• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

About the Ads

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I called the school on Monday and the lady their told me they hadn't met yet. I might call tomorrow just to see if they finally did meet.

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
What do you mean by the written assesment? Do you mean the exit questions that can be used as a writing sample?

rxrxrx

10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
What do you mean by the written assesment? Do you mean the exit questions that can be used as a writing sample?

The written assessment is basically an exit survey, pretty basic stuff...for the people that have visited CPG, what was your impression of the University and the surrounding area? How many people plan on going there if they have been or are already accepted?

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Yeah Gambit if thats what you were talking about, I really wouldn't worry about it. I have 3 friends that go there now and they said not to stress over it. On the paper it says that it may be used as a writing sample. Don't Stress. I think they mainly focus on the interview.

anfhockey10

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2006
Philly, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
The written assessment is basically an exit survey, pretty basic stuff...for the people that have visited CPG, what was your impression of the University and the surrounding area? How many people plan on going there if they have been or are already accepted?

The campus looks really nice...its actually a real campus as compared to other schools that only has one building...There's so much to do around there...tons of restaurants, sports teams, etc. I got accepted and definitely going there... :D Its gonna be a big move from philly to glendale but I definitely dont mind the change in scenery...The one thing I'm still worried about is how I'm gonna get my car down there...yikes!!!

fmbzp5

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
The campus looks really nice...its actually a real campus as compared to other schools that only has one building...There's so much to do around there...tons of restaurants, sports teams, etc. I got accepted and definitely going there... :D Its gonna be a big move from philly to glendale but I definitely dont mind the change in scenery...The one thing I'm still worried about is how I'm gonna get my car down there...yikes!!!

I originally moved from NY to Arizona by car. 3 days it took me. you will enjoy it, the area does have a lot to offer including sports (hockey gives discount tickets to students the day of the game) for example. Good luck to you :) oh and you won't complain in the winter when it is like here today 80 degrees while the north east gets pounded with snow

sleazye

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I originally moved from NY to Arizona by car. 3 days it took me. you will enjoy it, the area does have a lot to offer including sports (hockey gives discount tickets to students the day of the game) for example. Good luck to you :) oh and you won't complain in the winter when it is like here today 80 degrees while the north east gets pounded with snow

Me too. I drove out there from Michigan and I miss it. It's like a different planet from the north. I hope to be out there too if everything goes to plan!

About the Ads

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
you will love it here, but be prepared to work hard if you want to get good grades. Congrats to all of you. if you have any q, drop me a private line

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hey everyone I called the school today and found out I was put on the alternate list. I was a little bummed because I also got put on the waitlist for CCP. I hope I will hear back from some other schools, or I may end up re-applying next year. We'll have to see.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi I was just wondering for those who interviewed earlier, how does Midwestern inform you of your status and how long does it usually take after the interview? I have a deposit due soon and I am hoping to hear from them before March 15th, I had my interview on Feb 23rd

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Since I got put on their waitlist I heard back in the mail. I actually called CPG and they told me about 1-2 weeks after my interview. It was a little longer for ccp, maybe 3-4 weeks. Hope this helps!

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Since I got put on their waitlist I heard back in the mail. I actually called CPG and they told me about 1-2 weeks after my interview. It was a little longer for ccp, maybe 3-4 weeks. Hope this helps!

That helped a lot! Do you know if people who got accepted got actual phonecalls? Two week after? Thats pretty fast, hopefully I find out soon!

JJRAZ

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I interviewed on the 29th and got my letter around valetines day, right after my feb 12th interview @ Midwestern CCP, my interact now account says I was accepted on feb 7th i beleive.

GoTeamVenture

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I interviewed on 2-23-07. Just found out today that I got effing watilisted.:mad:

GoTeamVenture

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I just called and asked this morning. They told me I got put on the alternate list and that I should be getting a letter any day, so it sounds like the letters already got sent out. I asked what my odds were at this point and she said she had no idea, but that they "occaisonally" use students from the alternate list. I would check your 'interact now' account. I hear that gets updated pretty quickly if you're accepted.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I just called and asked this morning. They told me I got put on the alternate list and that I should be getting a letter any day, so it sounds like the letters already got sent out. I asked what my odds were at this point and she said she had no idea, but that they "occaisonally" use students from the alternate list. I would check your 'interact now' account. I hear that gets updated pretty quickly if you're accepted.

