Midwestern interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettypinklemon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got Midwestern invites or has already done their interview? Does anybody know if it is a group or 1 on 1 interview? i'm not a big fan of group interviews:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I know a guy who interviewed there and he said it's closed file and they treat it like a veritable interview rather than a conversation, "who are you, why optometry, why midwestern" etc

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at Midwestern on 9/27. No idea if it is individual or group.

Do you know if it was a group or one on one interview for them?

I don't remember, sorry. But if it's more than one interviewer, just make sure that you give eye contact to both people! Don't just focus on one, although you can give more eye time to the "nicer" of the two, if one person is rather intimidating. :p

My Midwestern interview was individual. I was in a small room with two faculty members.

How long after Midwestern received your application did it take for them to review it and invite you for an interview?

They received my application on 8/23 and invited me for an interview on 8/29. They have a website that you create an account on and it gave me the option of 9/4 or 9/27 as interview dates.

They received my application on 8/23 and invited me for an interview on 8/29. They have a website that you create an account on and it gave me the option of 9/4 or 9/27 as interview dates.
I've been checking the website daily and today I was invited for an interview on 10/22. I know your interview was only a week ago, but have you heard back yet? Also, was your interview open or closed file?

I am suppose to hear back tomorrow, so a week after my interview. The interview was close file I believe.

Received the phone call yesterday, I was accepted but declined as I have chose to go to SCCO.