Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Optometry
I have recently been accepted by SCCO and have two weeks to let them know if I will be attending or not. I have my Midwestern interview this weekend and was wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you with whether or not you have been accepted. Also does SCCO allow you to push back the date if you have more interviews? Thanks.

M

maliboo

I have recently been accepted by SCCO and have two weeks to let them know if I will be attending or not. I have my Midwestern interview this weekend and was wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you with whether or not you have been accepted. Also does SCCO allow you to push back the date if you have more interviews? Thanks.
hey, how long after your application was complete did it take for Midwestern to invite you for an interview?

Aug 6, 2014
California
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hello fellow SCCO acceptee! I actually just talked with admissions about this today, and she said there is unfortunately no wiggle room. You have to get back to them within the two weeks. I am in the same boat, and have another interview that I am really looking forward to at the end of the month, so I just put the deposit down to reserve my seat, especially since there is a strong possibility I will want to go there at the end of this process. It kind of stinks, but the nature of rolling admissions makes it so applicants have to get back to the school in a fast manner.

Reactions: eyebian11
Jun 2, 2014
Status
Pre-Optometry
hey, how long after your application was complete did it take for Midwestern to invite you for an interview?
I submitted my optomcas on 9/20 and they sent me a link to sign up on the portal last thursday, then I was invited for an interview this morning!

M

maliboo

I submitted my optomcas on 9/20 and they sent me a link to sign up on the portal last thursday, then I was invited for an interview this morning!
Thanks! I actually got my interview invite this morning too! I'm interviewing in November! When did you schedule yours for?

Jul 21, 2013
California
Hi

I've an interview at SCCO in a few weeks and I was wondering if you can post the type of questions they asked?

Aug 6, 2014
California
Status
Pre-Optometry
Honestly, it felt more like a conversation. You know, me talking about certain things about the practice I worked at lead to "oh, and how do you like that?". The only "specific" questions that felt like it was prepared was where I see myself in the scope of optometry and if I had leadership skills. There is a recent thread here where it is talked about a bit more! http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/scco-interview-2014.1102909/

OP
E
Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Optometry
Exactly what futureusaeyedoc said the interview was very laid back and just look at the link she posted.

M

maliboo

Hey eyebian11! I saw that you were accepted at both SCCO and AZCOPT. I'm wondering what made you decide AZCOPT over SCCO?

OP
E
Oct 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hey eyebian11! I saw that you were accepted at both SCCO and AZCOPT. I'm wondering what made you decide AZCOPT over SCCO?
I would first have to say their clinic and pre clinic were very impressive. The pre-clinic had enough stations for the whole class to be in at one time so there would be no waiting if you wanted to practice. They also both had the most up to date technology. The clinic also had a sports vision area, which is something I am interested in. Last, to me I felt like there was a bigger diversity of people from the people I interviewed with as well as the people I met while I was there. Not saying SCCO was bad, it too was an awesome school but I feel like Midwestern was the best fit for me.

Aug 6, 2014
California
Status
Pre-Optometry
I would first have to say their clinic and pre clinic were very impressive. The pre-clinic had enough stations for the whole class to be in at one time so there would be no waiting if you wanted to practice. They also both had the most up to date technology. The clinic also had a sports vision area, which is something I am interested in. Last, to me I felt like there was a bigger diversity of people from the people I interviewed with as well as the people I met while I was there. Not saying SCCO was bad, it too was an awesome school but I feel like Midwestern was the best fit for me.
Just to piggy back on that, I think you nailed it on the head when you said that Arizona was the right fit for you. There are so many amazing schools, that even SCCO said to look for the school that you feel is the best fit. SCCO is an amazing school, but it may not be the right fit for some. Just like Arizona might not be the best fit for others. I personally loved SCCO, but am still interviewing other places to see if there is a place that exceeds it. Just go with whatever school gives you the gut feeling of "This is where I want to be."