Midwestern (IL) & Midwestern (AZ)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharm.d.?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys..I'm new here...Happy holidays to all and good luck to all you guys!!!! :)

I'll have Mandatory Campus Visit for Midwestern (IL) on Jan 9 and interview for Midwestern (AZ) on Jan 11.....SO excited and nervous too~~~~ So anyone going there on those days??? if you guys already went for those schools, any advices???

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious for those of you who have gotten interviews... When did you... apply? Receive your supplemental? I'm starting to worry because I haven't heard from them at all and it's been quite a while since my PharmCAS app. was sent to them. Does anyone know if they evaluate applications without PCAT scores or do they wait for them? I took it for the 1st time in Oct. so maybe thats what is causing the hold up... anybody know for sure? :oops:

P.S. I'm referring to Midwestern-Chicago.

calrx said:
Just curious for those of you who have gotten interviews... When did you... apply? Receive your supplemental? I'm starting to worry because I haven't heard from them at all and it's been quite a while since my PharmCAS app. was sent to them. Does anyone know if they evaluate applications without PCAT scores or do they wait for them? I took it for the 1st time in Oct. so maybe thats what is causing the hold up... anybody know for sure? :oops:

P.S. I'm referring to Midwestern-Chicago.

Yeah I took it for the first time in Oct. too...They wait until they recieve everything (inc. PCAT scores) they should send you a letter regarding your status soon...I just got one saying my application is being held for further consideration (boo...)...But I am hoping for an interview soon! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
i had an interview at az on dec. 19. check the interview feedback it helped out a lot. it really depends on who interviews you. my interview was very straightforward and i was asked many of the typical questions. others were drilled about topics they mentioned in their interview. don't stress out too much. the staff does their best to make you feel relaxed(almost no one was relaxed, though) there were three separate panels interviewing that day. good luck as i am still waiting to hear from them. :)

What was the time span between when Midwestern received your supplemental application and when you were invited to the mandatory campus visit? They got my supplemental on the 20th of December and I have not heard anything about the MCV. Will they contact me if they decide NOT to invite me to the MCV?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input on this.

Chris

it took approximately two weeks to hear from them. you will receive an e-mail from admissions about a campus visit. for arizona, it took about a month to get information about an interview.

freshbeatschris said:
What was the time span between when Midwestern received your supplemental application and when you were invited to the mandatory campus visit? They got my supplemental on the 20th of December and I have not heard anything about the MCV. Will they contact me if they decide NOT to invite me to the MCV?

Chris

Wouldn't you just get a rejection letter then??

blueclassring said:
i had an interview at az on dec. 19. check the interview feedback it helped out a lot. it really depends on who interviews you. my interview was very straightforward and i was asked many of the typical questions. others were drilled about topics they mentioned in their interview. don't stress out too much. the staff does their best to make you feel relaxed(almost no one was relaxed, though) there were three separate panels interviewing that day. good luck as i am still waiting to hear from them. :)

hi, did they tell you when you will hear from them?? (midwestern, AZ)...I hope that you'll get in..I'll have my interview there on Jan 11. :)

freshbeatschris said:

Chris

they will let you know whether or not you'll invited for MCV... I think the earliest group went for MCV was on Dec..so they just started MCV..Hope that you will get good news soon!! :)

futurepharm.d.? said:
they will let you know whether or not you'll invited for MCV... I think the earliest group went for MCV was on Dec..so they just started MCV..Hope that you will get good news soon!! :)

Thanks for the well-wishes. That is sweet of you.

Chris

I'm so mad/upset/angry! My PharmCAS application printout was mailed to all my schools on November 2nd. I figured the reason I hadn't received a supplemental application from Midwestern-CCP was because they were waiting on my PCAT scores. Well, it's now January so I KNEW they have those and I still haven't received a supplemental. So I decided to call Midwestern-CCP today because they weren't responding to any of my emails. The lady on the phone was super nice but she informs me that they tried to send me a supplemental back in November but for some unknown reason the printout that PharmCAS sent them didn't have a contact address for me. She told me they were going to send out a supplemental to me immediately and that I should write a letter to the admissions committee explaining what had happened so they don't think I am just lazy and don't care. She also told me to call PharmCAS and yell at them. So now I'm basically screwed because as you all know, Midwestern operates on a rolling admissions policy and it's probably really late in the game. I was 100% on top of all of my applications and sent things in early and then this happens and its not even my fault or anything I could have controlled :( ... I'm so bummed.

:( THAT IS REALLY CRAPPY OF THEM!!

calrx said:
I'm so mad/upset/angry! My PharmCAS application printout was mailed to all my schools on November 2nd. I figured the reason I hadn't received a supplemental application from Midwestern-CCP was because they were waiting on my PCAT scores. Well, it's now January so I KNEW they have those and I still haven't received a supplemental. So I decided to call Midwestern-CCP today because they weren't responding to any of my emails. The lady on the phone was super nice but she informs me that they tried to send me a supplemental back in November but for some unknown reason the printout that PharmCAS sent them didn't have a contact address for me. She told me they were going to send out a supplemental to me immediately and that I should write a letter to the admissions committee explaining what had happened so they don't think I am just lazy and don't care. She also told me to call PharmCAS and yell at them. So now I'm basically screwed because as you all know, Midwestern operates on a rolling admissions policy and it's probably really late in the game. I was 100% on top of all of my applications and sent things in early and then this happens and its not even my fault or anything I could have controlled :( ... I'm so bummed.

Don't give up hope- my mandatory campus visit for CCP was in March (since I was an application/PCAT procrastinator) and I didn't find out that I got in until the end of April/beginning of May. It would have saved me some stress applying earlier, but I would hardly say that you're out of the game. They do put some people from earlier MCV on the waiting list while they evaluate the later MCV candidates.

calrx said:

calrx said:

That's just wrong!!!!! How could PharmCas forget to include your address??? I think you're still in the game....It's early Jan, so there is still time...Good luck to you... :luck: