Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check your interact! I've just been offered an interview :D

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

I just checked, no interview for me yet.

What are your stats, if you don't mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your interact! I've just been offered an interview :D

congrats man , can you please state your stats, when did you send your application ? thanks alot

Last edited:
BS and AS
3.3 non science gpa
4.0 science gpa
78 Pcat (august retake)
lots of EC, research
2+ years tech.

submitted pharmcas around aug 15th,
submitted supplemental 7 days ago

so i guess they offered interview based on your previous PCATs? i would have thought they would wait for the August scores.

Congrats!

I just checked, no interview for me yet.

What are your stats, if you don't mind?

Same here, no interview for me either and I sent mine really early.

What day is your interview? Did you have more than one choice?

Same here. Only Oct 1st.

Just making sure here, but they would be letting us know under "interview scheduling" and not via email right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an invitation email also. When do we have to schedule by??

Check online, New interview date is available for oct.15 wednesday.

If you don't mind, please post your stats.

Thanks!

-B.S. degree
-2.87 GPA. Though, last year undergrad and pre-req was all B and above
-PCAT 91 composite
-No Clubs because I decided on pharmacy last year of undergrad.
-More than 1 year UCLA outpatient pharmacy volunteer
-Close to 3 years Lab Assistant I. though I only work about 10 hours weekly.
-Taught English in China for 2 summers
-6 Months Pharmacy tech at CVS
-Really good LOR from pharmacist at CVS and PI from lab assistant job. Ok to good letter from a science professor.

I think that's it. Hope it helps.

Thanks Bella! Yup, I took it in June, and I retook it in August. Good luck!!

Just logged on to the application site and I have been offered an interview.

Look out Chicago, here I come.

October 15th.

PharmCAS GPA 3.15
PCAT Oct 07 55 - Jan 08 55 - June 08 51 - (They haven't seen my Aug 56)

:luck: to all who will be there tomorrow and on the 15th.

I got an invite for Oct 15 too!! Is this the latest date they have available?

It could be. I haven't seen any references to other dates, other than tomorrows interview.

It was the only choice I had.

It could be. I haven't seen any references to other dates, other than tomorrows interview.

It was the only choice I had.

Yea, I only have one choice too. I'm going to go ahead and call them tomorrow and ask them what the next date will be. More likely, I'll be taking the Oct 15 one. It seems like all the interviews will take place on Wednesdays.

If at all possible, I would recommend not changing since they are a rolling admissions school. It is to your benefit to go Oct 15.

If at all possible, I would recommend not changing since they are a rolling admissions school. It is to your benefit to go Oct 15.

Yea, I'll go to the Oct. 15 one. Do you know how long the interview process will last? I'm curious, so I can book my flight. :) Good luck to those who are interviewing tomorrow! I guess I'll see the rest of you on the 15th!

Wow, I was at my lowest point ever yesterday since I received my PCAT score and just BOMBED it (yet again :( ), but today I wake up to see not one but TWO interview invites!!!

Midwestern CCP October 15th!!! OMG, I am literally on cloud 9!!! I just checked since everyone was getting invites and I saw I got one too!!! God is good!!!

Good luck everyone!!! And to all those potential future applicants, it pays to apply EARLY!!!!

Yea, I'll go to the Oct. 15 one. Do you know how long the interview process will last? I'm curious, so I can book my flight. :) Good luck to those who are interviewing tomorrow! I guess I'll see the rest of you on the 15th!

The email I received says...

Thank you for scheduling to participate in our Mandatory Candidate Visit on Wednesday, October 15, 2008. Please plan to meet in Alumni Hall by 8:45 am that morning and check-in at the registration table located in the Hyde Atrium. The interview day will last until approximately 1:00 pm and will include lunch.

I just bought my airline ticket and I must say wow!!! This close, I was expecting a $400+ ticket. I got my ticket for $240.

Now I have to book my hotel.

Ok, I'm all set now. Flight, hotel, and rental car all secured.

I'm feeling so good about this, I may even upgrade to 1st class for the flight to Chicago. At check-in of course, if you never knew, you can ask to upgraded at check-in and if it is available, they will upgrade you for $50-100 depending on the airline.

The email I received says...

Thank you for scheduling to participate in our Mandatory Candidate Visit on Wednesday, October 15, 2008. Please plan to meet in Alumni Hall by 8:45 am that morning and check-in at the registration table located in the Hyde Atrium. The interview day will last until approximately 1:00 pm and will include lunch.

I just bought my airline ticket and I must say wow!!! This close, I was expecting a $400+ ticket. I got my ticket for $240.

Now I have to book my hotel.

Thanks for the info. Yea, I just scheduled the interview and received the confirmation email. I'm trying to book a plane ticket/hotel/car rental right now. So far, I've seen $299 RT from Orange County to O'Hare. The price isn't too shabby because I was also expecting ~$400 RT.

Hi i interviewed at CCP last year and currently a PS1 and i was wondering if i could help you guys with any questions you may have reguarding the interview process?

Hi i interviewed at CCP last year and currently a PS1 and i was wondering if i could help you guys with any questions you may have reguarding the interview process?

Hey PointBreak! I appreciate your kindness and hospitality!

