Minimum Competitive DAT Score.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Smiley J

Hey guys!

I graduated from UAB Cum Laude with a 3.52 overall gpa in Biology with minors in Chemistry, Spanish, and Psychology. My science gpa is also a 3.52 and my bcp is a 3.70. My gpa has an upward trend and all credits are from a 4 year university. I'm a 24 year old hispanic female.

I have 150 hours of volunteering (including high school volunteering). Currently I have 12 hours of shadowing but I plan on shadowing for at least 30 more hours. I also did undergraduate research with Diamondback Terrapins but I am not published. I believe my LORs are strong.

What minimum DAT score would be competitive for my instate dental school (University of Alabama Birmingham)?

I'm scheduled to take my DAT June 14, 2011.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of minors there. The minor is Spanish probably helps. I'm not sure how heavily, but I would think that is a valuable thing to have. Your GPA is pretty good, I'd say if you hit the average DAT mark for UAB, which is a 19, you have a pretty good chance at an interview. But these things are pretty subjective I guess.

UAB is my school of choice as well, so hopefully I'll see you there! :)