Mills Postbac Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FourRunner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody -

I have seen these threads floating around for past application seasons, and I would love to have a thread running when we all hear back from Mills (Fall 2015 postbac). Who all applied? Have you heard back yet? Where does Mills fall in terms of your options for next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed at SFSU Saturday 3/14 and received my SFSU acceptance today.

Waiting to hear back from LMU and Mills still.

In terms of my preferences SFSU and Mills are tied neck and neck.

Cost is a huge factor. As is the biochem/org chem overlap in year 2 at Mills. The lack of a summer session weighs heavily. But I've been deeply impressed by Jo and the professors I've had the pleasure of sitting in on classes with...at Mills. I need to return to SFSU and sit in on classes now that I'm accepted.

Ultimately I believe that it'll be a question of acceptances and financial aid, assuming I get into both Mills and SFSU, of course. If not, SFSU Cohort 10!

Last edited:
Looks like responses came out on Friday! I will likely be attending the program.

Queenofspades, did you come to a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard anything from them. Mail or email? I'm out of town for the next 3 weeks and requested an email from them with their decision. I wonder what happened...looking in my inbox now again.

Did you get an email notification?

I got an email acceptance on Thursday from LMU and SFSU over a week ago now.

I received an email. Did you happen to apply before the priority deadline (February 1)? It's also totally possible that they are still sending out admissions notifications and that I heard back during the earlier set of emails.

My application was in and complete in December. :)

I am sure that you're right and they are in process, but it's rather maddening since Sfsu starts in June. So I need to know ASAP! Lots of details to figure out. I guess I can be patient for one more day...calling them tomorrow to check in.

Excellent idea. I went to visit and also sat in on classes and spoke to students at Mills. Going back up to SFSU to sit in on classes this week to compare and get a feel for the difference between the two. Mills was extremely impressive - the classes I attended were Physics and Gen Chem. Loved them!

So frustrating. So you got something in the US mail but no emails? I haven't heard anything. LMU sent emails reminding me to make a decision in the next couple of days. The deadline for them is end of the week. This whole everyone on their own unrelated schedules is really bizarre, no?

I've checked my spam, my junk, every day. It's simply bizarre. I've also sent them a couple of emails in the last few weeks, one specifically to follow up on a voicemail to which I never received a reply. None of those emails have ever been responded to...so I ended up emailing Jo directly in one case. I'm not sure what to think.

I am calling them today. Update to follow.

Called, left a voicemail for Erin Connolly and followed up with an email to the generic [email protected] account, her email and cc'ed Jo.

LMU wants an answer by Thursday!

Same here. I just got an email from Jo confirming my acceptance as well! SO EXCITED!!! Now to figure out between SFSU and Mills....deep breath.

Have either of you come to a decision about which program to attend?

I'm going to Mills. I've decided! How about you?

Sounds like we'll be classmates - I decided on Mills as well!

AWESOME! I look forward to meeting you. Are you SF local or moving up there for school? I'm looking at finding a place off-campus and am deliberating where, etc. I've already seen one awesome place which is biking distance (1-2 min drive) from campus in Maxwell Park. Supersweet bungalow but unfortunately it was rented before I finished my application. Debating between finding a (premed post bacc) roommate or living solo....

I look forward to meeting you too!
I'm not from SF, although I am originally from the Bay Area. Are you a local as well?
It's a bit of a commute to Mills (1-1.5 hours there depending on traffic), so I'm thinking of moving closer. I've mainly been thinking about on-campus housing (particularly the apartments), and I think I will likely go for that option.

Last edited:
I live in LA. But I'm coming with three cats so the on-campus housing won't work for me unfortunately. I'm going to email the graduate admissions team and ask if there's an email list for our cohort that I can alert to potential co-housing. Unless I find something super cheap and reasonable for 1 person and cats of course!
;-)

If on campus allowed felines I'd totally do that!

Oh, that's totally understandable - cats are crucial. Good luck in the housing search!