Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmbzp5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, has anyone heard from Midwestern CCP that applied there late Jan. early Feb. I just feel that two months should be enough time to at least let people know that they are still reviewing or done with their MCV and send out rejections. I just feel they expect applicants to act professional, but they could careless once the check falls out of the envelope. I feel like I'm adam corolla here with the ranting.

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone heard from Midwestern CCP that applied there late Jan. early Feb. I just feel that two months should be enough time to at least let people know that they are still reviewing or done with their MCV and send out rejections. I just feel they expect applicants to act professional, but they could careless once the check falls out of the envelope. I feel like I'm adam corolla here with the ranting.

My application was complete on 1/31. My interview with them is on Monday.

Oh what do you care...you already got accepted to your top school.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was finished on 1/25, and my MCV is on Monday as well. I hear they are doing MCV's through april, but yeah, waiting for some sort of response should be somewhat timely. All this waiting makes me feel like im taking crazy pills. :scared:

I kinda had a feeling that you did :) But I'm not worried, at least not anymore. The school isn't as appealing as it was before since they took that accelerated option away. Where is "S" by the way? :p

Have they for sure taken the accelerated option away?

They haven't said anything officially...but it is likely it is going to get the axe. The faculty doesn't like it and niether does ACPE.

I was at the Feb. 12 MCV, and the Dean told us that it most likely won't be offered anymore due to issues the ACPE has with it. She told us as kind of a warning - such as 'if you want to come here because of the 3 year option, don't count on it because it probably won't be offered anymore'... or something to that effect.

Just curious - does anyone know what the ACPE doesn't like about the 3 year program? Some pharmacy schools only offer a 3 year program - so what could the issue be? Or - does the ACPE not care for any 3 year program?

I was at the Feb. 12 MCV, and the Dean told us that it most likely won't be offered anymore due to issues the ACPE has with it. She told us as kind of a warning - such as 'if you want to come here because of the 3 year option, don't count on it because it probably won't be offered anymore'... or something to that effect.

Just curious - does anyone know what the ACPE doesn't like about the 3 year program? Some pharmacy schools only offer a 3 year program - so what could the issue be? Or - does the ACPE not care for any 3 year program?

New ACPE guidelines require more experiental education prior to make rotations...this makes it hard with how CCP has it set up. As AGO is now, you start rotations before finishing all your classes.

Hey All,

Had my MCV today, was very relaxed, not even nametags. Just a short essay, and introduction to the school, and more so just an informational day. They have two more MCV days, and they said they will let us know of their decision to either
A: reject
B: Waitlist
C: Accept
by Mid April. In my opinion, a lot of the information is very unnecessary unless you are an accepted candidate. Just my two cents... :cool:

I got an invite for April 2nd. It was in my email this morning. I finished my app around Feb 20th. I'm so nervous, yet also excited!

That's really a bummer if they get rid of the accelerated program. It's not one of my main reasons for this being my #1 school, but it is a nice feature.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an Invite, but I'm turning it down. I've already deposited at Creighton.

does anyone know how many ppl have they accepted?i really hope its nothing like cpg where there's only a few spots n theyre like inviting everyone to fill the alternate list.. thanks

does anyone know how many ppl have they accepted?i really hope its nothing like cpg where there's only a few spots n theyre like inviting everyone to fill the alternate list.. thanks

I was at the Tuesday MCV and am wondering the same thing. Everyone there said they had no exact number and couldn't even give an estimate, but assured that there were a significant number of available spots. I'm guessing there can't be all that many left, this late in the cycle, but I've heard if you're on the alternate list, you still have a decent chance of getting in.

Yeah I don't really think so about the alternate list because the school places everyone who intervied on the alternate list, unless they were accepted. I don't think they have actually rejected anyone that interviews. I have no proof to back that up, but it just seems that way because no one from SDN has received a rejection.

yeah, I am and i know there are a lot more on the alternate list.

im waitlisted also. Does anyone know when they will start accepting ppl off the waitlist? I believe they are having their last mcv in the next week or so.
Larry

im waitlisted also. Does anyone know when they will start accepting ppl off the waitlist? I believe they are having their last mcv in the next week or so.
Larry

Actually their last interview was 4/1/07 maybe today too.. at least according to the lady at admissions..does anyone know how many ppl they intevriewed?

Larry

Do u mind sharing ur stats plz...Thanks:)

There was a MCV today. I did notice applicants on campus.

Today is the last MCV at CCP.....hopefully not as many people will be waitlisted because it's more conclusive that this is the last of the batch, and if they've got to choose, they've got to choose from us... no more interviews means no more wait for their sparkling mr. or ms. perfect candidate.
At least that's what I think.

ok, so all of those accepted and planning to attend CCP in the fall we FINALLY got the group on facebook open to people in other networks!!! YAY!! SO JOIN so we can chat more!! Just search CCP Class of 2011. If you have a problem, pm me and I will help ya out!:)

Congrats everyone! You'll love it here! I won't get to meet any of you because I will be graduating the week you start class!!!

Does anyone know when they will start pulling people off the waitlist and how long the waitlist is?

Does anyone know when they will start pulling people off the waitlist and how long the waitlist is?

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I will be declining my spot in the class..... so at least one spot is opening up.

im waitlisted! gosh im screwed.. im literally waitlisted EVERYWHERE.. gosh i hope they rejected some ppls.. and wats up with the "not ranked" waitlist.. how are they going to pull people off? First come first serve? then Im really screwed.. sorry.. just blowing off some steam.. got a waitlist letter for the past 3 days straight..and it does show that I dont really deserve to go to pharm school.. but gosh I was hoping .. by luck! :(

Yep, Im waitlisted too. This realy sucks. I wonder if they actually declined students that they invited to the MCV. It seems like they only waitlisted the students that were at the interview but havent declined any of us?

Hey guys. I got my waitlist letter yesterday! Although i was just as bummed as many of you. Do any of you know how many are on the waitlist at CCP and how many get accepted? Also when do they decide who gets accepted form the waitlist and who doesn't?

Also what are thier average stats for PCAT scores (sub scores and composite) ..Ive looked for them online, but couldn't find any!

. What does Midwestern University consider to be competitive GPA’s and standardized test scores? A. Our most competitive applicants will possess overall and science GPA’s at or above our averages and PCAT scores at or above our averages. The average GPA’s were a 3.41 overall and 3.33 science for the class entering fall of 2005 and the average PCAT composite score was in the 81st percentile.

Does anyone know when they will start pulling from the waitlist?????

I was told over the phone between June-August. That's a looooong time away. Boo. More waiting. :(

Congrats everyone! You'll love it here! I won't get to meet any of you because I will be graduating the week you start class!!!

Hey KARM12 - just curious what you're favorite rotation was/least favorite?

Hey KARM12 - just curious what you're favorite rotation was/least favorite?

By far the hematology/oncology rotation at Rush University Medical Center was the best. It was very interesting and had a huge opportunity for pharmacist intervention. I loved every second of it.

Walgreens was the worst 6 weeks of my life.:(

By far the hematology/oncology rotation at Rush University Medical Center was the best. It was very interesting and had a huge opportunity for pharmacist intervention. I loved every second of it.

Walgreens was the worst 6 weeks of my life.:(

So do you think you had a bad experience because you don't like retail pharmacy or was it maybe just specific to the store/setting you were in for that rotation?

Thanks for the info!:)

Did anybody at MWU-CCP consolidate student loans with Sallie Mae or any other loan company? Did you just consolidate the unsubsidized stafford loan or the subsidized too?