You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mil, Sevo, and other bikers
Started by lvspro
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lvspro said:So... here's the deal.
I got an offer to pick up a 2005, CBR1000RR, w/3500 miles on it for a little ovver 7000. 2 Questions: 1. Is it worth it 2. Can I sell this thing for... say... 8500?
Lemme know studs.
Ever been laid down?
Tires?
Any after market stuff...power commander, etc?
Sounds like a good deal...That is one very HOT bike. I think more bike than I can handle.....
militarymd said:Ever been laid down?
Tires?
Any after market stuff...power commander, etc?
Sounds like a good deal...That is one very HOT bike. I think more bike than I can handle.....
Tires are in good condition, and here's his description of the bike.
I am the original owner, and it has had all the routine maintenance done on schedule, and is in perfect working order. It has never been down, and is garage kept and adult owned. More pics of the bike available upon request. There are one or two TINY scuffs on the tailsection, from putting my leg over it when getting on. I AM INCLUDING A NEW TAILSECTION in the auction, because I bought it to hold on to and install when the original becomes more scuffed up. If you want, I could switch them out when you pick the bike up- it's only 4 bolts.
The only mods done to the bike are the LASER EXTREME exhaust and clear turn signal lenses. The exhaust is rare, and guaranteed to get the looks when you ride with it! It has a nice, deep note to it, and the baffle inside it can be switched to street-legal noise levels very easily (for when you get the bike inspected...) and the original exhaust will also be included in the package for the winning bidder if you want it. The turn signal lenses are clear, but have amber bulbs in them to keep everything legal. They only appear amber when lit. The original lenses and bulbs will be included as well.
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm getting a w***y looking at the pics....
militarymd said:I'm getting a w***y looking at the pics....
That thing is a friggin beast!!
Anyhow, back to my questions. You answered the deal question.
I wanna ride it for like a year, and get rid of it early next yr for a newer model. You think this thing will hold it's value at around 8000-8500?
lvspro said:![]()
That thing is a friggin beast!!
Anyhow, back to my questions. You answered the deal question.
I wanna ride it for like a year, and get rid of it early next yr for a newer model. You think this thing will hold it's value at around 8000-8500?
I don't know.
militarymd said:I don't know.
I think I'm just gonna go for it. I'm feeling pretty confident about this buy, and am willing to gamble that I'll at least get what I paid for it. I got this itch for a bike, and am afraid I can't scratch it with my off-road activities anymore.
Bro,
Nice bike. No doubt. The kelley suggested blue book is $8500. This is where you are supposed to start negotiating with a dealer for the bike. So, at $7000 you are definitely ahead.
One of the main things I thought about before picking up my gixer was tax, registration and insurance. I picked up a 2001 750 gixer, a beauty of a machine with all sorts of extras (including custom seats, 7 piece yosh, accelerator kit, blue-matching tint to my screen, flush lights, new tires, etc...very capable of hitting 200mph.).
Registering and insuring a 2001 is much cheaper, especially if you just get basic ($250 a year). Now, for a 2005 cbr1000rr you may be facing a lot more than you think, especially if you are going to get full coverage (can be as much as $2000). Before you buy it, look into it and figure out how much you are going to pay. If you don't care and don't have a budget.... well.... she's a very foxy piece of machinery... I really like the dual exhaust look... definately will get people looking/staring. 😱
Next year, you should be able to get your money back if you don't put a lot into the bike and you keep it as is (+/- tax, registration, insurance).
Most importantly, make sure you are totally in love with your piece (which you should be given those pics)... get exactly what you want! In my book, I didn't want to take any comprimises when it came down to the bike I wanted. Now, when I go into my garage and see it... I get instantaneous euphoria.... If there is no other bike on the market you would rather have (within your budget)... then get it and have fun 😀
Those 15 min. on the bike on the way to the hospital really chill me out by the time I hit the OR/floors. The ride home is just as nice! 👍
Hope this helps.
