Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasabi123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received an invite for the mcv on October 15th through email :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
same here, but schools keep providing dates where i have exams the very next day. this is killing me

i got an invite today too!
i'm excited...but i think i'm going to fail my classes and go broke before I even get into pharm school from all these interviews lol

sounds like we have the same Mercer and CCP interview dates haha. Do you go to UF now? I'm from Orlando...

Has anyone been to the CCP campus? I thought it was in the city, but now looking more closely at the website it says "located on rolling hills" lol. How far outside the city is it? Alright, I'm map questing...haha

i got an invite today too!
i'm excited...but i think i'm going to fail my classes and go broke before I even get into pharm school from all these interviews lol

can u plz provide ur stats too ..thanks

Does anyone know if CCP does one-to-one interviews. In the website, it says "Mandatory Campus Visit." What does that mean???

congrats to everyone! i just got my invite also :D

sounds like we have the same Mercer and CCP interview dates haha. Do you go to UF now? I'm from Orlando...

Has anyone been to the CCP campus? I thought it was in the city, but now looking more closely at the website it says "located on rolling hills" lol. How far outside the city is it? Alright, I'm map questing...haha

CCP is located in one of the most affluent suburbs in the Chicago area... It is a beautiful campus.

I graduated from UF in August 2007 (a couple of months ago) and I decided to chill in Gainesville while I go through the whole pharmacy school application process. So, hey, I'll be looking for you at Mercer and MWU-CCP :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hihi:

does anybody know approximately the timeline of the application for CCP is? ie, how long after pharmcas mailing date did you get a supplemental... how long after submitting supplemental you get an interview invite?

thanks!

same here, what makes a professional dress? just a suit or can it be just dress pants and a shirt.

yea, i would also like to know how long it takes for MWU Chicago to contact you for an interview. Let's keep each other updated on this forum. Thanks!

they sent me an email about 2 weeks after i mailed my supplemental

for those who already interviewed at CCP this year, can you please share your experience? Is the interview one on one, or group interview, or is it just a campus visit like last year? Thanks!!

for those who already interviewed at CCP this year, can you please share your experience? Is the interview one on one, or group interview, or is it just a campus visit like last year? Thanks!!

There 1st interview is on Oct 15th, there 2nd interview will be on Nov 13th (I'm in this group)... so there hasn't been one yet... as for the interview... I believe it will be a group interview as it says this on their site... there will also be a writing sample that will evaluate how you write... hope that helps...

good luck everyone on the 15th, hope to see you all there :)

I got an interview invitation too. I'm gonna reserve for the Nov 13th.
I'm so nervous... :eek:

Those who are doing interviews on the Oct 15th please please post feedback!!

Good luck everybody~ :oops:

Is anyone with the oct 15th MCV going early and checking out chicago? I'll be there Sat-Mon and wanted to see the city a little bit if anyone's interested!

Is anyone with the oct 15th MCV going early and checking out chicago? I'll be there Sat-Mon and wanted to see the city a little bit if anyone's interested!

Hey!

I'll arrive in Chicago on Saturday (night, I think) and I'll be flying out on Monday (after the interview).

I was going to try to check out Chicago on Sunday :)

Hey all-
I will be interviewing on nov. 13th as well...hope we are in the same interview group! Does anyone know how close chicago is from downers grove?

Hey all-
I will be interviewing on nov. 13th as well...hope we are in the same interview group! Does anyone know how close chicago is from downers grove?

Depends on what you mean by Chicago... if you mean downtown like the Loop area...then 30mn with no traffic, an hr with traffic. If you mean Chicago, like the very outskirts...not more than 15-20mn drive down 290. Downers Grove is a western suburb of Chicago. If you are coming in for an interview, my suggestion would be to stay in a hotel close to the school and not in the city. Chicago traffic/weather is unpredictable so you don't want anything to hinder you getting there.

Good luck...CCP is a great school. Best decision I ever made was to go there. I have nothing but good things to say.

Depends on what you mean by Chicago... if you mean downtown like the Loop area...then 30mn with no traffic, an hr with traffic. If you mean Chicago, like the very outskirts...not more than 15-20mn drive down 290. Downers Grove is a western suburb of Chicago. If you are coming in for an interview, my suggestion would be to stay in a hotel close to the school and not in the city. Chicago traffic/weather is unpredictable so you don't want anything to hinder you getting there.

