Minnesota vs. Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDent4747

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got into these two and struggling to decide. The price difference will be around $40k in favor of Minnesota. Is that substantial enough that it should be the sole motivation for my decision? Otherwise, I really liked the Pitt atmosphere, school setup, and would like to try something new in terms of location (I've been in Minnesota/Wisconsin most of my life). Any advice from students in these two schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Got into these two and struggling to decide. The price difference will be around $40k in favor of Minnesota. Is that substantial enough that it should be the sole motivation for my decision? Otherwise, I really liked the Pitt atmosphere, school setup, and would like to try something new in terms of location (I've been in Minnesota/Wisconsin most of my life). Any advice from students in these two schools?

Go to wherever is cheaper.... It doesn't matter where you go.

Go to Minnesota. Save money. With the saved money when you get a spring break, summer break, or any vacation (which you won't get at Pitt) come to Pittsburgh, get a hotel and go site seeing.