Midwestern University Master's of Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schlick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just recently been accepted to Master's of Biomedical Sciences Program at Midwestern U in Chicago. I applied to both DO and MD schools but did not get in. I have also been working as an oncology clinical trials coordinator for ~2 years. Many admissions committees recommend some kind of post bac/ master's work. Right now, I am leaning toward going to Midwestern. I would have to move to Chicago from Portland though. Anyone else heading up there or have any other info about this program?

Members don't see this ad.

Schlick said:
I have just recently been accepted to Master's of Biomedical Sciences Program at Midwestern U in Chicago. I applied to both DO and MD schools but did not get in. I have also been working as an oncology clinical trials coordinator for ~2 years. Many admissions committees recommend some kind of post bac/ master's work. Right now, I am leaning toward going to Midwestern. I would have to move to Chicago from Portland though. Anyone else heading up there or have any other info about this program?
Hi,

I am a student at MWU - Glendale. It is an excellent program which is very rigorous. It is expensive, though. However if you have the $ and the academic prowess, I highly recommend it! You will spend 1 or 2 years studying the same subjects that you do in med school.

I was accepted to this program, however, I decided not to accept the offer. I hope that was not a mistake (I also was accepted to LECOM's post-bacc. program). I just felt like the Midwestern program would take a long time and it also seemed to have a lot of research involved.