Thanks for the info.. I will call them monday afternoon if I don't get anything in the mail, I have another deposit i need to mail so its nice that I just know at least whether or not I was accepted.

But yeah my interact now is not updated.. so I'm guessing thats a bad sign? Hrmph, I really liked the school too! Bah.

Anyone get good news??

About the Ads

Somatic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I called the admissions office today and found out that I was accepted! I interviewed there on 2/22/07.

Last edited:

Dr.Hafeza

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
The University of Utah has an excellent program and to tell you the truth, the Univeristy of Utah is my first choice!

Congrats on Midwestern!!! I'm happy for you. I'm sure you'll get into University of Utah as well. Good luck :luck:

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
OMG I just got accepted!! Totally caught off guard! I think my interview really went well.. thats the only explanation I could think of!

Overall GPA: 3.45
Science GPA: 3.25

BS from my university in BioSci this spring

PCAT: 83% (low math/chem scores, good biology score, high reading comp)

I'M SO EXCITED!!! :) :) :) :)

And I found out through my status online, its updated, its so strange I didn't expect anythign to change, I just felt I should maybe check just in case before I called them, then I noticed the whole menu option had a lighter and different color and I was like "wow.. is my computer slow or what??" loading all the graphics, then I thought oh wait, what if this lighter color means my status changed? "No.. can't be.." so then I checked my status and then saw an accepted students checklist!

AH! I'm happy!

Goodluck to everyone else! Hopefully I'll see a lot of you this fall in the desert!

suntzu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Seattle, WA
Hey PB, I checked after reading your post and my windows had all changed to pastels too! :D
I interviewed on the 9th, but didn't feel super great about the interview. It had to be the tie.
This is tough. . .Minnesota winters or Arizona summers? ;)

JJRAZ

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
suntzu...Minnesota has a great program, if you are an in-state resident in Minnesota I would definately choose them over Midwestern, cheaper and a better school. I got accepted to Minnesota and Midwestern CPG, I put my deposit down at midwestern because it was cheaper than Minnesota for me because I am an out-of-state resident in Minnesota, and because of the three years program. Now I am going to have to lose my deposit at Midwestern, because I am heading to University of Arizona, cheaper and they have a great program, but I guess if you want to escape those winters I cannot blame you, it was very cold when I interviewed up there, and all the locals were saying that they were in the middle of a heat wave, Minnesotans are crazy...lol

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Anyone still not get the letter in the mail!?

It says online I was accepted March 1st, but I still haven't recieved anything in the mail, I'm kind of worried :scared:

Dr.Hafeza

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
I think I have a good shot at University of Iowa...my interview went really well and my PCAT is pretty good---but my GPA is low :(...but midwestern CPG is my first choice. Again, only because my niece is in AZ...can't live without her. :(
i really hope I get in....i'm just worried if the class is like completely full...my interview is this monday on March 12.
I should have applied early :(
Hopefully all will be well....i'm just in depression mode now. :oops:

DustinfromCA

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I can't find anything online about Midwestern's AP Score policy. Do they accept AP scores to fulfill the requirement? Does anyone know? I will call them tommorow but I just wanted to find out ASAP.

JJRAZ

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I took about a week for my letter to get to me after my interact now account was updated, so hopefully you will get it soon.

Dr.Hafeza

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
interview monday!
i really hope i'm not interviewing for the waiting list :(

hopefully though, all will work out.
:luck:

About the Ads

RX CARE

Eye Have You!!
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Mann,, Seriously.....my inerview, I believe, went very very well. But I was still waitlisted. I actually wonder how many ppl have actually gotten a REJECT from CPG after interview. I have never heard on this forum that somebody got rejected. It seems to me like everybody who gets interviewed and does not get accepted gets waitlisted. And if I am right, I am trying to comprehend the staggering number of ppl that would be on that waiting list, and the odds that one would be pulled of it. Well, I am trying to be optimistic, but damn.....it's a stretch.!

