You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern University DPT Class of 2022
Started by PassionaTeaboutPT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
reginaphalange123
Full Member
Still waiting. When did your application get verified?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still waiting. When did your application get verified?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I applied as an early decision. Everything was verified by Aug 15th. On 8/24 I got an email inviting me for an interview for 9/12. I interviewed along with 11 other applicants.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! How do you know it's a group interview and that you're interviewing with 11 others?I applied as an early decision. Everything was verified by Aug 15th. On 8/24 I got an email inviting me for an interview for 9/12. I interviewed with 11 other applicants.
Congrats!! How do you know it's a group interview and that you're interviewing with 11 others?
Honestly, I wasn't expecting other applicants. It wasn't necessarily a group interview. Basically, we were all placed in a room. First, we were asked to do a writing sample. Then each student got a 15 min one on one interview.
wischme2015
Full Member
I have my interview with them on October 17th! Any advice or tips?Honestly, I wasn't expecting other applicants. It wasn't necessarily a group interview. Basically, we were all placed in a room. First, we were asked to do a writing sample. Then each student got a 15 min one on one interview.
I have my interview with them on October 17th! Any advice or tips?
How exciting! The interview itself was not as intimidating as I thought. It was more of a conversation than an actual interview. They asked each student different set of questions. While waiting for our interview, we played a game. Having that relaxed mind set honestly did calm my nerves. I recommend you do the same
Good luck on your interview.
If you have any more question, let me know
tsunamiBae07
Full Member
Hey! Just found out I got accepted to Midwestern (IL) this morning. Wondering if anyone else heard back from them?
Oh wow!!! Congrats!!
What were the questions they asked? Any tips? I have an upcoming interview and I’m so nervous. Also, can you share your stats?
I wrote a detailed post about the interview a few days ago. Here is the link for it: Midwestern University in Downers Grove, IL interview
This post may also help you out: Midwestern University (Downer's Grove) Interview Tips
This post may also help you out: Midwestern University (Downer's Grove) Interview Tips
Oh wow!!! Congrats!!
What were the questions they asked? Any tips? I have an upcoming interview and I’m so nervous. Also, can you share your stats?
Oh wow!!! Congrats!!
What were the questions they asked? Any tips? I have an upcoming interview and I’m so nervous. Also, can you share your stats?
With my lower stats, I knew my only chance of getting in was as an early decision candidate. One of the current PT students at Midwestern told me 11 out of 12 students who applied as ED the year prior got in.
Overall GPA: 3.46
Pre-Req GPA: 3.48-3.55 (depending on the school)
Post bacc GPA: 4.0
GRE: 151 Q/145 V/ 4 W
However, what I think made me stand out was my interview, experience in the field and both my letters of recommendation.
I know the tuition difference is substantial. For that reason alone I would choose NIU. I have a friend in the program and he has liked it so farHey! Looks like no one has posted here in a while but I just got accepted! However, I also got into NIUs DPT program and I'm having a really hard time deciding. Anyone see real pros and cons between the two?
You're right that is a big factor, thanks for the input and im glad your friend is liking it so far!I know the tuition difference is substantial. For that reason alone I would choose NIU. I have a friend in the program and he has liked it so far
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K