MIDWESTERN azcom VS ccom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
funny how you have these big brass ballz all of a sudden scuba...or maybe it's cuz you're hidin' behind that computer monitor of yours

i'll get ya

+pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Hahaha....you THINK you're tough.

I don't hind behind NOTHIN'. So like I said, I;m gonna be draggin' your skinny, puny behind over to CCOM. Try to kick and scream....cuz it ain't gonna work.

OK so um, maybe I should rethink this whole going to AZCOM thing. Too bad I cancelled/withdrew my applications/interviews already. Do you think admissions offices would mind me saying I was just kidding when I wanted to withdraw my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by scubadiva
Hahaha....you THINK you're tough.

I don't hind behind NOTHIN'. So like I said, I;m gonna be draggin' your skinny, puny behind over to CCOM. Try to kick and scream....cuz it ain't gonna work.

wow scubadiva.....you weren't like this on your interview here!!!! hmmmm....are your true colors showing now?!?!?! :eek:

and you definitely were not like this when i used to boss you around in labor and delivery several years ago! it might be too scary if you come out here to chicago!

scubadiva,

SM-UCLA Tech use to boss you around?!?! Where you a care extender? That'd be craaaaazy.

Anyway I'll see you tomorrow bright and early.

Hey SM-UCLA Tech...gettin' cold yet? :) I was just in Indiana yesterday...man it was fricken freezing...but i LOVED it...memories of the Midwest...woot.

Cold?......I guess not nearly as cold as it will get......the weather is still very tolerable.......it's kind of nice.....

what were you doing in Indiana again??? Interview already?

Today I sent out hte $250 matriculation fee to AZCOM...OUCH! Hopefully I get a huge tax refund next Spring to cover the cost of the next portion of the fee.

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
Today I sent out hte $250 matriculation fee to AZCOM...OUCH! Hopefully I get a huge tax refund next Spring to cover the cost of the next portion of the fee.

That is seriously nothing compared to the stupid deposit amounts TUCOM and COMP have.

Lari

makes u think maybe the schools w/ huge deposits aren't so sure of themselves

sort of a insecurity thing

j/k

Originally posted by DoHzA
makes u think maybe the schools w/ huge deposits aren't so sure of themselves

sort of a insecurity thing

j/k

YEP. That's exactly the feeling I have about that too--especially for TUCOM. :laugh:

Anyway...back to the subject of Midwestern! Go CCOM!!! :clap:

Lari

when did u interview and how much longer til u heard a response?

and why did u pick ccom over azcom?

kris,

yeah i was in indiana for my interview...but we talked on IM so nm that.

dohza,

chi town rocks. it's much more east coastish and traditional as well as way more cultured than california or the southwest...much more history and arts too...i guess it makes the whole overall atmosphere nicer and more "mature" as opposed to the flashy, materialistic, wannabe environment i feel that CA has. nothing, however, beats the weather in So Cal...seriously nothing.

lari,

yes, go CCOM. The TUCOM 2000 dollar thing in TWO weeks is absolutely ludicrous. That Brian guy is also a little too um...enthusiastic...kinda scared me away. They should seriously pay him - he's doing a good job of being excited about it. At least COMP gives you a few months to come up with a grand.

Originally posted by lukealfredwhite
And a word about CCOM: I'm not about to say anything bad about them, but the word on the street is that they dissect dolphins and puppies just for fun.

Only when we can get them. Usually we just send hunting parties out into the woods to find small innocent woodland creatures. You know you can dissect when you find the pudendal nerve and artery on a chipmunk. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Rev. Horace
pudendal nerve and artery

Holy crap I freak myself out. I took anatomy three years ago, and still remember where that's at.

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
Holy crap I freak myself out. I took anatomy three years ago, and still remember where that's at.

good luck trying to find them again! :laugh:

this time you will have to do it from scratch and after the body has been cut into several pieces! then try to find it during a practical exam when the professors are trying to trick you by removing or obscuring other possible landmarks!

wow scubadiva.....you weren't like this on your interview here!!!! hmmmm....are your true colors showing now?!?!?!

Is this a challenge I hear??? SM-UCLA tech, those days of bossing me around are long gone! If you wanna step up to the plate, feel free, cuz you only saw the nice side to scubadiva.

Ever wonder why I've been accepted to a few schools so far? Could it possibly stem from the fact that the admissions committees feared for their lives and their loved ones?

I recommend the same for you too, buddy. :D

I'm still thinking about the whole CCOM/AZCOM debate as this thread originally was about until people like YOU crash it and sabotaged the thread :laugh: (j/k)!

OK so um, maybe I should rethink this whole going to AZCOM thing. Too bad I cancelled/withdrew my applications/interviews already. Do you think admissions offices would mind me saying I was just kidding when I wanted to withdraw my application?

I have officially decided that XCR is the ONLY one who is smart enough to back down from scubadiva. Maybe you WILL survive your first day of classes after all.....remember, I only said maybe, just maybe....:laugh:

funny how you have these big brass ballz all of a sudden scuba...

HAHAHA!!! DoHzA...Who said you could refer to me merely as the two-syllabled "scuba"! It's four-syllabled "scubadiva" to you, buster! Big brass ballz, huh? I've got more brass ballz than you do, buddy....and I'm a GIRL!!! All I've gotta recommend for you is that hopefully in less than a year before school starts, you better buys some fertilizer to grow your own set of brass ballz cuz seeing as how things are, you don't GOT NONE and won't survive if I find you. :rolleyes: :D I suppose I'll spare XCR as he/she( :confused: sorry, don't know which one?) has decided to realize the error of his/her ways!!!

By the way SM-UCLA tech, you are gonna be coming home for the holidays....maybe you should rethink that especially since you'd be within driving distance from me :eek: (j/k)

Originally posted by SM-UCLA tech
good luck trying to find them again! :laugh:

this time you will have to do it from scratch and after the body has been cut into several pieces! then try to find it during a practical exam when the professors are trying to trick you by removing or obscuring other possible landmarks!

Remind me why we sawed the bodies apart again?? The benefits seemed miniscule compared to the massive disorientation that it imparted. I like anatomy and find it very interesting, but I usually loathe everything about that class. Seems like it's more of them trying to outwit you then make you learn anything.

kris is funny.

scubadiva isn't scary at all...i think she wants to have that scary catwoman image but she's as scary as a kitten

Originally posted by NDESTRUKT
kris is funny.

scubadiva isn't scary at all...i think she wants to have that scary catwoman image but she's as scary as a kitten

would she wear that patent leather catwoman outfit?!?! :D

chi town rocks. it's much more east coastish

NDESTRUKT, being a native of Chicago, I take offense to this comment. I think it is just the opposite--not "east coastish" and I like that. Chicago is cool because it is Chicago, UNLIKE anything else.

Thank you very much!

Oh yeah and AZCOM rules!

so who remembers what we were talkin about?

We were discussing the pros/cons of AZCOM vs. CCOM!

If only people would stop attacking each other here...maybe we would make some progress.

By the way, I was never catwoman ever for halloween....but I was Britney Spears. Go Britney, I look JUST like her too (minus the implants), but with a much tougher personality.

Anyone buying her CD like me at midnight? You all should. I am positive it will trigger memorization and inspire it if you study with her music on.

Going to AZCOM?
Or am I going to CCOM?

Arrgghhhh.....thinking about the choice.

I think you should go to CCOM

hahahahahahaha

you're freakin irish out scuba

Again, who gave you the right to refer to me merely as "scuba"? it's scubadiva to you, buddy.

Those currently at AZCOM or potential students better watch out cuz I am taking over the day that I arrive....IF I go to AZCOM. :D

So...any progress or comments for why anyone would want to go to AZCOM over CCOM?

