Minimum units for prerequisites, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.E

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed some schools have a 6 unit minimum requirement for the prerequisites. Anyone get interviewed with only 6 units (full two semesters) in g-chem, o-chem and so on? If so, what school?

Members don't see this ad.

i think u mean 6 units minimum for each subjects. i.e. 6 units in chemistry, 6 units in biology, and 6 units in organic chemistry. most schools will interview without all the prerequesites being done. they just make you sign a paper stating that you will finish those courses prior to mitriculation.

Mr.E said:
I noticed some schools have a 6 unit minimum requirement for the prerequisites. Anyone get interviewed with only 6 units (full two semesters) in g-chem, o-chem and so on? If so, what school?

As far as I know, ALL schools require two semesters of each of the above mentioned subjects, ie 2 semesters of general, 2 of organic, 2 of biology, and 2 of physics. Some schools have requesites above and beyond those, such as one semester of biochemistry.

You can certainly apply without having finished those courses.