$$$ Midwestern - CCP $$$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were accepted to Midwestern - Chicago, I have two questions for you. How much time were you given between the day you received your initial matriculation package and the day it was due? I got mine on the 10th of February and it was due 4 days later on Valentines Day. The funny thing was, when I opened it, I was packed and ready to leave for Toronto/Niagara Falls for 4 days. Talk about added stress as I'm about to leave for a relaxing trip.

Nonetheless, I sent it via registered mail with a return receipt, which I got back promptly. My second question is, if anyone paid by writing down their credit card numbers, how long did it take before Midwestern charged the card? They still haven't charged my card for the $500 deposit. It will be about a week that they've had it now. Should I call them or is this their standard procedure?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Hey freshbeatchris! Congrats!

I received my package around the 28th of January and was due less than two weeks later. However, I am from CA, so it took some time to come. JADM PM'd me to let me know that he receive his a few days before.

I sent in a check....and it took them a while to process it. I haven't checked to see if they cashed it yet after a couple weeks of checking. However, I eventually received another information packet recently from the Student financial aid office....getting your mwu e-mail account so you can access housing and other student financial aid resources.

That reminds me, I need to finish my fafsa....

I can't answer your first question because the post office screwed up and never sent me my matriculation packet...but Midwestern sent it FedEx overnight when I called them and they also extended my due date. I am glad that they call you to tell you that you are accepted and not just send a letter because I never would have known and would have given up my seat unknowingly. They recieved my deposit (using a credit card) on the 12th, and they "completed" the deposit on the 21st (this was in December)...and the due date was the 19th. These dates are what it says on the Accepted Student Checklist Online.

Btw, how was Toronto? Did you go to any Leafs games? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my packet on Jan 27 and the matriculation agreement was due on Feb 6. I sent it on Feb 1st via regular post and I my check was cashed last week. I think credit card payment would take a bit longer since it takes few days to process the payment. You shouldn't worry about it since you've received the return receipt from the mailing service. But also it wouldn't do any harm if you call them just to confirm that they've received your payment. I think if there was any problem with the payment, they'd contact you right away :D

May I ask you if you sent the background check agreement form along with the matriculation forms? I ask this because there is a different deadline for the backgroung check form and I am not sure if we have to do some additional thing to authorize the background check or simply send the form that was enclosed in the packet.

May I ask you if you sent the background check agreement form along with the matriculation forms? I ask this because there is a different deadline for the backgroung check form and I am not sure if we have to do some additional thing to authorize the background check or simply send the form that was enclosed in the packet.[/QUOTE]

Hey Chichan,

I already sent in my background check form just to get it over with. I don't think there is anything else that needs to be submitted along with it....However, I am considering calling the health center to schedule all my immunizations with them for the summer. I don't have health insurance nor would I want to do it with the doctor I used to have...Actually, I haven't done much yet (financial aid, housing, etc)...still finishing up physio and english comp.

Btw, don't we need to apply for an intern license with the state (IL)? I am waiting for the admission cycle to be over, but I am already setting my heart for Chicago anyways.

[/QUOTE]I already sent in my background check form just to get it over with. I don't think there is anything else that needs to be submitted along with it....However, I am considering calling the health center to schedule all my immunizations with them for the summer. I don't have health insurance nor would I want to do it with the doctor I used to have...Actually, I haven't done much yet (financial aid, housing, etc)...still finishing up physio and english comp.

Btw, don't we need to apply for an intern license with the state (IL)? I am waiting for the admission cycle to be over, but I am already setting my heart for Chicago anyways.[/QUOTE]

I think you just need your pharmacy technician license for Midwestern. It is as simple as a copy of your high school diploma and 40 bucks.

Chris

chichan said:
May I ask you if you sent the background check agreement form along with the matriculation forms? I ask this because there is a different deadline for the backgroung check form and I am not sure if we have to do some additional thing to authorize the background check or simply send the form that was enclosed in the packet.

I sent everything back that was in the matriculation package and that did include the background check. I have not yet started on the immunizations.

Chris