Mini bag vs. non-mini bag IV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nampa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in purpose between a mini bag 100ml vs. a 100ml bag of saline? The hospital doesn't want us to use the 100ml bags. Is this pop on related? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, mini bags just pop together. Easier for pharmacy and less risk of infection if you have RNs popping them out on the floor.

Love the BUD on those mini bags

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
The pop together is actually called Minibag+ to my knowledge. There is a regular minibag that does not contain the pop on port. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

100mL Minibag+ are hard to get/backordered due to pandemic though.

Confetti what is the BUD on them?

Last edited:
The pop together is actually called Minibag+ to my knowledge. There is a regular minibag that does not contain the pop on port. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So what is the non-port minibag used for? Also, what is the name of the bags that are exclusively designated as pop-one with an adapter? ADV bag?

So what is the non-port minibag used for? Also, what is the name of the bags that are exclusively designated as pop-one with an adapter? ADV bag?

Compounding sterile products or letting RN staff make products on the floor (ie injecting 100mg phenytoin) for immediate use.

Ah I forgot exactly, but when connected in a 797 compliant hood it’s like 6-8 weeks? Don’t quote me on that, depends on manf. of bag/connector.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN