migrating, new job, new everything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreddiePrinze

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys.

summing up my intro, am Fred, live in the UK and work as a pharmacist.

but to cut a long story short, i'm moving to Brazil in a few months. my father originates from there, but moved to the UK after he got married to my mother. basically their marriage didn't work out and my father moved back to Brazil, though he'd always come over for the holidays.

but my mother passed away 5 years ago in an accident and to be honest, i'm finding life in the UK without her more than difficult... quite impossible in fact. i was very close to my mother, i like to believe i still am, but it's just too hard without her around.

i suffered from depression for some time, but i'm slowly getting out of it now and my father has asked me to move over to Brazil. it's quite a drastic change, but somehow it feels right. maybe it's his way of telling me he wants to catch up on the lost time.

but well, here's the problem: what are the other jobs which i can consider in the pharmaceutical field? i'd love to keep my current job and exerce the same in Brazil, i.e, pharmacist. i've been doing some research and have found some pharmacies in this directory, http://www.drugdelivery.ca/xx-BR-31-A-xx/Tocantins-Pharmacy.aspx which i will start contacting shortly.

but would love some responses from you guys.

and do you think that i'm making the right choice by starting everything from scratch in Brazil?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys.

summing up my intro, am Fred, live in the UK and work as a pharmacist.

but to cut a long story short, i'm moving to Brazil in a few months. my father originates from there, but moved to the UK after he got married to my mother. basically their marriage didn't work out and my father moved back to Brazil, though he'd always come over for the holidays.

but my mother passed away 5 years ago in an accident and to be honest, i'm finding life in the UK without her more than difficult... quite impossible in fact. i was very close to my mother, i like to believe i still am, but it's just too hard without her around.

i suffered from depression for some time, but i'm slowly getting out of it now and my father has asked me to move over to Brazil. it's quite a drastic change, but somehow it feels right. maybe it's his way of telling me he wants to catch up on the lost time.

but well, here's the problem: what are the other jobs which i can consider in the pharmaceutical field? i'd love to keep my current job and exerce the same in Brazil, i.e, pharmacist. i've been doing some research and have found some pharmacies in this directory, http://www.drugdelivery.ca/xx-BR-31-A-xx/Tocantins-Pharmacy.aspx which i will start contacting shortly.

but would love some responses from you guys.

and do you think that i'm making the right choice by starting everything from scratch in Brazil?

You're not really starting from scratch, because you're father lives in Brazil. I think you should talk to your father about pharmacy a little, just to get a native's view, and then supplement that with research. Things will probably be very different for you in South America, but as long as you can get a decent job and have enough money, I would go.
Do you have British citizenship? If so, you don't have very much to lose, because you could always go back to Britain if necessary.
Hopefully you speak Portuguese or Spanish!