Is it true that the rotations for AZCOM are not that great, as in, there is very little hands on that students have during their rotations? I heard this from a graduate. Just wondering about the extent of his statement.

I have acceptances to both but right now I am leaning toward azcom.....

as for rotations there is a great couple of threads in the osteopathic forum that talk about them.

I think its what you make it....if your willing to go towards a smaller city then you will most likely get A LOT more hands on experience. I think it can be either hit or miss....you can either have an awesome preceptor or a bleech one. I think having one preceptor though give an opportunity for a lot of trust being built

a lot more hands on experience in a smaller city?????

ummm....that's not true!:laugh:

I was accepted to both CCOM and AZCOM, but it wasn't even a contest. While the facilities were very nice at both, the attitude of the folks in AZ was ten times better than Chicago. CCOM was my worst interview experience. The interviewer who wasn't catatonic was downright rude. I was also highly impressed by AZCOM's board scores. The day I was there they found that they had received 100% on COMLEX-II.

This isn't to say that CCOM isn't a good school. I know a handful of docs who went there and they are teriffic--I just had a bad experience there. Plus it was so cold....brrrrr!

Welcome to AZCOM Zach.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY AZCOM ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!!!????

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

DUDE! Chill out! You're scaring these people here, buddy!

Hahaha

Trust me, just freakin' call the school and tell them you have otehr interviews that you would like to cancel. That's what I did, so they told me over the phone even though they really weren't supposed to tell me. i have patience, but not for situations like these.

I am POSITIVE you're in. If you don't get in, I'll hand you my acceptance letter and you can turn it in, you'll just have to pose as scubadiva, which means you might have to grow your hair out and dress like a girl. ;)

Anything to become a doctor....right :p

Dohza-

I know how you feel. I bought a $125 airline ticket for another interview cuz I swore I wasn't accepted at AZCOM, but I was.

Howdy to all you AZCOM acceptees. As of right now I'm headed there, we'll see what happenes early next year.

all this hype bout goin to azcom and here i am waitlisted!

damn it

i think i jinxed myself...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

I'm sorry.

If you jinxed yourself, I probably jinxed myself for CCOM now. Oh geez, now I also have a sick feeling in my stomach because if you thought your interview went well at AZCOM, I thought my interview went well at CCOM. Shoot!

I broke down and called CCOM this morning, guess what? No results, I have to wait until next week!!!

I think I might not have CCOM as an option, I now realize that I smiled too much during my interview. Cr@p! Someone told me smiling during an interview is not a good thing. I know I didn't really smile at my other interviews and was accepted into those other schools, but I couldn't help that I was hyperactive at CCOM cuz of their wonderful coffee.

I don't know anymore. I was so sure you were into AZCOM.

Plus, I had talked to Rob and he was in shock too :eek: ! he even commented on what great skills you have at interviews. :clap: I'll keep praying, hey, the big Dude upstairs is still watching out for you since he did send you an angel (your gf :D )

the mock interview people at LMU said smiling is key
so who knows the truth

i'm glad i got my lady and i'm thinkin this is all a divine plan to stay here with her and both of our families because God knows my grandmothers are departing soon (hopefully not too soon) but maybe this is a plan which i shouldn't even question

i truly believe that "Everything happens for a reason!"

look at me tho i'm talkin like i was denied or somethin

should i call CCOM???? hmmmm.....

I just called them, but I think you interviewed the same week as me? 11/3

They probably reviewed your file and my file at the same meeting, which means that the results for both of us aren't in just yet. But you could give it a shot. I just called this morning.

Try calling. Maybe your results are in, but they told me the middle of next week via snail mail.

I know it's all part of the "plan", but sometimes it just sucks if the "everything happens for a reason" excuse has to come into play.

I know it's true, but everytime anyone tells me that, I want to strangle them. :rolleyes:

Good to know that you see the bright sde of things. Better than I would have handled it. Now when I'm rejected from CCOM, I bet you can only imagine how I'm gonna handle it.

