Midwestern - Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has gone to a Mandatory Campus Visit at Midwestern, do you know how they make the decision as to whether you are accepted, declined, or put on a wait list? The letter and others who have attened this MCV say that there is no one-on-one interview, they are not really reviewing your credentials again. Does it really all come down to the writing sample? Do they tell you during the Dean's welcome what else they are looking for at that point in the process?

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

freshbeatschris said:
Anyone who has gone to a Mandatory Campus Visit at Midwestern, do you know how they make the decision as to whether you are accepted, declined, or put on a wait list? The letter and others who have attened this MCV say that there is no one-on-one interview, they are not really reviewing your credentials again. Does it really all come down to the writing sample? Do they tell you during the Dean's welcome what else they are looking for at that point in the process?

Chris

I haven't gone to MCV yet, but I will on Feb 13th. People who had gone to the MCV told me to do my best on the writing part and ask a lot of questions. I suppose they want to see your communication skill and personality. I received a DVD from MWU about three students' day in Midwestern, and there's a booklet with tips for attending MCV, and how to make good [first] impression. Anyways, good luck! :)

cherryturnover said:
I haven't gone to MCV yet, but I will on Feb 13th. People who had gone to the MCV told me to do my best on the writing part and ask a lot of questions. I suppose they want to see your communication skill and personality. I received a DVD from MWU about three students' day in Midwestern, and there's a booklet with tips for attending MCV, and how to make good [first] impression. Anyways, good luck! :)

good luck at your MCV, cherryturnover!!!! it's a nice campus, small but nice... :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
futurepharm.d.? said:
good luck at your MCV, cherryturnover!!!! it's a nice campus, small but nice... :luck:

thank you, thank you~! :)

cherryturnover said:

Do you mind my asking when did you send in your application and when did they have all your files? My applicaiton status on their website has just been completed and I am waiting to hear from them. I am so anxious since it is so late now.

Thank you so much for any of your input

linyliny88 said:
Do you mind my asking when did you send in your application and when did they have all your files? My applicaiton status on their website has just been completed and I am waiting to hear from them. I am so anxious since it is so late now.

Thank you so much for any of your input

I sent my supplemental application on Dec 5th and they received it (the status shows on the website) on Dec 12th. My application was completed on Dec 13th (based on the web). I think MWU works/update pretty fast... unlike NSU.. hahahhaa

good luck to you! and hope you hear from them soon~ :luck: