Midwestern University Arizona vs Case Western Reserve University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Midwestern Arizona vs Case Western Reserve

• Midwestern

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Case

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Confused321

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm asking for a friend.
Which of these two dental schools is a smarter choice?
Which school is more expensive? Different sources are giving me different numbers!
Where would you go?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Case western is more well known so if you want to specialize that will give you a leg up. Midwestern is more expensive by a little bit. Midwestern has nicer facilities. I loved case and didn't like Midwestern as much so I'd choose case so you have to choose what feels best for you, the climates are very different as well. Oh also if I remember right case does a bit more PBL and Midwestern does more traditional lecture, but has a larger class size!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!

can anyone let me know some estimated numbers?
some websites say Case is 400K with living expenses and other say its 350K
some websites say Midwestern is 470K with living and other say its 370K

Members don't see this ad :)
You should look it up on each schools website, that'll give you the most accurate data

I personally felt very uncomfortable in my Midwestern interview, the dental student that talked to us was very rude.
We asked her questions and she would actually ignore us and just use her phone, she even told us that MWU isn't that great
and to go elsewhere. Perhaps this was just my experience but it certainly turned me away from MWU.

Case Western on the other hand was VERY friendly, from the staff to the students to the interview settings, everything was
comfortable and I genuinely enjoyed my day on the campus. All the students expressed only positive things about
the program and made us feel very welcome.

Factor in the fact that its cheaper and has a long history of producing great dentists, I would say Case is the better option. :)

According to their websites, Case is 100K cheaper than MWU.

Case Western = $396,894
Midwestern AZ = $483,173

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I personally felt very uncomfortable in my Midwestern interview, the dental student that talked to us was very rude.
We asked her questions and she would actually ignore us and just use her phone, she even told us that MWU isn't that great
and to go elsewhere. Perhaps this was just my experience but it certainly turned me away from MWU.

Case Western on the other hand was VERY friendly, from the staff to the students to the interview settings, everything was
comfortable and I genuinely enjoyed my day on the campus. All the students expressed only positive things about

Factor in the fact that its cheaper and has a long history of producing great dentists, I would say Case is the better option. :)

Case Western = $396,894
Midwestern AZ = $483,173

What day and time did this happen?

What day and time did this happen?

With Case being almost 100K cheaper and with a rich history in dentistry, this should be a no brainer.

Last edited:
I personally thought the MWU-Az interview went very smoothly.

All the students I talked to were attentive and loved the school.

The school was expensive but had nice and new facilities.

I ended up not going because I got accepted into my #1

Case Western = $396,894
Midwestern AZ = $483,173

I am a D2 at MWU and have been taking part in the interview process for the upcoming c/o 2020. I am very sorry to hear your experience here was so unpleasant. I can assure you that we take any criticism to heart and will make it a point to clear this issue. As students during the interview process our job is to make the process feel a little bit more laid back, answer any questions you may have and give you our opinion on the program here.

Personally, I love it here! You take boards after your first year, start doing cleanings and perio on patients your second year, have all of the new technology (you also get laser certified your second year), the teachers are amazing and so approachable, and the list goes on!...please feel free to ask me anything about the program and feel free to PM me with your concerns as well!

What is your sense of the program otherwise?

What is your sense of the program otherwise?

The school itself is pretty neat, they have this clinic where a bunch of actors playing as patients and staff work with you in your 1st year of the program. It creates some sort of
pretend dental clinic. The school is very clean but the campus is a bit boring compared to many other schools that have undergraduate campuses as well.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure you would learn a lot in this dental school, but the 480K price tag is a complete turn off when you have much cheaper options.
Like NYU, you should attend MWU if it is your only acceptance, in my opinion. Unless you are an Arizona resident.

Last edited: