Minimum MCAT required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JerzeyMan721

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a quick question as far as post-bacc programs go....do you need a min. MCAT score to be accepted into most post-bacc programs?? and If so what is it??
 
post bacs will generally prepare you for the MCAT. They will want your SAT score and maybe a GRE.

SMPs will generally require an MCAT above 27-30.
 
between 27-30 that is pretty high....I didn't think it would be that high, i figured it would be around 22 min. or something
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahh gotcha DrMidlife....sorry I confused myself a little before...but one thing...if I need to show med schools that I can handle the course load would it be advantageous for me to do a post-bacc or a SMP program? b/c my mcat scores are a little under-par as well??