Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
keep your heads up and be patient guys! like BriDMD said people will get accepted all the way into summer and there is NO RANK to the waitlist! so be smart and keep your name in the game by calling and touring and asking crazy questions so your name gets said a lot! hey, sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil right! haha seriously, it makes a difference when you get them to memorize/recognize your name!you'll get the call soon enough!

Members don't see this ad.

MWU wait-listers.. keep your head high! I interviewed in October, wait-listed through late June, then accepted.. it's definitely possible!! Just keep in touch with them, any other letters of rec you can send definitely help as well :)

LOTS of people withdraw due to MWU's $$ (for ALL programs). When I called in March all spots were full.. they were accepting into August.

Dr. Polk (he's male, btw) is a riot. Very fun. Dr. Zais is everyone's surrogate grandpa-- don't knock the Zais. :)

Here's hoping I get accepted off the wait list.... Waiting, putting your life on hold and stressing every day out the "what if's" is really hard. I feel like all my hard work up to this point is for naught if I don't get accepted. You will all think this is dumb, but I feel like a looser for not being accepted yet. I interviewed back in November. UGH.... At this point I would donate my left kidney to be accepted. jk... :D

Here's hoping I get accepted off the wait list.... Waiting, putting your life on hold and stressing every day out the "what if's" is really hard. I feel like all my hard work up to this point is for naught if I don't get accepted. You will all think this is dumb, but I feel like a looser for not being accepted yet. I interviewed back in November. UGH.... At this point I would donate my left kidney to be accepted. jk... :D

Ahh, cheer up little lady! I interviewed in Nov '07 and finally got accepted about 9.5 months later! Ya, I got a call the day before classes started so trust me, I totally know the feelings you are feeling and do you know what, so do thousands of other applicants. I had already reapplied to schools and had interviews lined up for the next year when I got in. Work hard so you can report to the admissions office your progress and try to stay positive and let the whole experience strengthen you. Easier said than done but you can do it! Hope to see you here in the Fall, MWU is an awesome place to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying this year....3.1 GPA, 2.8 science (I know, it's rough.) I have 7,000 hours community service & 200 hrs. shadowing. Taking my DAT in August. Excellent LOR's and Personal statement but is it a waste to apply this year? THANK YOU!

Do you mind me asking what your sats were? Congrats!!!

I am applying this year....3.1 GPA, 2.8 science (I know, it's rough.) I have 7,000 hours community service & 200 hrs. shadowing. Taking my DAT in August. Excellent LOR's and Personal statement but is it a waste to apply this year? THANK YOU!

you might have a tough go at it this year. looks like a lot hangs in the balance w/ your dat.

i am applying this year....3.1 gpa, 2.8 science (i know, it's rough.) i have 7,000 hours community service & 200 hrs. Shadowing. Taking my dat in august. Excellent lor's and personal statement but is it a waste to apply this year? Thank you!

I understand. Unfortunately I have SO many credits in addition to my bachelors degree and it will take 3 semesters just to get my GPA to a 3.3! I study 8 hrs a day with kaplan and dat destroyer....any advice on what else I should do to get a great dat score? I need all the help I can get, thanks!

I think TimWatley is questioning my community service hours...I have been building my hours for over 10 years including a full time 2 year service mission to Bolivia...

What else did you do to prepare for the DAT? I am willing to buy any books or any products that will help me out.... Already have DAT destroyer and Kaplan...Thanks!

I think TimWatley is questioning my community service hours...I have been building my hours for over 10 years including a full time 2 year service mission to Bolivia...
You should apply to Arizona, volunteer hours is soooo important to them.

RG2003... just a heads up...
If your two year "service mission" to Bolivia was what I think it was, a full time pros mission for the LDS church, and not an actual service mission, you are going to want to avoid listing it as community service. I am sure you did community service, but that wasn't what you did for the most part, nor why the church sent you down there.
AdComs know what an LDS mission is, and if they see you're trying to list it as community service, they will automatically think you are trying to pad your application, and that doesn't look good. Make sure you're honest with what it really was.