Midwestern Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew324

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a question for those who got an interview from Midwestern, I checked out predents and there are a few anyway.

I just got mine and went online to sign up for a date and theres only 1.
Is this what you all had also, or are they all taken already?
I am thinking maybe they do groups and have a mix of people or something, I was just surprised that I only have 1 option to select from and its on a wednesday at that.

Thanks,
Andrew

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Congrat first...
I got one from Midwestern today too...
When I checked first time, I had couple options which were tue & wed...
But later when i decided between them, one of them was gone...
Only one option left which was wed...
But just like they mentioned, you can contact them & they'll give you other possible options...
Otherwise, I'll see you there, coz we have same date...
Good luck...

i'll see both of u there too...lol

Members don't see this ad :)
ha, nice! I guess I will click in ASAP then, dont want my only option to be gone tomorrow!! Orrrrrr should I leave it since my one option cant go away and maybe more will be added!

I mean it is still 1.5 months away and I live in the same city as the school...so perhaps I will try to play my options.

Midwestern will ask you to write an essay before the interview, and it'll ask you some weird question like...what is the border country surrounding France or something. That's what my friend told me last year, and he now goes to Midwestern

I just received my email this morning also, and when i just checked i had no dates available. It says they will contact me when more are. Weird..

I just received my email this morning also, and when i just checked i had no dates available. It says they will contact me when more are. Weird..

So in other words last night I should have clicked in...

Ok so i checked back in and they had 2 new dates, Tuesday Oct 28 and Wed Oct 29th. I picked the 28th quickly because it works better but I should have clicked in last night on the 22nd! grrrrr

Last edited:
I just saw that, I also chose the 28th... I wish they did more Mondays and Fridays, it's going to be hard/expensive to fly from South Dakota to there on Monday and back Tuesday night... craziness

I feel ya with that. Minnesota and back is no fun!

Actually I changed to the 29th, I have a test on the 30th but the test review is the 28th...So the test review might be important. Who knows though, Yeah more options would be nice. I have no school on friday pretty much for this reason, then they go boom interviews on wednesday!

Yeah kind of rough.... although it is VERY hard to be mad about the interview invite:)

I'm just excited to catch some warm weather. Duluth = coldest place ever

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I'm a 1st year dental student at Midwestern

We just started classes about 2 days ago, and am really loving it here
My classmates are all down to earth friendly,
the staff and professors are very very approachable, with their open door policy.
They keep emphasizing they will treat the students like "professionals from Day 1", and so far they are awesome.
Even though it is a new school, Midwestern University has a very solid basic sciences program already (for the Med and Pharmacy school here), so our Basic Sciences professors are really really good.

Our Sim Lab is the best in the country as of right now. We just went into our Sim Lab, and it is AWESOME!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Goodlucks to you all at your interview, if you have any questions, send me a pvt mssg!!

Hope to see some of you next year!!

Hi everyone, I just got an interview invite for Midwestern and my only interview option is mid November

^then pick it...the earlier the better i assume. but more dates will show up as time goes by.

yes i have signed up thanks, but you know its kind of surprising, b/c the interview process is only just starting to pick up speed but they are scheduling interviews 2 months later, i guess they have a large pool

yes i have signed up thanks, but you know its kind of surprising, b/c the interview process is only just starting to pick up speed but they are scheduling interviews 2 months later, i guess they have a large pool

Its because they only interview 36 people per week (2 interviews per week times 18 people each interview)

Midwestern will ask you to write an essay before the interview, and it'll ask you some weird question like...what is the border country surrounding France or something. That's what my friend told me last year, and he now goes to Midwestern

they just have normal 2 person interviews now. no more essays or trick questions.

Hey guys, my interview is scheduled for Oct 21 but I would REEEEALLY like Oct 22 instead. Anyone with an Oct 22 interview that is willing to switch for the 21st? I spoke to someone at MWU and they said that would be fine if I could find someone to switch spots with.

PM me and let me knowwww! :)

I'm really excited to see this school... :)

hey everyone!
i just got an interview with midwestern for 16th...any1 who has already had an interview could you please tell me what kind of questions they ask?? or what the essay was about?? ok thanx