Good luck...CCP is a great school. Best decision I ever made was to go there. I have nothing but good things to say.

how hard to get into this school...

hello18, michelle, notcoy, and roanoke, can you guys provide ur stats? We will all be going to the interview nov. 13th...curious to see what other interviewers are like! I will be arriving the mon. night before. my stats:

3.5 gpa
degree bio/minor psych
pharm tech 1 yr
hospital pharm volunteer
pcat....just awful :(

hello18, michelle, notcoy, and roanoke, can you guys provide ur stats? We will all be going to the interview nov. 13th...curious to see what other interviewers are like! I will be arriving the mon. night before. my stats:

3.5 gpa
degree bio/minor psych
pharm tech 1 yr
hospital pharm volunteer

hello
- will be getting my Bachelor in bio this April
-cumulative gpa 3.0....science 2.8.... (how low!)
-pcat 86
- pharm clerk over 2.5 yrs
- various other EC including hospital work and volunteer positions (non-pharmacy related though)

i've never been to chicago before but i am SO excited! Heard so many great things about the windy city! :laugh:

3.5 gpa
degree bio/minor psych
pharm tech 1 yr
hospital pharm volunteer

GPA: 3.5
Bio degree, Chem minor
4 yrs research associate, 4 yrs application scientist, 1.5 yrs oncology clinical research, 8 months pharm tech (community)...
PCAT: 95

I'm flying in from Connecticut monday night as well... looking forward to meeting everyone and good luck...

3.5 gpa
degree bio/minor psych
pharm tech 1 yr
hospital pharm volunteer

It's funny that I see some of people in this thread in other threads as well.
I guess you guys are applying to everywhere.. just like me.. hehe~

My stats are
GPA 3.97
PCAT 87% (taking another one this week)
Currently volunteering at a hospital pharmacy
useless... B.A. in foreign language
some E.C.s

that's about it.

that's about it? that's pretty much it. wow. i am not even mentioning my stats after that

that's about it? that's pretty much it. wow. i am not even mentioning my stats after that

haha i noe eh, when I see my stats next to everybody else's my heart just drops.... i wonder if they'll take everything into consideration after the MCV and are we pretty much on level playing field now as long as everybody's got the MCV? b/c if they go back and look at the GPA an all that then i'm screwed!

It's the whole package... Remember you are there for a reason and they really like what they see (grades, PCAT, essays, experience, etc)... At this point they think you can handle the curriculum and now want to make sure you can communicate well enough and see how you interact w/in a group (that's how i see it anyway). Be confident b/c a majority of applicatns don't get to this point in the process... Stats got you to this point and now it's up to the individual to make it happen and get in.

You're so right!

To be honest, I hope they just look at stats..

I hate interviews because I get really nervous when I meet new people.

I'm so serious!! :(

Cumulative: 2.96 GPA
Pre-req: 2.76 =( (Currently retaking classes as well as others)
BS in Chemistry
PCAT - 82% composite

1.5 years Pharmacy Technician CVS Pharmacy
Plenty of leadership and Volunteer experience
Currently studying for PTCB exam

Reapplicant - 2nd time around...

You're so right!

To be honest, I hope they just look at stats..

I hate interviews because I get really nervous when I meet new people.

I'm so serious!! :(

Interviews are not fun and they know everyone is nervous. At VCU, they went out of their way to make everyone feel at ease. It worked to a certain degree, but you are still nervous... i'm sure it is somewhat factored in. In fact, if you are too polished it will actually raise eyebrows... that's my experience. Also, if you aren't nervous then something is wrong. It lets you know you are ready for it... of course if you are extremely nervous then it will have a negative effect

At the same time do practice for it... have someone ask you interview questions and respond- it definitely helps you to become comfortable answering those type of questions and your delivery will smooth out. Invariably, you will have a question or 2 that you stumble and stammer over. Also, you will always not feel so great after the interview and always think of better ways to have answered any number of questions... I've had several interviews and never really feel great walking away but you do better than you think...