Midwestern University CCP Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i interviewed 2/17 and havent heard anything yet either! i hope we hear something sometime this week...

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone interview at CCP on 2/17 and heard anything at all back?

I also interviewed on 2/17...and have not heard anything yet either...:( has anyone tried calling and gotten any news on the status?

I also interviewed on 2/17...and have not heard anything yet either...:( has anyone tried calling and gotten any news on the status?

I haven't tried calling yet...I'm just hoping that we will hear something this week!:) If not, I'm thinking I'll call at the end of the week.:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Congrats on being accepted to CCP! If you guys have any questions about the move or CCP in general feel free to ask!

Also, I am a PS2 at MWU looking for a female roommate starting either June '10 or Sept '10 because my current roommate will be graduating. Currently I share a 2bed/2bath apartment in the Briarbrooks in Wheaton. The rent is 1195/month, which includes everything except electric and internet (split half way the rent comes out to be $597). The great thing about this place is that it has a washer/dryer in the apartment and is less than 5 miles from campus! I am willing to relocate to another place closer to campus if distance is an issue! If interested send me a message!

Good luck!:luck:

i posted this on the prepharm forums but since there are active students here, ill repost;

"any current students that can tell us how strenuous the quarter system is? do you like it? hate it? things we should know about it?

things move pretty fast (3 months/quarter i believe); it's one of the things that im really taking into consideration when deciding between which school is right for me;"

I'm a current student. The quarter system isn't a problem unless a) you're super anal retentive and need 5 months to process info b) can't handle having 2 tests during some weeks.

Can anyone comment on Fraternities at MWU? Pros and Cons maybe?

Kappa Psi - Quite Diverse... possibly the largest/most active frat on campus... long initiation process...

Rho Pi Phi - Asian Fraternity but definitely branchin' out this year... making strides to improve... short initiation process...

Phi Delta Chi - very small... can't really comment on this one...

Can ya guess which one I'm in... lol.. I would choose either Kappa or Rho if your interested in a fraternity, but honestly, the frats here are bit segregated in terms of nationality and that is quite unfortunate...

Kappa Psi - Quite Diverse... possibly the largest/most active frat on campus... long initiation process...

Rho Pi Phi - Asian Fraternity but definitely branchin' out this year... making strides to improve... short initiation process...

Phi Delta Chi - very small... can't really comment on this one...

Can ya guess which one I'm in... lol.. I would choose either Kappa or Rho if your interested in a fraternity, but honestly, the frats here are bit segregated in terms of nationality and that is quite unfortunate...

Where would a Filipino/Pakistani person fit? lol im jp. I met some Kappa guys and they seemed pretty cool.

How long after the interview did it take to hear back from them?
I'm assuming that since you checked the portal that you found out before you actually received a letter?

I interviewed on 3/19, so far nothing yet.
Congrats to you though.

Rizo, I'd be going crazy if I were you. I interviewed April 7th and I still can't wait.

Those of you who are accepted, how long did it take for the website to update/you to receive the e-mail??

Those of you who are accepted, how long did it take for the website to update/you to receive the e-mail??

Usually people find out through the portal, and then get a letter through snail mail. They don't give out acceptances via email.

Rizo did you call? Any luck? I still haven't heard back but a friend of mine, who coincidentally was in my interview group, already heard back and got accepted (=] for her, mucho =[ for me).

Rizo did you call? Any luck? I still haven't heard back but a friend of mine, who coincidentally was in my interview group, already heard back and got accepted (=] for her, mucho =[ for me).

Yeah i called a while ago. Turns out I was on the wait list. Got the letter eventually. If you didn't see it online and since your friend already got it, your probably on wait list too, I'd assume.
Lets see what happens now..lol
I'm much =[ like you too. But good luck to you man. Hope for your sake I'm wrong. :)

Does any one know the names of textbooks for the fall quarter?

Woo hoo I've been accepted!!! :soexcited: I actually found out last week Tuesday (7/20) but just didn't have time to go on this website to update my status. But I am officially a PS-1! Congrats to everyone who also got in, and for those of you who didn't... PLEASE don't give up! Work on your application and get more experience either in a pharmacy or even a hospital pharmacy as a volunteer. Take classes at a community college that mimic the first year of pharmacy school like pharmacology, biochemistry, and physiology... ACE THEM! Maybe consider retaking the PCAT and get a higher score. But do not give up!

With all that said, I am definintely super stoked about pharmacy school! Now my trip to Cancun, Mexico in mid-August with my girlfriend will be even more exciting and less stressful since I got in! Definitely gonna celebrate my acceptance down there! Best of luck to all of you and hope to see you soon at Midwestern on Orientation Day! :clap: