Mills College 2014 Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc1027

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to start a thread so we can all share our experiences as the post bad program application deadline gets closer and so we can get to meet each other once we are in and before we start the program!! I am going to be applying I hope I get in! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I plan on applying. I am still doing some stuff to improve my application and unfortunately will not be submitting my app until the end of January. Mind sharing some stats? I am going to be taking the GRE because of lackluster SAT scores. Who knew they would care about something from high school?!

I plan on applying. I am still doing some stuff to improve my application and unfortunately will not be submitting my app until the end of January. Mind sharing some stats? I am going to be taking the GRE because of lackluster SAT scores. Who knew they would care about something from high school?!
I actually decided to hold off until the spring semester because I want to work on my undergrad GPA a bit more :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am applying here, FWIW.

Not yet- I had to ask them if they received any of my scores, so I'm still waiting.

Oh alright... On the Mills portal page it lists the dates all materials were received (for future reference).

My d@mn SAT's have yet to be recieved after a month's wait...

I just called Mills and they said they are going to start notifying applicants late March -__-

An update for what it's worth, I called them yesterday and was told that the official letters will arive next week.

Update: Letters are definitely out. I received an email today around noon. Looks like I'll be going to Mills starting this fall! Very excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
BenjaminSF,
Congrats! Did you receive a letter via email or mail?
I haven't received anything via email or mail... ahhh!

For those that didn't receive an acceptance email, myself included, does that mean we were not accepted to Mills? Thanks.

As far as I understand from reading threads about previous application years, they may come throughout the next week. I'm sure that they wouldn't leave you hanging in the wind; I also spoke to their office, and they said that the letters should all be out this week. Some people last year got theirs by the 4th or so.

As far as me understand from readin' threads about previous application years, they may come throughout t' next week. me be sure that they wouldn't leave ye hangin' in t' wind; me also spoke to their office, and they said that t' letters should all be out this week. Some people last year got theirs by t' 4th or so.
Thank you for the clarification. Congrats on the acceptance!

I'd hold off-- to be honest, I'm surprised I even got in. I almost thought that with tht etiming of it, that it was an April Fool's Day joke-- but I am prety sure it's real LOL. I'm not sure about anyone else who got in, but I did receive a letter warning me that because of my sub3.5 science GPA, that they haven't had as much success with allopathic schools which to me, just goes to show how honest they are with the program. I haven't heard much else about it, but I am excited and have heard only positivies about Mills.

I can't wait to attend. :)

For those that didn't receive an acceptance email, myself included, does that mean we were not accepted to Mills? Thanks.
I believe you are correct.

I believe you are correct.
Might not-- one of the admissions directors emailed me back saying that Mills emailed me my acceptance letter. It could be perfectly feasible that they also sent out hard copies?

Officially declined. Reason cited was to take Gen Chem at a CC. Good luck to the rest of you and enjoy.

So, question-- who is attending Mills' program in the fall?
Also, do you have any stats?

I'm attending in the fall! Where do students live who don't want to be on campus?

Also recently received my acceptance and will be attending in the fall! Has anyone received news on housing information? New to the bay, looking forward to meeting some of you guys :)

I am attending in the fall! I am thinking to live in the Mills/Oakland Hills area. Is there an online facebook group of students attending this fall?

I think there's an online facebook group for the program in general, but I'm also looking for roommates if anyone else is! I've heard most people who live off campus live in Berkeley, as there is a shuttle that runs to and from there that Mills provides.