Mills College 2014 Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuredoc1027

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I just wanted to start a thread so we can all share our experiences as the post bad program application deadline gets closer and so we can get to meet each other once we are in and before we start the program!! I am going to be applying I hope I get in! 🙂
 
Last edited:
I plan on applying. I am still doing some stuff to improve my application and unfortunately will not be submitting my app until the end of January. Mind sharing some stats? I am going to be taking the GRE because of lackluster SAT scores. Who knew they would care about something from high school?!
 
I plan on applying. I am still doing some stuff to improve my application and unfortunately will not be submitting my app until the end of January. Mind sharing some stats? I am going to be taking the GRE because of lackluster SAT scores. Who knew they would care about something from high school?!
I actually decided to hold off until the spring semester because I want to work on my undergrad GPA a bit more 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh alright... On the Mills portal page it lists the dates all materials were received (for future reference).
 
An update for what it's worth, I called them yesterday and was told that the official letters will arive next week.
 
Update: Letters are definitely out. I received an email today around noon. Looks like I'll be going to Mills starting this fall! Very excited.
 
BenjaminSF,
Congrats! Did you receive a letter via email or mail?
I haven't received anything via email or mail... ahhh!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that didn't receive an acceptance email, myself included, does that mean we were not accepted to Mills? Thanks.
 
As far as I understand from reading threads about previous application years, they may come throughout the next week. I'm sure that they wouldn't leave you hanging in the wind; I also spoke to their office, and they said that the letters should all be out this week. Some people last year got theirs by the 4th or so.
 
As far as me understand from readin' threads about previous application years, they may come throughout t' next week. me be sure that they wouldn't leave ye hangin' in t' wind; me also spoke to their office, and they said that t' letters should all be out this week. Some people last year got theirs by t' 4th or so.
Thank you for the clarification. Congrats on the acceptance!
 
I'd hold off-- to be honest, I'm surprised I even got in. I almost thought that with tht etiming of it, that it was an April Fool's Day joke-- but I am prety sure it's real LOL. I'm not sure about anyone else who got in, but I did receive a letter warning me that because of my sub3.5 science GPA, that they haven't had as much success with allopathic schools which to me, just goes to show how honest they are with the program. I haven't heard much else about it, but I am excited and have heard only positivies about Mills.

I can't wait to attend. 🙂
 
Officially declined. Reason cited was to take Gen Chem at a CC. Good luck to the rest of you and enjoy.
 
Also recently received my acceptance and will be attending in the fall! Has anyone received news on housing information? New to the bay, looking forward to meeting some of you guys 🙂
 
I am attending in the fall! I am thinking to live in the Mills/Oakland Hills area. Is there an online facebook group of students attending this fall?
 
I think there's an online facebook group for the program in general, but I'm also looking for roommates if anyone else is! I've heard most people who live off campus live in Berkeley, as there is a shuttle that runs to and from there that Mills provides.