Midwestern Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckyLuke

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey since I didn't see a thread opened for Midwestern interviews for entrance into Fall 2010 I figured I would just start it. I'm just curious to see if anyone has received any interview invites from Midwestern?

I am still working on my secondary app and I am taking some time with it since I am scheduled to take the PCAT in about 9 days on Aug 22nd. However, I haven't been very consistent in studying for the PCAT this summer mainly b/c I was recovering from studying for the MCAT the entire spring which I took in May. So there's a good chance I may have to do a "No Score" on my PCAT and retake it in October. Which is also my second question... is it alot harder to get an interview in late Oct/early Nov if I take my PCAT in Oct? I know that my application won't be reviewed until they have everything including the PCAT score so I know I will be late in the ballgame. I just hope I'm not at a severe disadvantage! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I also thought this would be a great place for people to share how their interviews went and provide possible interview questions that may be asked in the interview. Every year, I'm sure the interviewers at MWU change up the interview a little bit so I thought it would be helpful to eveyone to share any advice to help prepare for the interview. Does anyone know if they will still be using the group interview format along with the writing sample?

Hey since I didn't see a thread opened for Midwestern interviews for entrance into Fall 2010 I figured I would just start it. I'm just curious to see if anyone has received any interview invites from Midwestern?

I am still working on my secondary app and I am taking some time with it since I am scheduled to take the PCAT in about 9 days on Aug 22nd. However, I haven't been very consistent in studying for the PCAT this summer mainly b/c I was recovering from studying for the MCAT the entire spring which I took in May. So there's a good chance I may have to do a "No Score" on my PCAT and retake it in October. Which is also my second question... is it alot harder to get an interview in late Oct/early Nov if I take my PCAT in Oct? I know that my application won't be reviewed until they have everything including the PCAT score so I know I will be late in the ballgame. I just hope I'm not at a severe disadvantage! :confused:

I heard that the PCAT is much easier than the MCAT. If you were prepared for the MCAT then you will probably be just fine on the PCAT unless you forgot everything once you learned it. Since Midwestern is rolling admissions, you might be better off taking whatever you get now and getting in your application earlier. If memory serves me right, they will be accepting people in October and your scores won't even get to them until late November.

Also, and don't quote me on this, I don't think they throw your application out if you don't meet the interview cut at first. I think they just keep it in the pile so if your PCAT improves after the October test, they will still consider you for a later interview, taking into account your updated scores. If you wait until October to take your PCAT, you have no chance at an early interview. If you take it in August and get a higher score in October, I don't think you are any better off than if you never took the exam in August. I would double check with the school though. You don't want to be in the situation where your application gets eliminated if you don't get a good August score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on my last year's experience, they didn't start to invite people for the first interview date until September, so calm down and relax! If you were to take the PCAT in October, they wouldn't be able to receive your score 6 weeks later...so the earliest would be in December. Although it's better to get everything in as early as possible, you still have a great chance of getting invited for an interview because MWU usually holds interviews until late April. I think you should do fine on your PCAT, since you reviewed everything for your MCAT recently. Good luck!

Thanks for the responses... I wish I could feel a little better about heading into the PCAT but I still don't. My writing isn't that great, and my math skills aren't as sharp as I would like them to be. It's tough to find a reliable math resource that reviews the math problems covered by the PCAT. So far, I am only using the CliffsQuickReview books on Calc and Stats for review. Not sure if that is enough. I'm not able to finish all the math problems on the practice tests so that concerns me a bit. Guess I'll find out if I end up voiding the exam or not next week!

Thanks for the responses... I wish I could feel a little better about heading into the PCAT but I still don't. My writing isn't that great, and my math skills aren't as sharp as I would like them to be. It's tough to find a reliable math resource that reviews the math problems covered by the PCAT. So far, I am only using the CliffsQuickReview books on Calc and Stats for review. Not sure if that is enough. I'm not able to finish all the math problems on the practice tests so that concerns me a bit. Guess I'll find out if I end up voiding the exam or not next week!

I wouldn't void the exam based on not being able to finish the math portion. I randomly guessed on somewhere between five and ten questions. I was seriously down after the exam because I thought I did so poorly on math. I was hoping for at least a 50 on that section. The score came back in the 90s. In a million years, I never would have guessed I did that well based on my perceptions of test day. If you go by just how math feels, you could end up voiding a pretty good score. Most people don't end up finishing that section so everyone is in the same boat.

I also thought this would be a great place for people to share how their interviews went and provide possible interview questions that may be asked in the interview. Every year, I'm sure the interviewers at MWU change up the interview a little bit so I thought it would be helpful to eveyone to share any advice to help prepare for the interview. Does anyone know if they will still be using the group interview format along with the writing sample?

Hey there's a link for that on this site. I was reading it yesterday, and you just click on the school and there's sample interview questions and info from people who were actually got interviewed at that school. Just click on Pharmacy at the top of this site and go down to interview feedback. I found it very useful.

EDIT:
Wow or you could just click on interview feedback at the top of the page. Haha just noticed that.

Yea, the interview feedback helped me out with the interview prep a lot. I'd say we had about 4-5 questions and the interview session lasted about an hour long, which wasn't too bad. There were 6 of us in the group, so we each had less than 10 minutes to answer all the questions and we also had Q&A toward the end. I was nervous about the group format, but it wasn't too bad at all.

Yea, the interview feedback helped me out with the interview prep a lot. I'd say we had about 4-5 questions and the interview session lasted about an hour long, which wasn't too bad. There were 6 of us in the group, so we each had less than 10 minutes to answer all the questions and we also had Q&A toward the end. I was nervous about the group format, but it wasn't too bad at all.

Exact same experience I had as well.

To the OP, since you're talking Fall 2010, I assume you're talking about Midwestern CCP not Glendale. I interviewed in January last cycle and was told we were one of the earlier interview dates. Don't feel too rushed (with regards to this school at least).

When did you send in your PharmCAS? I sent in mine on August 1st and I haven't gotten anything, but I'm still waiting for a transcript from a CC to get sent to PharmCAS. Could this be the reason for the delay?

When did you send in your PharmCAS? I sent in mine on August 1st and I haven't gotten anything, but I'm still waiting for a transcript from a CC to get sent to PharmCAS. Could this be the reason for the delay?

They won't verify your application until all of your transcripts are in. It will be up to 5 weeks after all your transcripts are in before your application gets verified and mailed. It can take awhile before they send you the supplemental app.

Hope you do well on the PCAT!

It's based on percentile ranking so it's really how you did compared to others. I thought I did poorly on mine in the beginning of the summer and was really surprised at the results.

I tried to read all the comments in this thread... Interviews for MWU for Fall 2010 are starting already? Or am I confused. I wanted to apply for this coming Fall 2010 and I haven't even looked into it yet.

Am I too late? Responses appreciated. Thanks!