Midwestern Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zebrafish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an invite for Midwestern, just wondering if anyone interviewed there recently and if they are still open seats for the class or are they just interviewing for the waitlist at this point. I would like any info anyone has to offer. I am from the Northeast and I am trying to figure out if the expense to travel there is worth it.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there in Nov. Rented car at the airport, stayed at Quality Inn @ Talavi. That seems to be the closest motel, about 5 min driving from school. I believe some hotel provide shuttle service, look into that. Total cost of going there was 400-500 bucks. Car rental form air port is costly

I just got an invite for Midwestern, just wondering if anyone interviewed there recently and if they are still open seats for the class or are they just interviewing for the waitlist at this point. I would like any info anyone has to offer. I am from the Northeast and I am trying to figure out if the expense to travel there is worth it.
Thanks

If you already got in somewhere...imo i wouldnt go. I had my interview there back in Nov and it was my least favorite school....there was nothing for you to see what they have to offer you in the next 4 years. I got in but then turned down the offer. Anyways, its all up to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
looks like it will be a good program. That's the thing though, it just appears that way and i hope and believe it will be a good program but like someone said, there really isn't much to see and the school hasn't proved itself yet. Aside from the qualms of being in the first class, I think it will be good, the faculty is stellar.

Thanks

Quite honestly, I have no idea where they are at in their acceptances right now. I interviewed in October. They may tell you if you call though. You really will have the best idea if it is worth it for you to go. It should depend on when you applied, how many other interviews/acceptances you have already, your interest (if any) in MWU, etc. If you're like several other people on here you may choose to go, get rejected a week later, then spend 2 days on SDN griping about how MWU hurt your feelings.

They seem to be quite choosy in their offers, I would say similar to the process at ASDOH if you are familiar. If you don't think that your chances are great and the risk is too expensive, well there's your answer. But I know in my personal situation I could not afford to turn down any interviews no matter the cost. Good luck!

I got an interview yesterday too.
anybody tell me what they ask, or what we do that day from
7:45 to 2:30. thanks:p

I spoke with them yesterday, and they said a lot of the class has been filled but there are still a few spots open, I'm estimating 10 - 20 spots from the way they made it sound... Just an estimate.... It might be better to call and find out... they may give you a more precise number...

I've just called 10 minutes ago. They said that there are 20/100 remaining seats. Well, hopefully I will have 1 of those 20 seats. : )

I've just called 10 minutes ago. They said that there are 20/100 remaining seats. Well, hopefully I will have 1 of those 20 seats. : )

So I take it that they have not increased the number of seats from 100 to 110 as I recall reading on another thread?

Also, does anyone have an idea as to how many applicants they are interviewing for these 20 remaining seats?

Thanks all

A lot of people are holding a position there waiting to hear from other schools, so expect it move around Feb/March when people start hearing back from other schools.

As of Monday there were 80 of 110 seats filled. They have interviewed over 500.

I was interviewed Jan. 16th. I was told by the dean, 110. They were thinking about 100, but he told everyone who was interviewing that day that they would more than likely accept 110

I was interviewed Jan. 16th. I was told by the dean, 110. They were thinking about 100, but he told everyone who was interviewing that day that they would more than likely accept 110

I can second that.

I was interviewed Feb. 11th, and a lady that concluded the day (at the admission's office) gave us similar info. She told us that 3000 applied, 500 were interviewed, and that the 2013 class was to be about 110 in size.

Good luck to everyone interested in Midwestern :luck: