Midwestern or Chicago State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bozeefus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ultimately, my #1 choice is UIC but I haven't heard back yet, so I'll be debating between these 2.

The biggest thing is tuition&fees ($/yr):
CSU: 21,000
Midwestern: 35,000 (really around 45,000 since I will have to rent/dorm)

I live in Chicago so I will live at home and commute (15-30min drive) to CSU; if I go to Midwestern, I will have to dorm/rent there, essentially adding around 10,000/yr to cost.

added: Cost is important to me because I will have to get loans for everything. I will not be getting any financial support from family/relatives/friends.

-------------

Midwestern has a better reputation since it's been in existence longer

CSU has not obtained full accreditation status yet (it currently has p1 and p2 students).

-------------

I am not sure what to do. Any advice? I do have a preference but I'll like to hear other peoples' opinions first.

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ultimately, my #1 choice is UIC but I haven't heard back yet, so I'll be debating between these 2.

The biggest thing is tuition&fees ($/yr):
CSU: 21,000
Midwestern: 35,000 (really around 45,000 since I will have to rent/dorm)

I live in Chicago so I will live at home and commute (15-30min drive) to CSU; if I go to Midwestern, I will have to dorm/rent there, essentially adding around 10,000/yr to cost.

-------------

Midwestern has a better reputation since it's been in existence longer

CSU has not obtained full accreditation status yet (it currently has p1 and p2 students).

-------------

I am not sure what to do. Any advice? I do have a preference but I'll like to hear other peoples' opinions first.

Many thanks!

I turned down my interview to CSU after I was accepted to MWU CCP. I chose the school with a better reputation and overall quality of education. I also know more people that are very happy at MWU.

I turned down my interview to CSU after I was accepted to MWU CCP. I chose the school with a better reputation and overall quality of education. I also know more people that are very happy at MWU.

wow that was fast! thanks for your opinion. i just have a few questions. why do u feel midwestern offers a better overall education? do you know any individuals who are unhappy at CSU and do u know the reason why they're unhappy?

thanks for your time doc:)

Members don't see this ad :)
wow that was fast! thanks for your opinion. i just have a few questions. why do u feel midwestern offers a better overall education? do you know any individuals who are unhappy at CSU and do u know the reason why they're unhappy?

thanks for your time doc:)

I have a friend that is a P1 at CSU right now and he has told me that there is a lot of self learning that is required at CSU. He has commented on the faculties lack of commitment to their students. I went to school in the city and I'm not very impressed with CSUs facilities. It's hell of a lot cheaper than MWU so that could be the deciding factor for you. At the end of the day, I chose the school I would be most happy with.

I have a friend that is a P1 at CSU right now and he has told me that there is a lot of self learning that is required at CSU. He has commented on the faculties lack of commitment to their students. I went to school in the city and I'm not very impressed with CSUs facilities. It's hell of a lot cheaper than MWU so that could be the deciding factor for you. At the end of the day, I chose the school I would be most happy with.

Did you attend school at UIC?

Thanks again for your input.

This is really a premature thread so I've decided to let this thread die and reopen it (if need be) when I hear back from UIC