Midwestern -Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comet81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who received acceptance notice from Midwestern Chicago, did they call you or send you a mail? I had interview on Dec.11th. I am jsut wondering how I have to wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Those who received acceptance notice from Midwestern Chicago, did they call you or send you a mail? I had interview on Dec.11th. I am jsut wondering how I have to wait.

people have mentioned that they send by mail or if you check on your interactive account on the midwestern website where you can check your status.. after about 2 weeks, check your interactive account and if you see the status change to accepted then well you get it.. the website updates nightly, so the interactive is probably the first to let you know well before the snail mail.

Does Midwestern Chicago recieve/update your october pcat score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out via mail first, you will probably get a big white envelope that says 'Tommorrows Health Care Team...Learning Together Today' a few days after that my interactive account changed...However no phone call, I think maybe Wendy or other admins called people they may have known otherwise?? I don't think they usually call those whom are admitted. Hope this helps, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Generally they notify you about 2 weeks or so after your visit. This may take a little longer because of the holiday. It always depends when the committee meets for this cycle.

Does any body happen to know why they receive application components at different times?? My status says they received my 1st Lor, but have not received my second Lor, but all 3 of my Lors where mailed out at the same time by pharmcas..! How weird is that?:confused:

Yay I just got a call that said I got in. How cool is that, I was just there on Monday! Now I will have to decide between them and Nova. Since I live in Florida I will probably go with Nova.

I didn't receive a phone call like several people mentioned regarding their acceptance. I found out through mail. My interact now account changed a day or two after I received the packet in the mail. :)

I just received an acceptance call from Admission office. I am so impressed by their fast response and I am so excited. Actually, my stat was not that competitive compare to other people so I thought I would not get accepted.

ME TOO!! i got in! they're so fast! congrats everyone!

Congrats future MWU'ers. You'll love it here! This school has given me so much.

Congrats future MWU'ers. You'll love it here! This school has given me so much.

Hello, KARM12
Are you out of State Resident? If you are out of state, do you have to own your own vehicle for the first two years at Midwestern? I mean for educational purposes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey - Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in.....!

Does anyone know how many more MCV's they will have? (I just mailed my supplemental app)

The MCV usually run up to May/June. I went to the December 11 MVC last year and I only found out on December 22 that I got in and they sent me an e-mail. I still remember when I checked my email and saw the subject line saying "Congratulations.......", I thought I was going to have a heart attack. My stats weren't that good either, at least on the PCAT side.

Good Luck everybody, it's an awesome school to be in. You won't be dissapointed that you went here.

Hello, KARM12
Are you out of State Resident? If you are out of state, do you have to own your own vehicle for the first two years at Midwestern? I mean for educational purposes?

I am in-state. You will need to provide transportation to your rotation sites, which includes IPE 1 & 2 your first year. You will need a car if you ever want to get off campus. Nothing is close enough to walk to and public transportation is not an option because we are in the suburbs. Most students have their own cars.

Congrats everyone! I really have enjoyed CCP very much and I'm sure you will too!

I have submitted everything to CCP and CPG, they have received everything except for 1 letter of of recommendation (both schools). I am wondering how come pharmcas mails out 3 letters and both schools can only account for one? I called them and they said they will find out what is going on and I should check later during business hours. But I still find it rather unsettling and unusual. Anybody had any experience with this??

Hi, Can I ask you a question. When did you guys apply? because I submitted my pharmcas Nov 1. and I recieved emails that said I have to send my supplumental application, I sent application for MIdWest 3 weeks ago but I didn't recieve any mail or email...what does it mean? I am really nervous :scared:

Hi, Can I ask you a question. When did you guys apply? because I submitted my pharmcas Nov 1. and I recieved emails that said I have to send my supplumental application, I sent application for MIdWest 3 weeks ago but I didn't recieve any mail or email...what does it mean? I am really nervous :scared:

Hello, Sarapary
I sent my pharmcas application on Oct. 2nd and I sent my supplemental application on Nov. 1st. Then, on Nov 24th, I received an email saying that I was invited for Dec. 11th Candidate Visit. It seems like you have to wait few more weeks.

Hello, Sarapary
I sent my pharmcas application on Oct. 2nd and I sent my supplemental application on Nov. 1st. Then, on Nov 24th, I received an email saying that I was invited for Dec. 11th Candidate Visit. It seems like you have to wait few more weeks.

