-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern AZ MA 2016-2017
Started by AB0326
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey there and Thank you for making this thread! I received my acceptance last week! 
I still have some time to put down my deposit, but I am pretty sure I will be attending this upcoming August!

I still have some time to put down my deposit, but I am pretty sure I will be attending this upcoming August!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm doing my interview soon. Can anyone tell me what to expect or how to prepare? First grad school interview ever so I'm not sure what it will be like.
I'm doing my interview soon. Can anyone tell me what to expect or how to prepare? First grad school interview ever so I'm not sure what it will be like.
Pretty laid back interview over the phone. But be prepared for questions on why their program specifically and why osteopathic medicine etc. They are really nice and helpful. Also make sure to ask questions. Best of luck! 🙂
Got accepted yesterday. I was just looking at the large 2 bedroom on campus apartments, and would absolutely need a roomie!Just got accepted to this program this year and am thinking of putting down my deposit, just wondering if anyone else was planning on going, maybe we can set up living arrangements?
I was accepted too! Hopefully meet you guys in the fall!
Shot in the dark here, but did anyone else apply to Touro California's Masters of Science in Medical Health Sciences? The program is almost identical and I have no idea how I would decide between the two if I get into Touro.
Shot in the dark here, but did anyone else apply to Touro California's Masters of Science in Medical Health Sciences? The program is almost identical and I have no idea how I would decide between the two if I get into Touro.
I applied also to Touro Ca, but haven't heard anything back yet. I would take Touro over MidWestern-Az only because of family connections in the bay area. I think both programs are solid.
It's rediculous, but I spoke with Touro and looked on their website, and both say they do not send out their decisions for anyone until June 3rd. I made a small protest and they said they have had this request many times and refuse to answer beforehand.
It's rediculous, but I spoke with Touro and looked on their website, and both say they do not send out their decisions for anyone until June 3rd. I made a small protest and they said they have had this request many times and refuse to answer beforehand.
Yeah that is pretty ridiculous. We have to make plans for moving far before hand. Some of these other SMPs start in July/early August. Also the deposit for a lot of these SMPs are pretty expensive.
But I will say the Touro-Ca program is half the price of MidWestern, but living expenses in the Bay Area are far more than Ariz. So you have to consider that as well.
Just accepted to MABS program, wait listed for DMD program. Who still needs roommate etc? I am a husband, father of two who will be moving alone for studies...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm in the MA program here right now. Just so you know, its no joke. It's really hard and super stressful. Teachers are nice, but they try to kill you. Be prepared to give up things little luxuries in life such as your freedom, dignity, and your overall happiness. Good luck!
I'm in the MA program here right now. Just so you know, its no joke. It's really hard and super stressful. Teachers are nice, but they try to kill you. Be prepared to give up things little luxuries in life such as your freedom, dignity, and your overall happiness. Good luck!
Hey guys,
I'm in the MA program here right now. Just so you know, its no joke. It's really hard and super stressful. Teachers are nice, but they try to kill you. Be prepared to give up things little luxuries in life such as your freedom, dignity, and your overall happiness. Good luck!
I can second that. I am currently in the masters program as well, and it's definitely an accelerated program. Quarter system means exams almost every other week. Any questions about the program, classes, etc. hit me up. I'm glad to help!
Definitely have a strong understanding of the MA program versus the MS, especially if you're applying for the MA program, because they will almost always try to push the 2-year MS program on you if you don't have solid reasoning behind your decision. Aside from that, just make sure you're able to talk about and ECs and/or research, and maybe a couple of questions to ask about the program. It's not too bad 🙂I'm doing my interview soon. Can anyone tell me what to expect or how to prepare? First grad school interview ever so I'm not sure what it will be like.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied mid-January for AZ, interviewed mid-February and was accepted a week later.Hey! I just recently applied to this program in both AZ and IL. How quick was the interview/acceptance process for you guys? What exactly did that look like? Any extra insight would be helpful! Thank you!
Thanks!It's a phone interview, no worries.
I had my phone interview on Wednesday! How soon after your interview did you guys hear you were accepted?
I had my phone interview about 2 months ago and then got wait listed 3 weeks ago and finally accepted this Wednesday.
I had my interview last Wednesday and got my acceptance notification on Tuesday.
And congrats Jrc! Is Midwestern your first choice? Glad you were able to get a seat!![]()
Thanks Chocolate addict! It is my first choice, my brother-in-law went to the MA program and then the DO program. He has nothing but amazing things to say about midwestern. Congrats to you as well! Hope to see you there!
Th
Great! Thanks for doing that!
Okay, guys. I went ahead and made a Facebook group for us since it seems like there is no pre-existing one in place. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/949473801832922/ 🙂
Great! Thanks for doing that!

.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 743
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 829