Midwestern MABS 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xvndr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this application cycle. Submitted applications to both AZ and IL programs yesterday. Anyone else applying/hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

How well is the program doing? Especially the Chicago campus? Anyone mind sharing stats to get in and personal experiences with the school?

anyone know how much extracirriculars play a role? i don't have much ECs and am worried it might hold me back...

Members don't see this ad :)
Also how long did it take you from submitting the app to hearing back?
I had my application submitted March 1st, but it wasn't until March 20th until they received all the supplementals. I heard from them 2 weeks after!

congrats! seems like they seemed pretty nice about test scores if they let you retake it? do you have to get a certain score to keep your acceptance? and good luck on the DAT!

I’m not sure if I will get accepted since they put me on the waitlist and it’s not even a guarantee. But they say that if you have any academic changes before now and September (I guess that’s when the class starts), update them ASAP and that could be something they look at. The waitlist is not ranked so they will periodically looking through the files

How long did it take you to hear back?

It took me a month because I used their free transfer application. Since I applied to their dental program and was rejected they allowed me to transfer my application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks! Did you apply to the IL or AZ campus?

I applied to the IL since I applied there for the dental program and they would have my application without me sending anything. I didn’t apply to the AZ through the dental program and if I apply there for the Masters I would have to start a new application and submit everything. Their app is like $130

in your acceptance, did they mention what sort of grades you have to maintain for your last semester (if you're still in undergrad)
Hey sorry but no it was not mentioned. I know I saw their minimum grades posted somewhere on their page though.

Accepted at the DG campus today! Does anyone know how many people who interview at CCOM are accepted? Also, how are the classes, professors, and exams?

Got accepted to the Downers Grove, IL campus for MABS and MBS. Going to do the MABS program since it's only 1 year.
Stats are 3.15 oGPA, 25 DAT

Anyone know people who got into the dental school after doing the MABS?

I'm most likely attending this program so if anyone is looking for roommates I got some great leads, hmu if you're interested

Accepted to AZ. Anyone know if theres a fb group for this year?

Accepted to AZ. Anyone know if theres a fb group for this year?
yes there is a facebook chat! not sure how to add people but if you're on the School's App you should be able to find a thread about MBS/MABS students and one of the students can add you to the chat

hey guys, I couldn't find any thread on here besides this to ask some q's. Im applying to MABS and MBS at Midwestern IL , my app is done, taking the DAT very soon -- do they accept specific scores for the program? I couldn't find info anywhere online.

Accepted at the DG campus today! Does anyone know how many people who interview at CCOM are accepted? Also, how are the classes, professors, and exams?
Any chance you could PM me about this program? Trying to figure out how the linkage works for CCOM.

hey guys, I couldn't find any thread on here besides this to ask some q's. Im applying to MABS and MBS at Midwestern IL , my app is done, taking the DAT very soon -- do they accept specific scores for the program? I couldn't find info anywhere online.
Hey! So I know for applying to the program you need a minimum GPA of 2.75 but I don't think there is a cut-off for DAT, MCAT, GRE, etc.

Hey! So I know for applying to the program you need a minimum GPA of 2.75 but I don't think there is a cut-off for DAT, MCAT, GRE, etc.
Thanks for the reply! I actually got into their masters 1 month ago :) I think my personal essay played a huge role, my DAT wasn't stellar. Good luck to you if you are also trying to get a spot in their masters:)

Got accepted to the Downers Grove, IL campus for MABS and MBS. Going to do the MABS program since it's only 1 year.
Stats are 3.15 oGPA, 25 DAT

Anyone know people who got into the dental school after doing the MABS?

I'm most likely attending this program so if anyone is looking for roommates I got some great leads, hmu if you're interested
Hey! I just got accepted to the Downer's Grove program. How are the classes working out for you? Do you know if there is a linkage to their medical school?

Does anyone know what DAT scores we need for the guarantee interview? Is it the one on their website from last dental school class of 2018?
And any current students have any input on the new online format that they may be adapting for fall semester due to COVID-19?
Thank you! I got accepted today and is strongly considering attending the program.

For those who have applied and are accepted to the MABS-IL program, how long was your personal statement and would you recommend writing a completely new personal statement or using the one I wrote for medical school and add a paragraph on how this program will prepare me for a professional program. Also if you have suggestions of what else I could add in my personal statement that could improve my chances of getting accepted.

For those who have applied and are accepted to the MABS-IL program, how long was your personal statement and would you recommend writing a completely new personal statement or using the one I wrote for medical school and add a paragraph on how this program will prepare me for a professional program. Also if you have suggestions of what else I could add in my personal statement that could improve my chances of getting accepted.
Mine was around a page long single space. I wrote a slightly different bottom/conclusion as to why I wanted to do a master to improves my chances but the top and middle part of the ps was the same as my dental school ps.

Does anyone know what DAT scores we need for the guarantee interview? Is it the one on their website from last dental school class of 2018?
And any current students have any input on the new online format that they may be adapting for fall semester due to COVID-19?
Thank you! I got accepted today and is strongly considering attending the program.

So there is no set DAT score for the guarantee interview since it depends on the incoming D1 students' scores. For example, I enrolled in the program fall 2019, so the school took the average DAT of the D1 at that time and then you would take one standard deviation of the avg score and that is the requirement for the guaranteed interview. I believe for IL campus was you gotta have at least 18 and for AZ was at least 19. It can be a bit confusing but hope this helps!

Btw i'm a current MABS student and was accepted into the MWU AZ dental school :)

So there is no set DAT score for the guarantee interview since it depends on the incoming D1 students' scores. For example, I enrolled in the program fall 2019, so the school took the average DAT of the D1 at that time and then you would take one standard deviation of the avg score and that is the requirement for the guaranteed interview. I believe for IL campus was you gotta have at least 18 and for AZ was at least 19. It can be a bit confusing but hope this helps!

Btw i'm a current MABS student and was accepted into the MWU AZ dental school :)
i am accepted mabs az
do they have linkage or just interview on benchmarks?

i am accepted mabs az
do they have linkage or just interview on benchmarks?
Yes both MABS AZ and IL have the articulation agreement that if u meet their requirements by end of 2nd quarter you'll be guaranteed an interview

Yes both MABS AZ and IL have the articulation agreement that if u meet their requirements by end of 2nd quarter you'll be guaranteed an interview
Could you PM about this program?