Midwestern AZ-HOLD pending a potential interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qdustbunny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive a letter from CPG stating that your application for the class of 2011 is on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview?

Any opinions as to what my likelihood for an invitation for an interview would be?

I'm totally discouraged! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive a letter from CPG stating that your application for the class of 2011 is on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview?

Any opinions as to what my likelihood for an invitation for an interview would be?

I got the same letter early on in the interview cycle and a month later i received an interview... however... I applied very early on in the cycle and it was my 2nd time applyin'... the first year I applied I got this letter and didn't get an interview... the chance of gettin' an interview after getting this letter is slim... but there is hope... i would definitely look at other schools at this point... good luck with the interview cycle... :thumbup:

Yeah, i agree with Hello18. You basicly have to wait to see if enough people turn down MWU. So I too, would start looking at other schools or options.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, i agree with Hello18. You basicly have to wait to see if enough people turn down MWU. So I too, would start looking at other schools or options.

They seem to put a lot of students on the waiting list post interview; this indicates that your chances are slim. I received a similar letter from Creighton-Distance and subsequently pulled myself from the waiting list.

I have heard that a lot of students get in on to CPG on their second application (like Hello18), so if you dont get in this year make sure to reapply next year.

Some schools are still accepting apps, consider applying elsewhere as well.

Goodluck.

Thanks for the insight. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools.

i got the same letter. it's mid-february now, so i think it's pretty safe to start moving on. i feel your pain, midwestern was my #1 :scared:

i got the same letter. it's mid-february now, so i think it's pretty safe to start moving on. i feel your pain, midwestern was my #1 :scared:

yeah..boooo. Stay positive and hope for the best!

Stats for those put on hold? Wondering if I should hope for this year at all...:confused:

24 y/o

2.75 gpa, 99 pcat

6 years research, 1 year hospital pharmacy volunteer, 13 months retail pharmacy, 6 years volunteer at old folks home, 2 year volunteer at wildlife preserve.

:mad:GPA:mad:

Looks like pretty good stats to me, so don't get too discouraged. I interviewed at CPG last year and got waitlisted and I reapplied this year and got accepted. But with a 99 Pcat score you are bound to get in a school, if you really want to get into CPG, than apply as early as possible, and you will have a great shot at getting in.

I am also in a similar situation. Except I interviewed on jan 24th and I've been put on the 'alternate list.' Does anyone know my chances of getting into MW-cpg. I so want to go here SOOO BAD but I dont know what my chances:( are. I'm kinda stuck because I just had another interview in Minnesota-Twin Cities and they don't update us on our status till after march 6.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management this May. I have a lot of volunteering experience ( 2 yrs at a local hospital pharmacy, VP for prepharmacy club, Treasurer of a diversity initiatives committee for 1.5 years, camp counselor for a business team-building camp for 1 weekend, and I shadowed clinical pharmacists for 3 months, and I am motivated and sincere X 1000000000000) lol:)

I just want an honest opinion on my chances of getting in to MW with my current status and whatnot. That way i know if i should consider other schools.

Thanks!

Last year I didn't send my supp apl. until the deadline and never got a call.

This year i got it in early, had and interview jan 4th and was accepted. The one thing i realized was that it is extremely important to apply early. The other thing is that because they start the first week of June they want there seats filled early.

Now, having said that, They probably have close to 80-90% of there spots fill. There are slim chances to get in, however not unheard of. They are still looking for people to fill some spots.

My advice for those of you that are still dead set on MWU-CPG, and don't hear from them, is to get all your information together and apply as soon as the app process opens for next year. Also, look for strong second and third options.

i got an interview invite by email today.
what are the chances of me getting accepted if i decide to interview in march? how many seats are left?

Members don't see this ad :)
what are the chances of me getting accepted if i decide to interview in march? how many seats are left?
When did you send in you supplemental?

I just want everyone to know that I also got one of those "HOLD" letters!!! :scared: I guess it is time to move on. :(

Well, good luck to us all!!!

in november

Wow...it took them that long to extend out an invitation? Were you put on hold first and then they gave you one?

