Midwestern CCP supplemental question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprinkle0420

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received an email stating thatI can go ahead and fill out the supplemental application.....one of the essay questions is exactly the same as the personal statement question we were supposed to answer on the Pharmcas application. For those of you who already submitted your supplemental application and were invited to the mandatory campus visit, did you use your personal statement from pharmcas to answer the essay question "why do you want to become a pharmacist?" on Midwestern's supplemental, or did you use a revised version? Just confused and looking for some help, thanks all! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in exactly the same situation.... I am working on filling out my Midwestern CCP supplemental right now, and I don't know how to handle that question. I'm thinking that just copying exactly what I have in my PharmCAS application is not the best idea.

Anyone have advice for us?

someone advised me not to write the same exact one since they may be looking for creativity (not sure if that's the word i'm realyl looking for). they want you to be unique. i'm sure they don't want to read the same things and bore themselves to death (which i'm sure happens considering the amount of applications they receive). but anyway.. you want to sound as motivated as possible so try drawing up more experiences and stuff to add to ur essays...

hope this helps?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also would not use the same exact statement. I think CCP's supp app gives you more "words" to use to answer this question. Make it specific to how CCP could help you attain these goals or what you have done in the past that will make you successful in pharmacy school.

Since you don't have a formal interview...this is the only chance the admission's staff gets to see who you are... You need to make yourself stand out from the almost 2000 others that apply for the 200 spots.

Good Luck!

(And I love CCP so you should totally come here if you get in!)

I also would not use the same exact statement. I think CCP's supp app gives you more "words" to use to answer this question. Make it specific to how CCP could help you attain these goals or what you have done in the past that will make you successful in pharmacy school.

Since you don't have a formal interview...this is the only chance the admission's staff gets to see who you are... You need to make yourself stand out from the almost 2000 others that apply for the 200 spots.

Good Luck!

(And I love CCP so you should totally come here if you get in!)

Thanks for the input!!
Hey - I'm mailing my supplemental application on Monday. I know Midwestern is on rolling admissions. Do you think I've waited too long (just really hoping my chances have not decreased TOO much since I haven't yet submitted my supplemental)..... any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the input!!
Hey - I'm mailing my supplemental application on Monday. I know Midwestern is on rolling admissions. Do you think I've waited too long (just really hoping my chances have not decreased TOO much since I haven't yet submitted my supplemental)..... any more input would be greatly appreciated.

No I don't think it is too late. There hasn't been that many MCV this year yet...maybe like 5. They continue to do them through April/May. Just get your stuff together as soon as you can. While rolling admissions favors those who apply a little earlier....they generally still have a good portion of the seats in their class open right now.