Midwestern Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wileson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter but cant open it until i go home, my update didnt say anything on aadsas or did my name on the portal, is it a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Small envelope = Waitlist or rejection
Large envelope + phone call = acceptance

I got a small envelope and am waiting for the big one to come in sometime soon hopefully :thumbup:

Small envelope = Waitlist or rejection
Large envelope + phone call = acceptance

I got a small envelope and am waiting for the big one to come in sometime soon hopefully :thumbup:

Actually last year, my acceptance letter came in a small regular envelope. But this is after I got my call.

We never really got any "large envelope" now that I think about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably a rejection or maybe waitlist. If you got accepted you would have gotten a phone call and the AADSAS status would have changed to offer made. My friend got rejected after pre Dec 1 interview and AADSAS is still blank.

why can't you open it? Just curious :)

Why can't your parents open it?

If it is a waitlist or acceptance you often have to call them to confirm and/or pay a deposit, just have them open it. That's a lot easier, PLUS more helpful than asking us

Another bit of advice:

Even if it is a rejection, call to make sure.

I got a rejection letter from OU and called them. They said, "oh we sent those to all the non-residents who didn't interview this year, disregard it."

It turns out my residency status was in the wrong category, so I just showed up with my mortgage closing documents from four years ago (buying primary property in-State) with a big, fat signature on everything and they let it go.

I assume a lot of people just said, "oh well." :(

...maybe they are evil and planned it that way. :confused:

No. Can't be.