Minimum Pcat Score for Mercer?

Started by dumbguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dumbguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok, I got an interview for Mercer on Feb. 23rd and have interviewed at other schools and waiting.

I know I have the pcat score to interview there but I've been hearing about many students who interview there and did not get accepted because they have to improve their pcat score.

Since I did not retake the pcat score, I want to know what is the mininmum pcat score to get accepted there? I had a 72 overall which is pretty bad in my opinion but good enought to get an interview. Should I buy a 500 dollar ticket and 100 dollar hotel reservation to interview there or will it be a waste of my money and time?
 
Invest in the interview! I have no idea what your other stats may look like but if you haven't yet received an acceptance letter, you'd be a pretty "dumbguy" (cheesy, I know - I'm in one of those moods, though 😛 )to throw away an opportunity at Mercer.

Here's what happened with me last year:

Applied to:

U of Georgia...denied quickly (out-of-state applicant)
Mercer...interviewed
PBA...interviewed (while waiting on decision from Mercer - cost about 800$ for me to fly down, etc.)
Samford...interviewed (while waiting on above to schools to reach a decision)

Accepted at Mercer not long after interviewing at Samford. Received acceptance letter from PBA shortly thereafter. I paid my deposit at Mercer, declined PBA and waited to hear from Samford (which was my first choice at the time because it was only about 15 minutes from my house). Finally waitlisted at Samford, so things didn't turn out the way I had planned; however, I was accepted and assured of a seat in school! That was the most important thing, and I considered the money I spent on interviews, etc. well worth it.

By the way, my stats at the time were: 3.95 GPA, 75 PCAT, 6 years experience as a certified tech, and no degree (all classes taken at a local CC).

The moral of this rather convoluted story: Cover your bases and remember that the adcoms look at more than JUST your PCAT score!

Hope that helps and good luck to you :luck:
 
Their average in 2005-06 was 85 with a GPA from 3.3-3.6. They anticipate receiving about 2400 applications this year. Now, most likely you're going to have to have some extracurriculars and an awesome personality in order to be competitive with a composite of 72. On the bright side, they intend on giving out about 240 acceptance letters with a fall starting class of roughly 150; UGA usually gobbles up their initial candidates. Good luck on your interview.
 
I guess I was mistaken about the website posting a minimum PCAT score that would be accepted. Sorry about that 😳

Here's what I did find (from www.mercer.edu/pharmacy/requirements/htm):
"The completive grade point average and PCAT score in order to qualify for a required personal interview will be determined by the overall strength of the applicant pool."

I guess I was way below the average last year with my score - maybe that gives you a little hope, though...