Minnesota acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BAMBAM

BAMBAM
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
U of M ...after being an alternate last year, I finally received an acceptance email yesterday...just wondering if anyone else out there has heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

had an interview in october, but havent heard anything yet!

BAMBAM said:
U of M ...after being an alternate last year, I finally received an acceptance email yesterday...just wondering if anyone else out there has heard anything?
Congrats! All the perseverance paid off!

Members don't see this ad :)
How does the school contact you. Did anyone call to find out?

I stopped by the doffice yesterday and they said that if we hadn't heard from them yet, that we haven't been accepted yet. I took that to mean that emails were sent. I am a little frustrated in that I got accepted to an out of state school (OU) and not my state of residence! They said that the adcom meets in two weeks for thier next rounds. Then they have two weeks off for the "Holiday" break before coming back to meet again. They said that they sent out fewer admissions this year because of how slow AADSAS is this year. So ther are still more acceptance letters to be sent! I won't hold my breath though.

So everyone, what are your stats, are you Minn or regional residents, and when where your interviews at Minn if u had them?

Thanks a lot, I interviewed a in late Nov. and I am a MN resident and I really want to get in. :) Good luck to you all. :thumbup:

rambo2006 said:
So everyone, what are your stats, are you Minn or regional residents, and when where your interviews at Minn if u had them?

Thanks a lot, I interviewed a in late Nov. and I am a MN resident and I really want to get in. :) Good luck to you all. :thumbup:

I interviewed in the first week of October and didn't hear anything yet. I'm a state resident.

irishpint said:
I interviewed in the first week of October and didn't hear anything yet. I'm a state resident.

I interviewed September 23rd, in-state, 22 DAT, 3.0 GPA, nothing yet.

BAMBAM said:

What are your stats, and when was your interview?

thanks

BAMBAM said:

I was accepted by email and then received a certified mailing of the information. Congratulations to you!

acceptance email dec 1. certified letter dec 2 with in state tuition scholarship. North Dakota resident. GPA 3.7 DAT 21/21/17

takingyearoff? said:
acceptance email dec 1. certified letter dec 2 with in state tuition scholarship. North Dakota resident. GPA 3.7 DAT 21/21/17

Dude, you have really good stats, you deserve to be in!! :thumbup:
By the way did they also send an email to you?

I hope I get accepted.

I am still waiting to hear, 21/21/20 with a 3.8 GPA, outta state.

just wanted to know how is the college,clinicals,chances of specializing,patiet pool and also how is the city?

Got Accepted on the Dec 1st.........
Wasn't big deal..............Hoping to get into Med School.........Anywayz........Like My DAD said Dentists are not real doctors

samo said:
Got Accepted on the Dec 1st.........
Wasn't big deal..............Hoping to get into Med School.........Anywayz........Like My DAD said Dentists are not real doctors

I hope you dont attend dental school because it stinks to have a dentist who doesnt want to be one. You remind me of the loosers who go to dentistry witht the mindset that they are settling for less. My father is a physician and when he was in med school they had dentists teach them the head and neck. In most places around the world, Dentistry is a sub-specialty of medicine. This just comes to show its specificity.
Your comment about them not bieng "real doctors" reflects you and/or your dad's ignorance and lack of IQ.
I really dont mean to be offensive but its only fair that you know.

My question is about the instate tuition. Do you know how many instate tuition scholarships are granted? I grew up in MN and came out to go to school, worked, and became a AZ resident...so I guess you can say I am definitely and out of stater. It would be nice to pay instate since my parents are hard workin, tax payin, hearty Minnesotans.

My stats 20/22/23. GPA=3.7