Thank you for your answer comet81. would you please tell me about the interviwe and the questions they ask and how should I answer their questions... {I am an international student (having green card) so as you see I can't speak english very fluently and it makes me really worry }:confused:

Thank you for your answer comet81. would you please tell me about the interviwe and the questions they ask and how should I answer their questions... {I am an international student (having green card) so as you see I can't speak english very fluently and it makes me really worry }:confused:

The interview was not like three or more faculty asking you certain question to you in seperate room. They will split into three groups and each group will meet one faculty. The faculty might ask you about yourself. All you have to say is your name, where you come from, something about yourself. Then, he will ask you if you have any question about pharmacy shcool or program or any other things. When I introduced myself, I said my name, where I came from (City and State), the fact it 's been 8 years since I came to the united States and my interest profession area in pharmacy. Also, I asked many questions to the professor such as research availability in school, residency, school, etc. If there is any more question, feel free to ask me. But, do not worry too much about it. It will be very relaxed.

I have submitted everything to CCP and CPG, they have received everything except for 1 letter of of recommendation (both schools). I am wondering how come pharmcas mails out 3 letters and both schools can only account for one? I called them and they said they will find out what is going on and I should check later during business hours. But I still find it rather unsettling and unusual. Anybody had any experience with this??

My "interact now" account for midwestern chicago says they received both of my recommendation letters on the same day. I assumed PharmCAS sent them together as part of my whole application.
If you haven't already I would call PharmCAS too and see what they say.
Also, don't the schools have access to the online PharmCAS applications? I wonder if they can see our recommendation letters online(?)

On a different note I get an email every morning saying my interact now acct. has been updated, but when I log in, nothing has changed. This has been happening for about a week now.

I mailed my supplemental application over a week ago and I'm still waiting for that to say "received" on their website. All of this waiting through the whole process is driving me crazy! :(

i get the same email! they supposedly update their files every night, which is probably why we get those emails everyday (even if it's not YOUR file being updated). It's annoying!

For those who were invited for Dec. 11th invitation and were accepted, do you get admission packet yet? I still haven't gotten anything but only phone call. I am just wondering.

Just a heads up for you guys waiting for your application status to change...they received my pharmcas application on nov.24 and I submitted by supplemental dec. 4. So I was checking my account for my status to change like everyday and it never did so wrote them an email to make sure they got my supplemental and they sent me back a generic response that I would find out on my interact now account. Then this monday, they sent me an invitation to MVC via email and my status page still does not say anything. So i guess my interact page was never activated...so maybe you guys will get an response soon!!

I dropped my biochemistry classes so now I have 'W' on my transcript. Do you guys think this will affect my matriculation process in Midwestern? The midwestern website did not way anything about W but I still have to maintain minimum GPA.

it won't do anything to your GPA honor points, since it just means "withdrawal," and it's not part of the pre-requisites, right? don't worry. if you're really worried, call the office of admissions.

congratulations on getting into MWU! :)

Congrads everyone!!!

I am a freshmen at UIC (2006), and I have a question when I apply to Midwestern. If I am planning to finish my pre-requisites in two years when should I start applying to Midwestern. Should start in the fall of 2007, while I start my second year.

Also is there anyone who just recently got accepted into midwestern. (2006)

If you could, can you please tell me what you recieved on ur PCAT and what was ur GPA. Also what extra curricular activites did u do?

The reason I am asking these questions is becasue I am worried I won't get into MIDwestern.

I dropped my biochemistry classes so now I have 'W' on my transcript. Do you guys think this will affect my matriculation process in Midwestern? The midwestern website did not way anything about W but I still have to maintain minimum GPA.

If you had indicated biochemistry as a course "in progress" or "planned" before dropping it, you might have a potential problem on your hands. It's not always about GPA. It is very possible that your acceptance was based on the fact that you are or will be taking biochem, thus might have been a criteria that set u apart from other people for acceptance. I would recommend calling the admission coordinator(s). I know of somebody who had that issue. Again...if you had indicated any intentions of taking the course, you really risk your acceptance being revoked! Call them!!

Good thing Biochem is not a Pre req for MW. Holla

Anyone know when the committee will meet next? I was at the CCP MCV 1/8...the dean told us they will meet within two weeks, but Lamont (from admissions) says it won't be until February until we hear back from them, since they want to combine the applications from multiple MCVs before making a decision...so who is right?

