Midwestern (AZ) interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krigz435

Reaction score
I have an interview at Midwestern in AZ does anyone have any tips or know what types of questions they ask?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at Midwestern in AZ does anyone have any tips or know what types of questions they ask?
My tips would be just stay calm and be personable. They didn’t throw any curveballs at me- just basics like why optometry, why midwestern, how do you study, tell me something interesting about yourself etc. I had young and friendly interviewers and they called me a couple days later to tell me I’d been accepted so the process is quick. Remember to smile and you’ll do great!

OH and you do a lottttttttt of walking on the tour so bring comfortable shoes!

My tips would be just stay calm and be personable. They didn’t throw any curveballs at me- just basics like why optometry, why midwestern, how do you study, tell me something interesting about yourself etc. I had young and friendly interviewers and they called me a couple days later to tell me I’d been accepted so the process is quick. Remember to smile and you’ll do great!

Thank you for the tips! Especially about the shoes I made that mistake at my last interview! I interview on Friday so I hope to hear good news back from them soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your interview! I also have my interview with Midwestern (AZ) on 10/12/18, so please let me know how it goes! :)

Congrats on your interview! I also have my interview with Midwestern (AZ) on 10/12/18, so please let me know how it goes! :)

I think it went really well! The interview was pretty chill they have 2 people interviewing you. I'm not sure if it's open file or not they have ipads in front of them so whether they are looking at your grades or just questions to ask I don't know. They asked me why Optometry, why midwestern, how you will deal with the course load just basic stuff no curve balls. Overall it was really laid back you will do great just be confident in your answers!

Reactions: 1 user