I read your story and its truly an inspiration. Its getting late and I am off to bed now. (I have classes in 6.5 hours) I will get back with you.

Do you know how the interview is scored in terms of admission criteria? For some schools, PCAT scores, GPA, and applications only factor into the interview invites and the interview is what admission offers are based upon. How does Midwestern CCP base their decision on offers of admission?

Will you be there on the 15th?

Congrats to those who got invited for interview. I just got mine today and scheduled the interview on Oct 23, the only available date. Anyone else scheduled on the same day?

Pointbreak... can you give some advice on the essay part? how can one prepare for it? Thanks

For the essay part, I think they are going to give you a scenario and basically you're just gonna have to explain what you would do in that situation. I think you only have about 40 minutes to write it. So they are going to organize you guys into groups of 6 and basically half the groups will be in the interview portion while the other half will be writing the essay. Then the groups will switch up and stuff.

In terms of how they look at admissions criteria, im not really sure. But i'm pretty positive the interview is huge because since it's a group interview, you have the opportunity to stand out and show who you really are. In my opinion, i thought i did extremely well on the interview and was probably top 2 in my group of 6 in terms of the interview. But just remember that at the time i had like a 2.7 something and a 79 PCAT so i think that's why i was put on the waiting list. If anything, i think the interview saved me from being rejected due to my GPA so i would say it's a really huge factor while i know others with higher GPA's got rejected right away after the interview. I definitely prefer group interviews though because it gives you the chance to present yourself well and outshine everyone in your group. Of course, you don't want to hog and try to answer all the questions first all the time but when it comes down to it....it's a competition right? So just be confident and most importantly be yourself.

Last edited:
For the essay part, I think they are going to give you a scenario and basically you're just gonna have to explain what you would do in that situation. I think you only have about 40 minutes to write it. So they are going to organize you guys into groups of 6 and basically half the groups will be in the interview portion while the other half will be writing the essay. Then the groups will switch up and stuff.

In terms of how they look at admissions criteria, im not really sure. But i'm pretty positive the interview is huge because since it's a group interview, you have the opportunity to stand out and show who you really are. In my opinion, i thought i did extremely well on the interview and was probably top 2 in my group of 6 in terms of the interview. But just remember that at the time i had like a 2.7 something and a 79 PCAT so i think that's why i was put on the waiting list. If anything, i think the interview saved me from being rejected due to my GPA so i would say it's a really huge factor while i know others with higher GPA's got rejected right away after the interview. I definitely prefer group interviews though because it gives you the chance to present yourself well and outshine everyone in your group. Of course, you don't want to hog and try to answer all the questions first all the time but when it comes down to it....it's a competition right? So just be confident and most importantly be yourself.

so they already waitlisted you?

I heard that this application cycle they are going to be requiring "formal interviews" which is different from what they have been doing in the past. Does anyone know if this is true and if so does anyone know how much it will differ from how they structured their past interviews? Thanks so much!

No, the interview isn't any different from what someone described to me from a year ago. It's just a regular group interview with 6 students and 2 interviewers. I think it depends on who your interviewers are. Mine just asked specific questions to specific people, so you don't have to worry about speaking up first, or taking other people's answers, etc.

No, the interview isn't any different from what someone described to me from a year ago. It's just a regular group interview with 6 students and 2 interviewers. I think it depends on who your interviewers are. Mine just asked specific questions to specific people, so you don't have to worry about speaking up first, or taking other people's answers, etc.

Yea, that's what I was kind of worried about--the fact that we might give the same repetitive answers. So the questions weren't too bad right?...as in similar to the interview feedback?

nothing but cobwebs in MY mailbox. Maybe soon I'll start seeing tumbleweeds too. Playin hard to get are they?!!!

Is there still an essay?

Is there still an essay?

Certainly sounds like it...

nothing but cobwebs in MY mailbox. Maybe soon I'll start seeing tumbleweeds too. Playin hard to get are they?!!!

They played hard to get with me... I didn't receive an email. Check your online account in the interview scheduling section. That's how I found out about my interview.

are any of you applying to University of Illinois at Chicago's school of Pharmacy? why or why not?

are any of you applying to University of Illinois at Chicago's school of Pharmacy? why or why not?

No - I would be an out of state student and their schools is a public school. There is no need for me to compete for a couple of spots. I'd rather apply to a private school and not have my state residency play a role in any decisions a pharmacy school adcom would have to make.

The questions weren't bad. Like introduce yourself, why do you want to become a pharmacist, what steps have you taken, who inspires you, etc. I was afraid they were going to give me a scenario and ask me how I would handle the situation (you know, the ethical stuff), but they didn't. And I was glad.

And yes, there was a writing portion but it was fairly easy. Nothing to worry about, and there was more than enough time to complete it.

With that said, I sound all confident & stuff, but I'm really anxious. I really want to get accepted because this school is one of my top choices.

has anybody been offered an interview recently? They finally got my PCAT scores and this waiting is killing me!

so i was printing out my application just to have a copy and in the essay question sections, after printing it out...it doesnt have anything listed except some computer language stuff. Is this normally suppose to happen? i typed it in..and also copied and pasted and it still did the same thing. did anyone else have this problem?