Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apothecary2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen many threads for the previous year classes at Midwestern college of Pharmacy at Glendale, but nothing for year 2012 applicants. PharmCAS is now open for the applicants, and I'm in middle of completing my application. I think there will be the first batch of candidates invited for interview in october. Please update this thread as and when anyone gets interview invitation.
jason, Now I fixed the title. Thank you for pointing it out.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think the class should be class of 2015, since this is the year that you would graduate. It may be misleading for some people. Just a thought. Anyways, I haven't completed my applications yet and I was wondering if Midwestern had any supplemental essay questions and if so how many? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advanced!

I am applying here as well. I finished my pharmcas application but I'm still waiting for a transcript to be sent. And about the supplemental application, the website says...

After receiving PharmCAS applications from the application service, the Office of Admissions will send supplemental application forms to applicants who meet the minimum cumulative and science GPA requirement of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale. The deadline for submitting the College supplemental application to the Office of Admissions is February 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
The supplemental questions for this past interview cycle were:

Other than formal coursework, how have your experiences (e.g., extra-curricular activities, volunteer experiences, work, pharmacy technician certification programs, etc.) prepared you for pharmacy school? If you are reapplying to pharmacy school, what steps have you taken to strengthen your application?
In your own opinion, describe the concept of professionalism.

I am applying to this school too. I just finished my application. I got all my LOR and transcripts, but I am still trying to ask couple more people to proofread. Anyways, is the interview a group or individual? What kind of the topic for the essay part?

I believe they interview groups of 2-3 and there is no essay based on last years cycle.

if we e-submit our pharmcas app let's say today, we have to wait til august 1st for pharmcas to send the applications to the schools right?

if we e-submit our pharmcas app let's say today, we have to wait til august 1st for pharmcas to send the applications to the schools right?
Why do you say that? My impression was that pharmcas sends out applications to the schools once your application is completed (meaning transcripts are in, GPA calculated, LOR's received, PCAT scores in, etc.). I heard it takes a couple weeks for pharmcas to process everything once you esubmit. I'm not sure where your getting August 1 from but if I missed something please let me know..

Why do you say that? My impression was that pharmcas sends out applications to the schools once your application is completed (meaning transcripts are in, GPA calculated, LOR's received, PCAT scores in, etc.). I heard it takes a couple weeks for pharmcas to process everything once you esubmit. I'm not sure where your getting August 1 from but if I missed something please let me know..
well i called pharmcas yesterday and they said that they'll still send in ur app if ur missing a LOR, just that once its done, the LOR will be forwarded to all schools. Also, that since its not August yet, if you were to turn it in the processing would be pretty fast. But i guess once everything is processed, the schools will get the apps.

how far are you with ur application?

Pharmcas wont calculate your GPAs until you have e-submitted, which can take a couple weeks depending on when you decide to e-submit. Once that is done, even if your LOR's are not in, they will send the app to your schools. They send them in batches, the first batch being Aug 1, I'm pretty sure.

I'm applying here as well, do you guys know the stats of those accepted from previous years? like gpa + pcat?

I'm applying here as well, do you guys know the stats of those accepted from previous years? like gpa + pcat?

Female: 44%
Male: 56%
Average Age: 27
Average Overall GPA: 3.25
Class Size: 151
Top Home States: Arizona (36%), California, Utah, Texas

According to the website. :)

Female: 44%
Male: 56%
Average Age: 27
Average Overall GPA: 3.25
Class Size: 151
Top Home States: Arizona (36%), California, Utah, Texas

According to the website. :)

thanks! :)

anyone taking the sept pcat or all you guys done w/it already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ayuka, i was accepted last year, I was accepted to 5 schools including the school I will be attending the university of minnesota, but my gpa was 3.62 and my overall pcat was 82, hope that helps. I liked the school (campus, location, three years) it just didn't have the job outlook that other schools had and the prestige, but good luck

I'm applying here this year and just noticed my pharmcas application went from "not mailed" to "mailed" today. I guess the first batch just went out. I submitted my app on 6/22.

I submitted my app on 7/31 and it's not mailed lol. I wonder what pcat score is good for midwestern?

I did horribly when I took it the first time so now I have to take the sept one. Anyone taking it in sept too?

I'm taking it on Sept. 14th. Itook it in July for a no-score. SO glad I did-- it really gave me a good feel for what's on the PCAT.

^same here, i'll be taking the sept 14th one.
what other schools are you applying to?

Anybody know the stats of out of state students who get accepted to both Arizona pharmacy schools??? Thanks for info. :)

I wonder what pcat score is good for midwestern?

Check their website: "The average composite PCAT score of applicants admitted in 2010 was in the 77th percentile." (With the caveat that there is no minimum PCAT score to be considered for acceptance.)

