file but did not share any information about what to include :(

Do you mind sharing what they said to include in the letter? I talked to a male advisor and he just said they accept letters and will add it to your file but did not share any information about what to include :(
Yes! So I very briefly wrote down what she was saying cuz it was kinda quick, but this is what I have written in my notepad on my iphone lol: Letter of intent sent to admissions including where you hope to be in 5 years, what you hope to gain (honestly im not sure what this means, maybe gain from PT school?), why you should be accepted off the waitlist, and what you can get from Midwestern that other schools cannot provide. I hope this helps! Sorry I didn't take better notes.

Reactions: 1 user