Midwestern University Interview Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivisesseaveterinarius

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Midwestern University on 10/21/15. Anyone who has already interviewed with them that has any tips it would be greatly appreciated? I know I read that the questions mainly focus on the essays I was wondering if there was anything else I needed to know?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at Midwestern University on 10/21/15. Anyone who has already interviewed with them that has any tips it would be greatly appreciated? I know I read that the questions mainly focus on the essays I was wondering if there was anything else I needed to know?

I've heard to dress nicely - suit perhaps, but don't wear heels because there is a lot of walking. Make sure to research their website, and have questions prepared to ask the interviewers. I don't know any specifics, sorry! But you could post in the Midwestern c/o 2020 applicants thread, or in last year's thread. Maybe they know more. :) best of luck to you!

Like Kata said, Look in last years c/o 19 thread. I interviewed this year and it is nearly identical to what they posted in there, not much has changed. :happy:

Definitely wear a suit, no heels, know about the school ahead of time (nothing crazy detailed though), but most of all relax! They are pretty low key in how they do things. It actually isn't super stressful. Day lasts from 7:30am-about 2:30pm, so be prepared for a long day!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should check out the Midwestern 2020 thread on this page of SDN. There's lots of useful info there. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!

I also have an interview tomorrow! Freaking out because I did not bring a suit.... I brought a loose fitted pencil knee length skirt, professional flats, stockings, a nice dressy/professional shirt that will be tucked into my skirt. I also brought a simple cardigan. Suits aren't really me..... Will that be an issue even if i rock the interview? If so i might as well just fly back to Massachusetts........

I also have an interview tomorrow! Freaking out because I did not bring a suit.... I brought a loose fitted pencil knee length skirt, professional flats, stockings, a nice dressy/professional shirt that will be tucked into my skirt. I also brought a simple cardigan. Suits aren't really me..... Will that be an issue even if i rock the interview? If so i might as well just fly back to Massachusetts........

You'll be okay! One or two people wore a cardigan my day, don't let it freak you out! I would recommend you buy a blazer for your next interviews though. I assume that most won't be as laid back as Midwestern.

You'll be okay! One or two people wore a cardigan my day, don't let it freak you out! I would recommend you buy a blazer for your next interviews though. I assume that most won't be as laid back as Midwestern.

I dressed similar to my LMU interview. I hope MWU doesn't deny me because of my outfit :(. I guess for the other interviews I'll buy a full suit! thank you!

There were some people in my interview wearing slacks and a blouse. I think you'll be okay!

I dressed similar to my LMU interview. I hope MWU doesn't deny me because of my outfit :(. I guess for the other interviews I'll buy a full suit! thank you!

Your personality is so much more important than your fashion sense! Honestly, don't worry about it! You'll do great! (I'm not saying you have bad fashion sense, please don't take it as that!)

If you do decide to get a blazer for future ones- H&M had some cute ones in the other day when I was there and they are only like $40 compared to buying a whole fancy expensive suit! If you can find one that matches your pencil skirt anyways!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I feel so much better!! I love H&M so I'll deff check it out!!!

Reactions: 1 users
It went wonderfully! LOVED THE SCHOOL!!!!!!!! Literally loved everything about it. I interviewed with Dr. Noah and Dr. Quinlin. Both very nice especially Dr. Noah. Non-stop talking, per usual me being me, and at the end of it Dr. Noah kept mentioning how great I did. So hoping to be accepted! :) We will be hearing in 3 weeks. After 11/9.

Reactions: 2 users
So excited for you! Congrats! :highfive:

It went wonderfully! LOVED THE SCHOOL!!!!!!!! Literally loved everything about it. I interviewed with Dr. Noah and Dr. Quinlin. Both very nice especially Dr. Noah. Non-stop talking, per usual me being me, and at the end of it Dr. Noah kept mentioning how great I did. So hoping to be accepted! :) We will be hearing in 3 weeks. After 11/9.

That's wonderful news!
excited-baby.gif

Reactions: 1 users