ETA:

Also from their website: "The average overall and science GPAs of applicants admitted in 2009 were 3.35 and 3.31, respectively, on a 4.00 scale."

I'm applying here this year and just noticed my pharmcas application went from "not mailed" to "mailed" today. I guess the first batch just went out. I submitted my app on 6/22.

Nice! I thought I was super early but you beat me as well. I havent received a confirmation email yet from Glendale however I did receive an email from the CCP campus to do the supplemental which have the same questions that were stated above.

Nice! I thought I was super early but you beat me as well. I havent received a confirmation email yet from Glendale however I did receive an email from the CCP campus to do the supplemental which have the same questions that were stated above.

do you or anyone else know what the word limit is for each supplemental essay?

when it asks how does your experiences prepare you for pharmacy school, do they mean the classes in pharmacy school or more of like knowing how to work with others, having patience to deal with patients, kind of thing?

Also does experience have to necessarily be from volunteering/work or can I also write about the environment in which I grew up ?

Are they emailing people supplemental applications? I'm still in the pharmcas stage. I know they send supplemental application if meet there req. Do they get our email address from pharmcas or do we need to apply on the website of midwestern?

Hey, I tried posting this on the general forums but hoped you guys might be willing to help me out...

Midwestern says they only need 2 LoRs, but PharmCAS will take up to 4. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but... do they really only consider 2, or will they take more into consideration? Am I missing an opportunity to strengthen my application here?

They only consider two. If you submit 4, they will choose which two they will accept.

where is everyone at with applications and such?

I'm waiting for my supplemental still. I just noticed on pharmcas under pharmacy designations it said "revised." I didn't change anything and haven't taken the PCAT yet, so I'm not sure why they're mailing it out again. Hopefully they will send the supp soon, I'm aching to get as much done as early as possible!

What are your guys' stats?

Mine said revised as well, to today's date. And I havent gotten anything from Glendale yet.

im still waiting for my gpa calculations, but i should have around a 3.1. and ive started working on the supplemental since ppl said its the same as last year

did anyone get the suppl from Glendale? I only got one from CCP.

did anyone get the suppl from Glendale? I only got one from CCP.

same here. My pharmcas was mailed this morning I believe and I only got supp email from CCP not Glendale :/ hopefully it'll be coming soon b/c I'm waiting for other school's supp as well.

I'm still waiting for the supp from CPG as well... hopefully it'll come soon!

Has anyone submitted the CCP supp yet? After PCAT scores are received, I wonder how long it will take for them to send out interviews...

I got the CPG supplemental just a minute ago lol. So im sure everyone will be getting it soon as well :)

for the couple of people who said they did bad on the july pcat and are retaking in sept...you submitted your app? I did bad too and am retaking it in sept but I didn't want schools to look at my july score and not wait for my sept ones so I havnt submitted.....

for the couple of people who said they did bad on the july pcat and are retaking in sept...you submitted your app? I did bad too and am retaking it in sept but I didn't want schools to look at my july score and not wait for my sept ones so I havnt submitted.....

I am retaking it in Sept too and I am thinking of submit my suppl. application after I finish the essay. In the suppl. application, there is a question ask if you are planning to retake your PCAT. So you can put that in...

By the way, Chicago has more stuff to fill out than Glendale!

Last edited:
They will see all of your PCAT attempts unless you have specifically indicated "no score." However, they will only consider your latest score.

I know that they see all of them. But I dont want to submit now because I have not taken the Sept one yet so it will not be there for them to see. So I didn't know if I put that I plan on retaking if they would wait to see what I score on that one.

I know that they see all of them. But I dont want to submit now because I have not taken the Sept one yet so it will not be there for them to see. So I didn't know if I put that I plan on retaking if they would wait to see what I score on that one.

They said they will review both scores and take the best score.

Anyone feel like being an angel & posting what's on the supplemental this year? :D

I'm in with the July PCAT'ers so I have to wait for the scores anyway. (Right? They have to have PCAT & all LoRs before sending supplemental?)

The supplemental is pretty basic compared to the Chicago campus. Only real question is:

7. Other than formal coursework, how have your experiences (e.g., extra-curricular activities, volunteer experiences, work, pharmacy technician certification programs, etc.) prepared you for pharmacy school? If you are reapplying to pharmacy school, what steps have you taken to strengthen your application?

Beyond that just info about probations, crimes, or if you are planning on retaking PCAT and when. Other part is to attach an OPTIONAL CV/resume. Pretty simple stuff after everything! The Chicago campus has the same stuff but REQUIRED CV, course list and defining of professionalism

Thanks mitsubishi1m! Sounds like no heavy-duty essays to worry about, so spending my time working on interview skills now isn't a poor choice. C'mon PharmCAS, verify GPA faster!! :smuggrin:

I'm sure you guys all had your supplementals in in about an hour and a half... Anyone get an interview offer yet? Don't they start interviewing in September?