indecisive07

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Sorry to do this to you SDN users who have graduated from the "pre-pharmacy" to "pharmacy" thread. I've been accepted to UMN and Ohio State.

I'm from California, so I'll be paying out-of-state fees regardless.

I love that I can obtain residency in Ohio and qualify for In-state tuition after the first year. I'm relying on financial aid & loans, so I'm weary about my post-graduation financial obligations.

I Love the Twin Cities area, but the freezing weather is concerning (i'm from CA, after all...)

Program-wise. I have no idea how to fairly compare the two schools, but I'm leaning towards UMN.

Any advice you can offer would be helpful!

Thank you!

janeno

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There is a similar thread in pre-pharmacy forum.

DKSchrute6

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Go with your guy from your interview days. I got into both of these too and ended up picking OSU but it's different for everyone. Good luck with your tough decision!

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status
Pharmacist
Moved to pre-pharm
School choice threads are pre-pharm subject matter.
As mentioned about you may consider reading the other school choice thread on this matter.

Monalyce

PharmD-to-be in 2013!
10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Pharmacy Student
I Love the Twin Cities area, but the freezing weather is concerning (i'm from CA, after all...)

Program-wise. I have no idea how to fairly compare the two schools, but I'm leaning towards UMN.

Any advice you can offer would be helpful!

Thank you!
Minnesota average Jan temp=13 F.
Toledo Ohio average Jan temp=33 F.

For someone not used to these temps, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference...you'll be bundled up regardless. At least in Minnesota, once you get to school, you can basically stay inside all day (gopher tunnels :D).

Obviously I'm biased, UMN is a great program and I'm very happy with my decision to come here.