Midwestern CPG vs USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TPHSSenior

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that USC is a higher ranked school but in terms of job placement and future career is it worth the very significant tuition and fees difference (50K total) and much higher cost of living not to mention the extra year of attendance? I plan to work in California after I graduate most likely in a retail setting.

Members don't see this ad.

I realize that USC is a higher ranked school but in terms of job placement and future career is it worth the very significant tuition and fees difference (50K total) and much higher cost of living not to mention the extra year of attendance? I plan to work in California after I graduate most likely in a retail setting.

If you are planning to stay in Cali, 100% go to USC. You will make the connections you need to secure a job there. As for Midwestern, it isn't a bad school but USC has superior faculty and education. I know I will get flamed for this but I don't care. In the grand scheme of things, the 50K difference won't mean squat compared to securing a job in Cali. Furthermore, intern positions here in AZ are drying up quickly as many places in the area on hiring freezes. It may or may not be the case in Cali but, either way, you need to consider opportunity cost. Also, it is harder to work as a intern when you are doing year round school.

If you are planning to stay in Cali, 100% go to USC. You will make the connections you need to secure a job there. As for Midwestern, it isn't a bad school but USC has superior faculty and education. I know I will get flamed for this but I don't care. In the grand scheme of things, the 50K difference won't mean squat compared to securing a job in Cali. Furthermore, intern positions here in AZ are drying up quickly as many places in the area on hiring freezes. It may or may not be the case in Cali but, either way, you need to consider opportunity cost. Also, it is harder to work as a intern when you are doing year round school.

Yup! :thumbup:

I don't have to decide yet (or maybe at all, since i'm hold w/ USC), but I was wondering what you guys thought for someone not necessarily going to live in Cali afterwards (or if I did it would be the SF area, not the south where most USC alumni live) and interested in hospital pharmacy, most likely aiming for a residency?