Midwestern University Master's of Biomedical Sciences

Started by Schlick
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Schlick

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have just recently been accepted to Master's of Biomedical Sciences Program at Midwestern U in Chicago. I applied to both DO and MD schools but did not get in. I have also been working as an oncology clinical trials coordinator for ~2 years. Many admissions committees recommend some kind of post bac/ master's work. Right now, I am leaning toward going to Midwestern. I would have to move to Chicago from Portland though. Anyone else heading up there or have any other info about this program?
 
Schlick said:
I have just recently been accepted to Master's of Biomedical Sciences Program at Midwestern U in Chicago. I applied to both DO and MD schools but did not get in. I have also been working as an oncology clinical trials coordinator for ~2 years. Many admissions committees recommend some kind of post bac/ master's work. Right now, I am leaning toward going to Midwestern. I would have to move to Chicago from Portland though. Anyone else heading up there or have any other info about this program?
Hi,

I am a student at MWU - Glendale. It is an excellent program which is very rigorous. It is expensive, though. However if you have the $ and the academic prowess, I highly recommend it! You will spend 1 or 2 years studying the same subjects that you do in med school.
 
I was accepted to this program, however, I decided not to accept the offer. I hope that was not a mistake (I also was accepted to LECOM's post-bacc. program). I just felt like the Midwestern program would take a long time and it also seemed to have a lot of research involved.