GoTeamVenture

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
...I was still waitlisted. I actually wonder how many ppl have actually gotten a REJECT from CPG after interview. I have never heard on this forum that somebody got rejected. It seems to me like everybody who gets interviewed and does not get accepted gets waitlisted. And if I am right, I am trying to comprehend the staggering number of ppl that would be on that waiting list, and the odds that one would be pulled of it. Well, I am trying to be optimistic, but damn.....it's a stretch.!

Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone getting rejected once they've had an interview. That would mean there would be something like ~370 people on the waitlist...seems like incredibly long odds.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi, does anyone know how long Midwestern gives you to accept the admissions offer?

I still haven't gotten my acceptance letter? :confused:

And hang in there guys, I don't know if this makes you feel any better but I'm like 77% sure I'm attending another school. I just have to think about it just a little more and get some e-mails from the schools to see if my pre-requisites I'm signed up for next quarter work for them.

suntzu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Seattle, WA
There's at least one more Midwestern CPG spot opening up [and one at Minnesota] :)

University of Washington just gave me some love :love:

JJRAZ

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Today 01:07 PMsuntzuThere's at least one more Midwestern CPG spot opening up [and one at Minnesota] :)

University of Washington just gave me some love :love:
Congrats...you from washington?

Hi, does anyone know how long Midwestern gives you to accept the admissions offer?

I still haven't gotten my acceptance letter? :confused:

And hang in there guys, I don't know if this makes you feel any better but I'm like 77% sure I'm attending another school. I just have to think about it just a little more and get some e-mails from the schools to see if my pre-requisites I'm signed up for next quarter work for them.
I think it took about 1 week after my interact now acout was updated, so it should be on its way.

x17lilac17x

Sun Devil
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Well, I had an interview this week and asked how the waitlist works. Pretty much, anyone they really really want gets accepted right away. Everyone they're kinda interested in gets waitlisted. Then, when they're done with ALL of their interviews, they accept whoever else they want and then rank their waitlist. Being interviewed earlier doesnt mean that you'll have a higher waitlist number. Just thought I'd share bc I noticed that they were waitlisting so many ppl.

Also, every single person walking out of the interview said their interview went well. But because they're so nice at the school, I think everyone has a good interview.

RX CARE

Eye Have You!!
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Well, I had an interview this week and asked how the waitlist works. Pretty much, anyone they really really want gets accepted right away. Everyone they're kinda interested in gets waitlisted. Then, when they're done with ALL of their interviews, they accept whoever else they want and then rank their waitlist. Being interviewed earlier doesnt mean that you'll have a higher waitlist number. Just thought I'd share bc I noticed that they were waitlisting so many ppl.

Also, every single person walking out of the interview said their interview went well. But because they're so nice at the school, I think everyone has a good interview.

Haha.....uuuummmm noooo.....they don't waitlist everyone they're KINDA interested in. They waitlist EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WAS INTERVIEWED BUT WAS NOT ACCEPTED. Unless you mean they're KINDA interested in ALL interviewees. That's why u often hear ppl on this forum talking about interviewing for a waitlist spot...lol.... because if CPG offers u an interview, u either get accepted or waitlisted. There is no rejection.

textbook

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2007
AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
were they rejected with or without an interview? i have heard of people being rejected without an interview, but i haven't heard of anyone being rejected after being interviewed... just waitlisted.

druggist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
he said he attended the interview, so maybe they didn't waitlist everyone,maybee ONLY 99% of us. If anyone else heard of someone being rejected post-interview, let me know
thanks

suppaman808

10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
One person I interviewed with at the university of washington said he was rejected after the interview.

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
When do you guys think they will start pulling from the waitlist? Anyone know how long the actual list is, are they telling?

nojobnyc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
When do you guys think they will start pulling from the waitlist? Anyone know how long the actual list is, are they telling?

The admissions counselor I spoke with back in February told me that they would start reviewing candidates from the alternate list sometime in May, after the last round of interviews.

BTW, I've read on SDN about applicants being informed of possible additional interview sessions due to an increase in applications this year. Does anyone know more about this?

brasilia01

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
So i just called Midwestern. They said that they are just waiting on deposits to to know how many more seats they need to fill. The lady told me there is only a little over 100 people on the waitlist. Anyone else hear anything?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.