minnesota or purdue????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nancyjxy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm an entering freshman in pre-pharmacy...
now i have problem choosing between minnesota and purdue
which one do u think is better
and also, is it possible to get into a pharm D program after 2 years of colleges or i have to get a BS??

Members don't see this ad.

i'm an entering freshman in pre-pharmacy...
now i have problem choosing between minnesota and purdue
which one do u think is better
and also, is it possible to get into a pharm D program after 2 years of colleges or i have to get a BS??

I can't tell you what school to choose but here are some facts you should consider about each school (I am familiar with both schools) before deciding:

U of Minnesota - Twin cities:
1. Located in a big city
2. Many job opportunities outside campus and on campus
3. Liberal population and students - much more acceptable of people who are different
4. Not much of school spirit
5. Pharmacy school is very competitive to get into; around 75% of Pharm.D students hold bachelor's degree (according to Fall 2007 admitted students pool)
6. Many bars, places to see, museums - basically rich cultural life and life outside the school

Purdue:
1. Located in more rural area
2. Opportunities for on-campus jobs but not that many opportunities outside the campus
3. Conservative student population as well as people in the surrounding area
4. A LOT of school spirit!!!
5. Pharmacy school is competitive as well, however I am not informed on the exact statistics (check out their website)
6. Quiet a few bars for students, but other than that not much of cultural life - no great museums or sightseeings

I hope this helps!!!