Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
California
Status
Pre-Dental
If this thread is redundant of anything already been said in the forum, delete it or let me know...I couldn't find anything except a little bit on the PAT. :confused:

Does anybody know what most school's minimum DAT scores are for each section? I know Tufts is 16/16/15 (no breakdown for subsections). I talked with soembody on the phone at UOP who told me they won't look at you unless you've got a 19+ on ALL sections (their website says otherwise--the minimum is 16 on any given section)

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
There's absolutely no way to get in if you only get the minimum scores across the board. They're saying it's ok to have great scores except for maybe one that's somewhat low, but still above the minimum cutoff. Obviously, higher the score the better and the way UOP's selection process is, they prefer high DAT scores across the board. The only section you could probably get a 16 in and still get in would be QR, but your other scores would have to be high enough to offset it.

OP
Lucass

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
California
Status
Pre-Dental
crazy_sherm said:
There's absolutely no way to get in if you only get the minimum scores across the board. They're saying it's ok to have great scores except for maybe one that's somewhat low, but still above the minimum cutoff. Obviously, higher the score the better and the way UOP's selection process is, they prefer high DAT scores across the board. The only section you could probably get a 16 in and still get in would be QR, but your other scores would have to be high enough to offset it.
Thanks for the quick response Sherm. But that's exactly my problem...I've got a low QR score. My other scores are fine and offset it. But if the lady on the phone at UOP is right and they won't even look at you unless you've got at least a 19 on the QR then I'm in bad shape.

About the Ads

prez_al

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Lucass said:
Thanks for the quick response Sherm. But that's exactly my problem...I've got a low QR score. My other scores are fine and offset it. But if the lady on the phone at UOP is right and they won't even look at you unless you've got at least a 19 on the QR then I'm in bad shape.
Yeah, I got a similar response from them... UoP was like.... with my scores I'll most likely get waitlisted even with my other scores and GPA offsetting my avg. PAT score.

UtahDad

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I hope that is true...I got a 16 on my QR that has me pretty worried!!

About the Ads