Mind checking out my study schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkeyjerky

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd be much obliged if anyone would offer suggestions on my schedule.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• step1 study schedule.docx
    19.4 KB · Views: 343
I'm gonna go ahead and take your schedule literally and suggest that you budget time for lunch. It'll give you a mid-day break and allow you to refuel. Studying that hard is really taxing, and you'll feel the burn if you don't load up on some calories between 7 AM and 6 PM.

I'd also suggest making more time for practice questions during the first few weeks and moving the practice question blocks from morning to night. That way, you'll use them to cement what you know (and studied during the day) and to learn new things at the same time instead of mostly just learning. 2 hours sounds like enough time for one question block with explanation reading and some extra time (usually takes me about 80 minutes, I'd guess). Personally, I think I'd want to do 2 blocks per day.

yeah, my schedule above isn't exactly clear on how i plan to actually spend my time. i was planning on doing a block of random block of uworld in the morning, then reading and doing targeted questions from brs or kaplan qbook. (don't worry, i'll definitely be eating throughout the day too)

I'd be much obliged if anyone would offer suggestions on my schedule.

Thanks
It's good that you're starting out with basic principles and then going into organ systems. However, I think you may need more time for biochem and micro/immuno.

I would allot 3 days for FA cramming before exam day.

What resources are you using? Or are you just plowing through FA and UW? People have giant lists of books they intend to use but I can't see how they would be able to focus their review with all that junk in 4-5 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
i hit biochem pretty hard during spring break, so i figure a day is sufficient to review. i'm planning on using FA, RR path, brs phys, hy neuro, and hy behavior. i also have brenner's pharm flash cards and microcards.

one more question, what's a better pathology questions source, webpath or robbins review?

I think Robbins is probably too specific for board review. There's a bunch of stuff in there I can't see us ever needing to know for Step 1, such as specific genes that cause conditions and their typical locations on chromosomes. That said, if you're willing to go through it and just ignore the questions that obviously are way too detailed, it'll be a great resource. I plan on using it, personally. WebPath is great, too, but seems to focus on just a couple of conditions in its questions sets. That is, you might get 3 questions that have to do with endometriosis out of the 40 on female GU. In short, I'd use both, but if you have to choose, I'd go with Robbins and a discerning eye for the WTF? questions.