Good luck with your interview! I definitely think it's worth going to, unless you already have a school to go to. I'm hoping I get an interview...really really bad. If you don't mind sharing...what are your stats? It's fine if you don't feel comfortable answering.

I interviewed there yesterday... they said they have 50 something- I think they said 56, but I'm not positive, students accepted who have paid the deposit. However, there are 20 acceptances out there that have yet to send a deposit. They accept 130 students. So even if all 20 accept, they still only have ~59% (76 students) of the class full. They said they expected to have more by now, so they have added some more interview dates in March.

There were close to 30 interviewing yesterday, and they are interviewing today as well.

Therefore, I imagine some of you who received hold letters will be receiving interviews.
Keep your heads up and best of luck!!!

I have received the same letter in November, still no change. Just waiting to hear from them.

hi, i was put on the wait list on 2-26 and hoping to get an interview. it sounds like people are saying that chances of getting a interview is low, is that true?:scared:

i heard from students and staff at MWU-CPG that they are increasing their class size to ~180 this year. I'm not for certain...does anyone know for sure??

they are thinking of increasing the class size for 2009. nothing definite yet

i heard from students and staff at MWU-CPG that they are increasing their class size to ~180 this year. I'm not for certain...does anyone know for sure??

is anyone able to confirm how many seats cpg is offering this year? when i was there people mentioned that only 55% seats are filled (but other people who are accepted didnt all respond yet, so I am not sure how many seats are filled at this point)

fingers crossed

I had my interview last Friday and the tour guide said there are 180-190 seats this year. The 130 that is listed on pharmcas is not updated.

I had my interview last Friday and the tour guide said there are 180-190 seats this year. The 130 that is listed on pharmcas is not updated.

please I hope you are right. I'm on the alternate list and I have yet to be accepted to any pharmacy school. :oops:

wow i can't believe they're still interviewing! School's starting in 2 months!

Good luck to all who are still waiting :thumbup:

i talked to the admission office a week ago, and they said they are expecting 130 people to be filled this year. I dont know whether the tour guide is correct or not; maybe he/she meant they are expecting to accept 180-90 people (which is a possibility since around approximately 50 people will choose elsewhere).

this is really stressful; school is starting so soon and we dont even know if we will end up there or not =/

They said, at my interview, that they were going to start in June with exactly 130 students. And that they would call those on the wait list untill they had the 130 students. They said nothing to our group about upping the number of students they will take.

For those still waiting, Relax, your call will come.

maybe they mean next year, for class of 2012?

I know they are thinking about increasing the class size for next year's applicants.

They better not take 180-190 this year. I made my decision to attend this school based partly on the class size being 130... if it is much larger, I will rethink that decision.

Hmmm, this seems like we are contradicting each other so I am sorry if I caused any confusion. The reason why I thought it was 180-190 is because of the tour guide, who actually works for the admissions office.

Me: So I looked on PharmCAS and saw that you accept 190 but you enroll only 130. Does that mean that 60 just declined their admission and you didn't fill up those spot?
Him: No actually this year we bumped up the class to 180-190 so that is the class size. The 130 that is listed on PharmCAS is just not updated.

I hope I didn't confused you guys more! But anyways, it's not like it matters too much right? If you were bound to get in, you would get in whether it is 190 or 130. But yeah, the waiting game sucks. Good luck to everyone!

okay... I will have to call and ask... calling

Just spoke with admissions office...

Me: "Hi, could you please tell me the class size for the Pharmacy school Class of 2011?"

Admissions: "130"

Me:"Thanks"

P.S. I'm not trying to argue with you, Ganders, I was just really curious. Someone at Midwestern is giving out the wrong information... I'm not sure who.

okay... I will have to call and ask... calling

Just spoke with admissions office...

Me: "Hi, could you please tell me the class size for the Pharmacy school Class of 2011?"

Admissions: "130"

Me:"Thanks"

P.S. I'm not trying to argue with you, Ganders, I was just really curious. Someone at Midwestern is giving out the wrong information... I'm not sure who.

Haha I know you aren't trying to argue with me. Thanks for clearing things up though! :thumbup: