Midwestern rejection/waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x17lilac17x

Sun Devil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Midwestern Glendale and was waitlisted. I've noticed that they seem to have waitlisted a lot of people. I was wondering if anyone was rejected after they were interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

i put up the same post on 3/31 and dident get a response to anybody getting rejected. Looks like they waitlisted everyone. And i read from another post that it was like 400 waitlisted

I read that too but I find it hard to believe. I mean, they had to have disliked somebody, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern turned out to be such a disappointment. I would have felt much better if I was rejected than to be place on a waitlist with god knows how many people.

I talked with midwestern chicago and they told me they had a list around seventy for the alternate list. as for Glendale, they never got back to me.

My opinion regarding Midwestern CPG...

Worst Admission Policies ever...

After so many days on the waitlist i guess i have just started to pretend that Midwestern CPG rejected me... (but left ventricle of my heart still hopes to hear something good from them)

The fact that people who interview you don't sit on the admission committee is just plain stupid... (they hire some "big names", give them questions, they do their job, get paid and sayonara)
This admission faculty member on the day of interview said "its a closed file interview b/c we believe that since you have made it to this stage, your marks and GPA is insignificant, we now just want to see your personality, just relax and be your self..." I say BULL****
The fact that Dean is just gonna randomly pick couple of people from the waitlist of 400 students to fill her class is ****

I am like WHat the hell??? Why the @*#& interview so many people? How insecure can you get? How low can you get? How much of a "business" can this become?
This country is becoming full of white lies/corruption/illegal activities/gun violence.... WAKE UP people WAKE UP.... (haha i have no idea how this got in here.. may be because i just saw few clips of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert)

I am just angry, sad, mad and disappointed..... don't bother replying to this post.. just wanted to write my feelings up!!!

thx for reading though....

I feel the same as you and am very disappointed at their admissions policy too. I rather they not interview so many candidates to give them false hope.

My opinion regarding Midwestern CPG...

Worst Admission Policies ever...

After so many days on the waitlist i guess i have just started to pretend that Midwestern CPG rejected me... (but left ventricle of my heart still hopes to hear something good from them)

I felt the same way kinda. I loved the Glendale campus and the city / suburbs of Phoenix a ton and I was really shocked that they interview so many and waitlist the majority, especially since your interview is a 6 or 7 hour ordeal.

I don't know if a 3-year program was right for me anyway, though... and most people that went there were in their late 20s / early 30s and engaged or married, which would have been awkward for me since I'm only 22.

The thing that really bothered me, though, was that they told us we might get offered admission as little as the day before classes start, which is insane, especially since there's no way I could ever make it to Phoenix in less than 1 day's notice. I don't know why they do it that way when other schools don't seem to have to do that.

I felt the same way kinda. I loved the Glendale campus and the city / suburbs of Phoenix a ton and I was really shocked that they interview so many and waitlist the majority, especially since your interview is a 6 or 7 hour ordeal.

I don't know if a 3-year program was right for me anyway, though... and most people that went there were in their late 20s / early 30s and engaged or married, which would have been awkward for me since I'm only 22.

The thing that really bothered me, though, was that they told us we might get offered admission as little as the day before classes start, which is insane, especially since there's no way I could ever make it to Phoenix in less than 1 day's notice. I don't know why they do it that way when other schools don't seem to have to do that.

as a private school, each seat that is open is a lost of 3 years worth of tuition. just in case someone drops up to the last moment, they want to make sure to fill it.

You think their admissions is bad? I tried to get info on what pre-reqs would transfer for a few months and I could never get a hold of someone who knew. I was always transferred to some lady who was never at her desk and never returned any phone calls. They even told me "its on the website!". Sure, their website says what classes they need, but it doesn't specify exactly. Someone told me "Intro to Speech" fulfilled their public speaking class and then one year later, I found out that my "Intro to Speech" class does not meet their Public Speaking pre-req.

Anybody hear of someone getting in off the waitlist this cycle yet?