Midwestern CPG - Quick Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

gambit

banned for trolling

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Organic labs are a prereq.
Interview questions are geared strictly to show your reasons for choosing, and commitment to pharmacy. Why pharmacy? Why Midwestern?
They also ask about your ability to work on a team or with a group, as you are assigned a group at the beginning of the program and remain with them the entire 3 years.
I was accepted in November.
Stats
Age- 33
GPA- 3.94
Science - 3.88
PCAT - 87
The interview, I'm told, is a HUGE deciding factor. Wear a suit, or you'll be the only one who isn't. Originality is great, but dress professionally.
Hope this helps!

I just found out I was accepted to CPG (interviewed Jan 8) and am definitely going to be attending in August.

Overall GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.89
PCAT: 99 composite
Pharmacy Experience: Volunteer at hospital pharmacy

All the males wore suits at the interview. I (a female) wore a knee length black and white skirt and a black twin set. Things are a little more casual in AZ than in the East.

Good luck on your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just so you know the temperatures here in Arizona have not been that warm. I know it sounds silly to complain but when the high is only like 55 here it is freezing. Besides the campus is relatively small so the time spent outside walking between buildings will be minimal.

oh when talking about clothing, I have been told there were applicants that wore suits and either sandals or tennis shoes to the interview. I would totally suggest against that from what I have bene told.

What was the toughest part of the interview?

Having to be interviewed by 3 different people

If you were accepted, what are your stats (Age, GPA, PCAT, Experience, etc)?

GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 95
Experience: 1 year pharm volunteer, leadership, lots of ECs

Is there any written assessment

Yes

Should I wear a suit

Yes

What other advice would you give to an interviewing candidate?

Be yourself. Relax, and READ the interview feedback section (most of the questions I was asked came from there!)!!!

:luck:
]

ok I was wrong about the temperature. it is supposedly going to be in the high 70s low 80s this week. If you end up living in Arizona you will complain too when it gets down to 50.