Military while at Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skoundrel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had the Military pay for their education while at Ross University Med?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think the military will pay for Ross, SGU, or any of the other Carribean schools except for the LCME accredited schools on Puerto Rico, like Ponce.

There are 3 ways the military pays for your medical education:

1) You attend the Uniformed Health Services University F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine.

2) You are on the Health Professions Scholarship program (open only to LCME and AOA schools) while you are in school.

3) You are a licensed physician in the U.S. (open to graduates of LCME, AOA, and foreign schools).

The overall amount of money you get is in decreasing order of the above options.

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew a guy who purported to having had his medical education paid by the Air Force while he was attending Ross. Again, I can't verify this information, although I knew him and he claimed that he had gone to basic the summer before he left for Ross and that he was on some sort of "GI bill" that was paying his tuition.

And, of course, there's this:

http://www.gibill.va.gov/education/OS_Trng.htm

-Skip

G.I. Bill is for someone who has been in the military and paid into the system. He was probably prior enlisted then got out and decided to got to med school. The reserves offer some G.I. money but not as much as if you have been active duty.

AFVET said:
G.I. Bill is for someone who has been in the military and paid into the system. He was probably prior enlisted then got out and decided to got to med school. The reserves offer some G.I. money but not as much as if you have been active duty.

Ah! Could be. I don't know the specifics. Thanks for clarifying.

-Skip