Minnesota vs Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indecisive07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to do this to you SDN users who have graduated from the "pre-pharmacy" to "pharmacy" thread. I've been accepted to UMN and Ohio State.

I'm from California, so I'll be paying out-of-state fees regardless.

I love that I can obtain residency in Ohio and qualify for In-state tuition after the first year. I'm relying on financial aid & loans, so I'm weary about my post-graduation financial obligations.

I Love the Twin Cities area, but the freezing weather is concerning (i'm from CA, after all...)

Program-wise. I have no idea how to fairly compare the two schools, but I'm leaning towards UMN.

Any advice you can offer would be helpful!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

There is a similar thread in pre-pharmacy forum.

Go with your guy from your interview days. I got into both of these too and ended up picking OSU but it's different for everyone. Good luck with your tough decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
Moved to pre-pharm
School choice threads are pre-pharm subject matter.
As mentioned about you may consider reading the other school choice thread on this matter.

I Love the Twin Cities area, but the freezing weather is concerning (i'm from CA, after all...)

Program-wise. I have no idea how to fairly compare the two schools, but I'm leaning towards UMN.

Any advice you can offer would be helpful!

Thank you!

Minnesota average Jan temp=13 F.
Toledo Ohio average Jan temp=33 F.

For someone not used to these temps, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference...you'll be bundled up regardless. At least in Minnesota, once you get to school, you can basically stay inside all day (gopher tunnels :D).

Obviously I'm biased, UMN is a great program and I'm very happy with my decision to come here.