1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Midwestern CCP- accelerated program?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by purplepower, Dec 26, 2008.

1. purplepower

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Can anyone give me details on the option graduating early at Midwestern CCP by doing an accelerated program? I think this is where you do rotations in the summer or something to get ahead, and finish in September of your last year instead of April/May. Do they talk about this at the interview? Also, do they offer this at other 4 year schools? (I know about the 3 yr. programs, such as Midwestern-Glendale)

I saw a blurb about this in some of their literature.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Illinigirl09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    They talk about it briefly during the interview, but no essentially you can't "graduate early." You have 6 rotations to do, and 8 different times to do them in. So you have flexibility on when to do your rotations and when to have time off. However you can't have two sessions off in a row, and everyone graduates in May at the same time. So no, its not really an "accelerated program" it just gives you flexibility.

4. purplepower

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hey I found an old thread about this program, and graduating early, and posted a reply to it. Sorry about there being 2 threads now on the same topic but I didn't know how to combine them.

5. CoffeeDose

2+ Year Member

Hey purplepower, I heard MMW-CCP doesn't offer that accelerated program anymore. I know someone who's currently attending there. He said his year of entrance was the last year that they offer that accelerated program. I think he started in Fall 2006 or something. You should call the school after Xmas break to make sure though.

6. KARM12

KARM12 Super Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    This is correct. MWU stopped the accelerated program due to the new ACPE requirement for 300hrs of IPE credit. It was too hard to get those hrs before you would start rotations.

7. WhiteSnows

WhiteSnows Think Right and Grow Rich
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The answer is no. Other campus is 3 years, but CCP is 4 years.

8. purplepower

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Ok thanks everyone, this is good to know.