Midwestern-CPG WAITLIST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone that was waitlisted from Glendale has heard anything? Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted?

About how many people from the current class were waitlisted? How late did they find out and how were they informed? Is there anyway to find out what our status is? How do they reevaluate us?

Members don't see this ad.

I only know a little. One of my good friends is waitlisted there. One of the last 2 years they took 100 people off the waitlist and the other 100. I don't think they have accepted anyone off the waitlist this year, could be wrong. There are no rankings and my friend was told that they just pick "whoever they like" off of it. Really calms your nerves doesn't it? Brings me back to the theory that the entire acceptance process is really an evaluation of your ability to handle stress.

FutureRX said:
Hi

I was wondering if anyone that was waitlisted from Glendale has heard anything? Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted?

About how many people from the current class were waitlisted? How late did they find out and how were they informed? Is there anyway to find out what our status is? How do they reevaluate us?

I'm on the alternative list for Midwestern in Glendale and I have not hear from the school at all. My friend went to the interview around April and he told me that there were still 30 something seats left and there were so far 80 students on the alternative list. As for now? I do not know.

The waiting has been great.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that there are 100 people on the waitlist as of now.

BTW--has anyone been REJECTED from CPG? I have not heard of anyone actually being rejected yet...

kynsik said:
I only know a little. One of my good friends is waitlisted there. One of the last 2 years they took 100 people off the waitlist and the other 100. I don't think they have accepted anyone off the waitlist this year, could be wrong. There are no rankings and my friend was told that they just pick "whoever they like" off of it. Really calms your nerves doesn't it? Brings me back to the theory that the entire acceptance process is really an evaluation of your ability to handle stress.

I agree..this wait process really causes soo much anxiety! So they pick who they like? I wonder what they like..........

FutureRX said:
I heard that there are 100 people on the waitlist as of now.

BTW--has anyone been REJECTED from CPG? I have not heard of anyone actually being rejected yet...

My friend went to the interview and then was rejected in a couple of weeks. :( so I guess they do reject students. I don't think they rejected anyone from the alternative list yet.

cherryturnover said:
My friend went to the interview and then was rejected in a couple of weeks. :( so I guess they do reject students. I don't think they rejected anyone from the alternative list yet.

Oh I did not realize this. Well then maybe us people on the waitlist have hope. I thought that CPG did not reject anyone...so I just thought that the waitlist must have had a ton of people.

FutureRX said:
Oh I did not realize this. Well then maybe us people on the waitlist have hope. I thought that CPG did not reject anyone...so I just thought that the waitlist must have had a ton of people.

good luck to us!! :luck:

FutureRX said:

I would wager that there were a couple people in my interview pool that didn't make the waitlist.

I second that. One individual in my group said "I want to be a pharmacist because the money is good and I hear there are good hours," as a response to a question by the dean! WOOF!

shaun009 said:
I second that. One individual in my group said "I want to be a pharmacist because the money is good and I hear there are good hours," as a response to a question by the dean! WOOF!
After our interviews, we were sitting there talking about questions. One guy said they asked him, "Name a problem that pharmacists face today and how would you solve it?" He said he told them "drug abuse." :eek: He said they just stared at him. They finally asked what he would do about it. He said that he didn't have an answer. Good luck bozo...

Gentlemen: You should wear a nice suit to your interview, nothing less, jackets are not optional. You can rent one if you don't have one. And tie at least a half Windsor, if not a full one. Four-in-hand knots are not good.

Ladies: Your Saturday night clubbin' apparel is not appropriate for a pharmacy school interview.

JerryPharmD said:
And tie at least a half Windsor, if not a full one. Four-in-hand knots are not good.

LMAO. :laugh: ...and make sure you've got a carnation boutonniere, and tasteful cuff-links as well.

This is CPG, not The Apprentice. ...I guarantee you that the faculty doing interviews couldn't care less about the manner in which you knot your tie, as long as you make an effort and look presentable.

pharmaz88 said:
LMAO. :laugh: ...and make sure you've got a carnation boutonniere, and tasteful cuff-links as well.

This is CPG, not The Apprentice. ...I guarantee you that the faculty doing interviews couldn't care less about the manner in which you knot your tie, as long as you make an effort and look presentable.
meh

BTW Ladmo rocks :)

pharmaz88 said:
:thumbup: First person to recognize the avatar.

...wish I had a prize to award you. lol

dork

pharmaz88 said:
...coming from the guy with a smurf avatar.
You know your jealous... don't you have a fluid and electrolyte comprehensive final to study for or something?...

museabuse said:
You know your jealous... don't you have a fluid and electrolyte comprehensive final to study for or something?...

blah. ...pretty much need a perfect score to get an A in the class, or I can keep a B with a 66%... not a hard choice.