Go figure. I have issues!

i think I'm almost just as upset as you, if not MORE upset than your alternate status at AZCOM +pissed+

throwing computers now, are we scubadiva? you truly are scary.

keep us up to date on your CCOM pursuit.

DoHZA, stay close to your woman...that's truly worth the most in life =)

Is this the official "Let's challenge scubadiva thread?"

I am scary :eek: .

Case in point: I was dricing yesterday, honked at one of my students, and scared him to the point where he could NOT even trun and look at me. He then proceeded to roll up his windows because he was scared of me.:eek: in class, he said he was truly frightened...as anyone should be! You should be too! Heed those warnings.......or else.....:laugh:

bring it on SCOOBYdiva :D

yeah scooby...bring it.

you're as scary as an inanimate object...in other words...ur not scary! :)

better watch what you say here.....

you never know when a helicopter is going to land on you........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't stand it. I just called CCOM this morning and last Thursday, and there IS a decision made on my status, BUT....the dean hasn't signed it so they CAN'T tell me!!!!

I am annoyed, irritated, and mad. I hate being left hanging. Just tell me I'm rejected already!!!

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

I called yesterday and the lady told me that they were not done and that I should call today. I called Ccom today and they said that they can not tell me over the phone. DIdnt they used to call and inform people. She was like the letter has been sent yesterday and you should recieve it by next week. I think that it was a nice way of saying you got rejected. what do you guys think?????????????

fyi: I ended up calling a total of three times (third time was the charm) before I was told of the decision on my app. In one of my phone calls I asked if they would be calling or mailing and was told that there was a new administrator (or something like that) and they were in the process of deciding how to notify people (this was late oct, early nov). I was also told they couldn't tell me over the phone (twice)... I think that means that the office people can't tell you over the phone. The third time I was transferred to someone else and she was able to tell me that I was accepted. Don't give up hope yet.

AZCOM took about 3 weeks to let me know where as CCOM let me know a little less than 2 weeks from my interview. I think just depends on a lot of circumstances.

I called them a third time and insisted and they tod me that I was placed on the alternate list. I dont even know what that supposed to mean
Can someone help me out with that

I called them a third time and insisted and they tod me that I was placed on the alternate list. I dont even know what that supposed to mean

Hey Mojo, I'm sorry to hear that you were placed on the waitlist.

I also called today. I swear I harassed that office of admissions for CCOM, but whenever I called to check to see if the results were in yet, I never gave my name :D :p !

They told me over the phone today (Tues. 11/24 at 6 a.m. PST). She put me on hold for what seemed like forever and told me that I was accepted :clap: . It's my first choice and I am very excited.

The waitlist at both CCOM and AZCOM are unranked which means that they do NOT evaluate students until they have sent out all the acceptances adn receieved confirmation from the students. They reevaluate the waitlist AFTER everyone has been placed on the alternate list. Once this is done, there will be ranked students. Therefore, even though you interviewed in the first batch of interviewees, that
(unfortunately +pissed+ ) does not place you towards the top of the list. I know that completely sucks big time!!!

Good luck to you. I hope you get moved up on the list. Remember, it's not over just yet (I know it's easy for me to say that). Try to send in an update of either your grades, activities, maybe more lor's; it can definitely help to have someone vouch for you. One of my friends was waitlisted at Georgetown (MD program), and he had his professor calling periodically to vouch for this students. Needless to say, he was accepted as a result of his professor's persistence. It CAN be done!!! I will keep my fingers crossed. They also mailed out the letters yesterday, Monday, 11/23.

Originally posted by scubadiva

They told me over the phone today (Tues. 11/24 at 6 a.m. PST). She put me on hold for what seemed like forever and told me that I was accepted :clap: . It's my first choice and I am very excited.

So you ain't joining my posse at AZCOM...I'm so sad

Who said I didn't visit Glendale, AZ??? I can still find you! ;)