Nice bike. No doubt. The kelley suggested blue book is $8500. This is where you are supposed to start negotiating with a dealer for the bike. So, at $7000 you are definitely ahead.
One of the main things I thought about before picking up my gixer was tax, registration and insurance. I picked up a 2001 750 gixer, a beauty of a machine with all sorts of extras (including custom seats, 7 piece yosh, accelerator kit, blue-matching tint to my screen, flush lights, new tires, etc...very capable of hitting 200mph.).
Registering and insuring a 2001 is much cheaper, especially if you just get basic ($250 a year). Now, for a 2005 cbr1000rr you may be facing a lot more than you think, especially if you are going to get full coverage (can be as much as $2000). Before you buy it, look into it and figure out how much you are going to pay. If you don't care and don't have a budget.... well.... she's a very foxy piece of machinery... I really like the dual exhaust look... definately will get people looking/staring. 😱
Next year, you should be able to get your money back if you don't put a lot into the bike and you keep it as is (+/- tax, registration, insurance).
Most importantly, make sure you are totally in love with your piece (which you should be given those pics)... get exactly what you want! In my book, I didn't want to take any comprimises when it came down to the bike I wanted. Now, when I go into my garage and see it... I get instantaneous euphoria.... If there is no other bike on the market you would rather have (within your budget)... then get it and have fun 😀
Those 15 min. on the bike on the way to the hospital really chill me out by the time I hit the OR/floors. The ride home is just as nice! 👍
Hope this helps.
sevoflurane said:Bro,
Nice bike. No doubt. The kelley suggested blue book is $8500. This is where you are supposed to start negotiating with a dealer for the bike. So, at $7000 you are definitely ahead.
One of the main things I thought about before picking up my gixer was tax, registration and insurance. I picked up a 2001 750 gixer, a beauty of a machine with all sorts of extras (including custom seats, 7 piece yosh, accelerator kit, blue-matching tint to my screen, flush lights, new tires, etc...very capable of hitting 200mph.).
Registering and insuring a 2001 is much cheaper, especially if you just get basic ($250 a year). Now, for a 2005 cbr1000rr you may be facing a lot more than you think, especially if you are going to get full coverage (can be as much as $2000). Before you buy it, look into it and figure out how much you are going to pay. If you don't care and don't have a budget.... well.... she's a very foxy piece of machinery... I really like the dual exhaust look... definately will get people looking/staring. 😱
Next year, you should be able to get your money back if you don't put a lot into the bike and you keep it as is (+/- tax, registration, insurance).
Most importantly, make sure you are totally in love with your piece (which you should be given those pics)... get exactly what you want! In my book, I didn't want to take any comprimises when it came down to the bike I wanted. Now, when I go into my garage and see it... I get instantaneous euphoria.... If there is no other bike on the market you would rather have (within your budget)... then get it and have fun 😀
Those 15 min. on the bike on the way to the hospital really chill me out by the time I hit the OR/floors. The ride home is just as nice! 👍
Hope this helps.
Sevo
Apparently my balls trump my mind, and I'm going to pick it up this week. If it maintains its value, then good, but if not, at least I get to have this cool toy to ride to work for the summer.
what parts of the country are you guys?
militarymd said:what parts of the country are you guys?
I'm in Metro Detroit, MI.
lvspro said:Sevo
Apparently my balls trump my mind, and I'm going to pick it up this week. If it maintains its value, then good, but if not, at least I get to have this cool toy to ride to work for the summer.
Hell yeah!!! You just have to think of all the gas $$$$ you are going to save riding rather than driving.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sevoflurane said:Hell yeah!!! You just have to think of all the gas $$$$ you are going to save riding rather than driving.
👍 👍
militarymd said:what parts of the country are you guys?
Currently Rochester, New York. Starting Jun 23rd I'll be in Pennsylvania (will be passn' gas with my better half during the last three years of our residency).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 500