I just checked my interact acct, it says my PCAT Test Scores is "expected"...But PharmCAS has received the score from PCAT on Nov.28 and sent out the score to schools on Dec 2. And that means i have an incomplete application...I don't understand why.

I just checked my interact acct, it says my PCAT Test Scores is "expected"...But PharmCAS has received the score from PCAT on Nov.28 and sent out the score to schools on Dec 2. And that means i have an incomplete application...I don't understand why.

You should call/email the PharmCAS and tell them to resend your PCAT score to the Midwestern.

i would email the counselor on your interact now account (they respond within 24 hours!) or call the school...because I know that midwestern doesn't update for every applicant.

Thanks for the reply.
I just called MW and left a message to the voicemail. I think i will call again.
And I will call PharmCAS tomorrow as well. I am worry coz it's been over a month since they received my supplemental app.

Just called them. The said they have received everything and my app is under review.

My application has been complete since 9/20/2006, and I have email them several times asking pretty much what is taking so long. Everytime they give me the same lame answer, "You application is still under review." BLAH Anyone else having to wait 4 freaking months from Midwestern Chicago? I only live 50 minutes away from there, Im ready to drive up there and knock on the adcoms office door.:thumbdown:

Anyone know when the committee will meet next? I was at the CCP MCV 1/8...the dean told us they will meet within two weeks, but Lamont (from admissions) says it won't be until February until we hear back from them, since they want to combine the applications from multiple MCVs before making a decision...so who is right?

I was wondering the samething

I was wondering the samething

I would go with Lamont over the Dean. The Dean really has very little to do with the admissions process. The committee will probably meeting around 2 weeks after your visit...and then by the time you contact you it would be about Feb. Midwestern, however, is known for letting people know very quickly. So just stick it out. January is generally the month where they do the most MCVs...so they have a lot of applications to sift through.

thanks for your reply! I emailed a counselor, and she told me that they are meeting end of January, and we will be notified beginning of February. I'm just really anxious right now since CCP is one of my top choices, and I have three other interviews lined up that I don't particularly want to go to if I get accepted into CCP...

Hi,

When did everyone apply? I sent pharmCAS in October and then supp. in December. Also, does anyone know when the next interview is? Thanx

i dont get it.

it seems as though the MCV is an interview, but my email said that the MCV is NOT an interview and will have no bearing on my application. If that's the case, then Midwestern is just mean for teasing the applicants who they show their school off to, but end up denying.

what gives?

and the next MCV that i know of is Feb. 13th.

i dont get it.

it seems as though the MCV is an interview, but my email said that the MCV is NOT an interview and will have no bearing on my application. If that's the case, then Midwestern is just mean for teasing the applicants who they show their school off to, but end up denying.

what gives?

They take a writing sample at the MCV. It is not a formal interview. Yes it is a way for you to see the campus and learn about the program. If you don't attend a MCV, they won't move your application forward in the process. It is also a way for them to narrow down serious candidates...they offer a MCV to about 600 of the 2000 applicants...not everyone is invited. All those they are there are being seriously considered for admission.

i dont get it.

what gives?

They will divide all the invited students into three or four groups and each group will interact with one of the admission committee. Each group have only 10 or less than 10 stuents and each admission committee can see the candidates who are very interested in the program.

for all of you currently accepted/attending CCP, is there some kind of yahoo group or anything to keep in touch with each other? i know there's some kind of forum on the interact now acct, but it doesn't seem like people are really using it much. I'm definitely attending Chicago this fall, and would like to talk to y'all about housing, immunizations, the school, etc etc..it'll be a big move for me since I will be coming from CA!

for all of you currently accepted/attending CCP, is there some kind of yahoo group or anything to keep in touch with each other? i know there's some kind of forum on the interact now acct, but it doesn't seem like people are really using it much. I'm definitely attending Chicago this fall, and would like to talk to y'all about housing, immunizations, the school, etc etc..it'll be a big move for me since I will be coming from CA!

Congrat on your acceptance on CCP. I have been sharing all information by using PM in this website. The one in Interact Now account is not active. You can PM me so we can share all the info. By the way, were you invited to Applachia on 12/2/06? Then, I probablt saw you at the interview on Appalachia. Anyway, pm me if you want.

Hey just recently a group was made on facebook for those accepted into the class of 2011, and right now there is only two of us...;)
It would definately be a great place to converse and meet eachother before the fall, to join just search " CCP Class of 2011" in the group tab!!!